The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

At the airport

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by chellemakepeace, Jul 25, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chellemakepeace

chellemakepeace Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    Well u was nervous. But no one even batted an eye! I just pulled out my supplies in a bag and had them go through in the little bin. No questions. Now I am stealth vaping at my gate!

2. nruiz

nruiz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2013
    Mi Casa, USA
    thats awesome! I haven't traveled yet. But once i take leave and go to California hopefully i don't have any problems

3. minigoat

minigoat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    USA
  4. chellemakepeace

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    I was pleasantly surprised. I know many have asked lately, and since I am flying out of an international airport I thought I'd share!!!!

5. mcol

mcol Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Missouri
    =) Yup I was nervous last month too, even though everyone here reassured me. And
    no problems. Happy flying!

6. Alyssasmama

Alyssasmama Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2013
    Long beach, ca
    That's awesome. Thanks for the info

7. Zipp

Zipp Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2013
    Minnetonka, MN
    Good to know! I wouldn't stealth vape (or stealth anything else for that matter) at an airport, though. Airport security can ruin your whole day if they want to, and they don't even have to have a good reason for it.

8. raqball

raqball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Agree plus it's part of what will give e cigs a bad name.. I don't ever stealth vape! It's just asking for trouble and / or giving the powers that be the ammo they are looking for.

If enough people get caught stealth vaping then the airport (or whomever) will just ban them period..

I've never understood stealth vaping but to each their own I suppose...

9. kamm

kamm Full Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Bay Area
    I am so glad to read this. Gonna be riding a plane in October. Phew

10. chellemakepeace

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    I understand that stealth vaping can be bad. I am traveling with kids and to be honest, I have just snuck to the bathroom stall a couple of times.

11. dgm76513

dgm76513 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Belton, TX
    As a person who has traveled extensively, I can tell you it is perfectly fine to carry your PV through security. Some may ask what it is, most will not.

You can vape in most airports and nobody will care, while you'll need to stealth in others.

A flight attendant on an airplane will most likely not allow you to vape on board an aircraft. You can get away with stealthing if you come to an agreement with the person sitting next to you, or you can go to the lavatory and blow clouds. The smoke detector won't bat an eye so to speak.

I did, however, have one flight attendant spot my Provari, and ask me what it was. I told her it was like an e-cigarette, but more advanced. She said I could use it as long as I let her take a drag once in a while lol.

So there you have it. And when I say I traveled extensively I mean I was on a plane once a week, or two weeks for the last four years.

12. onion456

onion456 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2013
    Houston, TX
    i just flew from boston back to houston last week, and there was a guy waiting at the gate near me, puffing away on a cigalike (looked like a FIN), no attempt at stealth whatsoever. i thought it was cool, he must have balls. i dont think i could do that. =) too worried about bothering somebody, or causing some kind of scene.

13. raqball

raqball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    My general rule of thumb is that I treat vaping like smoking when in public.. If smoking is not allowed then I won't vape.

My reasoning is that an onlooker who knows nothing about vaping will immediately think it's smoking and be offended and / or complain..

The majority of people know nothing about vaping and all they see is what they believe to be smoke getting exhaled..

My .02

14. FloydianSlip

FloydianSlip Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2013
    The Astral Plane
    I remember stealth vaping in the lavatory on a KLM non stop from San Francisco to Amsterdam and the passenger sitting behind me went to the can after me. When he returned to his seat I heard him tell his wife "Honey I swear I think someone was farting butterscotch in the can!"

15. greywolff

greywolff Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

ive flown with my Blue (yes i now know better) but come august 13th i will see how it goes

16. BostonJim

BostonJim Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Las Vegas
    I sat at an empty gate at McCarran (Las Vegas) and vaped for over 2 hours while I waited for my delayed flight. Nothing, Zip, Nadda for problems even though everybody walked by, including TSA. I was sitting in the back looking out the window, but I was hardly hiding. I didn't vape on the plane, only 50 minute flight.

Vaped at the airport some in Oakland waiting for the return, again no issues. (Oakland was much cheaper than flying to SF). Just sat there reading my book and vaped. I mean I didn't blow clouds and call attention to my self either time. I just vaped low keyed. I figured I'll just play dumb if I get any heat about it.

17. Maggiemw

Maggiemw Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2013
    Middle East
    I've just come back home from a trip where I went through 2 international flights, from Israel to and from Ethiopia, and 4 internal flights while there, with fairly heavy security checks of luggage. No questions whatsoever.

Airport toilet stalls are a nice place to vape without attracting attention!

I was in Ethiopia for three weeks - it is an absolutely beautiful place where NO women smoke (or if they do, they are REALLY ostracized) and nearly no one smokes in public at all. So vaping was perfect for me. It enabled me to respect social mores and made long drives and stays in the lodges just wonderful. I cannot imagine how uncomfortable I would have been there had I still been a smoker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.