Ate durian,and my vape is tasteless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
Yeah, some foods can really mess with the taste of a Vape. I tend not to Vape directly after iv eaten for that reason.
Durain is the sweetest of all food,it’s the worst fruit in the world for diabetics.Its found only in Asia I guess.Anyway,I am not going this consume anymore Durain this year,it’s been 3 hour and it’s still affecting the taste of my vape,messed.

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Durain is the sweetest of all food,it’s the worst fruit in the world for diabetics.Its found only in Asia I guess.Anyway,I am not going this consume anymore Durain this year,it’s been 3 hour and it’s still affecting the taste of my vape,messed.
Yes iv heard they are very very sweet but never had one. Maybe drink something of an opposite like an unsweetened lemon drink, maybe eating salty chips or something like that may help restore the balance.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Man. Once you smell durian, you will never unsmell it again. :shock:

IMG_0703.JPG

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Durain is the sweetest of all food,it’s the worst fruit in the world for diabetics
    not sure about how bad it is for diabetics, but I won't call it the sweetest of all food for sure.
    I remember trying it and it was mildly sweet and tasted more like a nut flav. cream cake which smelled like a not very fresh zombie.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I ate 5-6 piece of Durain which is very sweet,and after that I vape and it tasted very bad.
    I am prediabetic, now there is a good reason to stop eating/drinking many sweet stuff...

Durain is the sweetest of all food,it’s the worst fruit in the world for diabetics. Its found only in Asia I guess. Anyway,I am not going this consume anymore Durain this year,it’s been 3 hour and it’s still affecting the taste of my vape,messed.

You know you're pre diabetic, so, you consume the 'worst fruit in the world for diabetics', on purpose...

Very possibly removing the pre from pre diabetic isn't a good enough reason ' to stop eating/drinking many sweet stuff '.

United States

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Thanks.

I was just advised by my doctor that I'm getting a glucose meter for my 55th birthday in a few days.

Last summer I had some afrib stuff going on, which is what led me vaping instead of smoking. Yesterday he said my records showed my glucose was over 130 at the visits to the ER (back in summer). I told him "of course doc, I wasn't fasting at those times".

I kinda goofed up the other morning and forgot to take my thyroid pill and realized on the way to his office for a thyroid check. All I had with me in the car was Gatorade. So I took the pill and a big swig of Gatorade. My glucose was over 120 (supposedly after fasting).

Bottom line is I'm 55, overweight and figure the Ty 2 thing is eminent. So with all of the speak about super sweet stuff in this thread I figured instead of starting a new one I'd ask here knowing it would derail it briefly.

I'm not familiar with this durain fruit, but just finished a lifesaver and it did not make my fuji apple nectorine juice taste bad when vaped right after.

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    Thanks.

I was just advised by my doctor that I'm getting a glucose meter for my 55th birthday in a few days.

Last summer I had some afrib stuff going on, which is what led me vaping instead of smoking. He said my records showed my glucose was over 130 at the visits to the ER. I told him "of course doc, I wasn't fasting at those times".

I kinda goofed up the other morning and forgot to take my thyroid pill and realized on the way to his office. All I had with me in the car was Gatorade. So I took the pill and a big swig of Gatorade. My glucose was over 120 (supposedly after fasting).

Bottom line is I'm 55, overweight and figure the Ty 2 thing is eminent. So with all of the speak about super sweet stuff in this thread I figured instead of starting a new one I'd ask here knowing it would derail it briefly.

I'm not familiar with this durain fruit, but just finished a lifesaver and it did not make my fuji apple nectorine juice taste bad when vaped right after.
    do u try ketosis diet ? i did kentosis diet for nearly 1 year than follow by low carb diet, i able to reach 85-90 for fasting and my hba1c is 5.6 ..... now i on normal food just without sugar n control sweet snacks, mostly my fasting around 100-120 :)

United States

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    do u try ketosis diet ? i did kentosis diet for nearly 1 year than follow by low carb diet, i able to reach 85-90 for fasting and my hba1c is 5.6 ..... now i on normal food just without sugar n control sweet snacks, mostly my fasting around 100-120 :)

Haven't tried anything yet. I was just told Monday to pick up a glucose checking kit and start monitoring my blood to see if I have a problem.
    Good tip though, thanks.

Lucky you ;) Where I live, shortly before my 50th birthday, I got an invitation from the Government for a colonoscopy :eek:

Ugh. At 49.9 years old?
    Big brother knows best, right?

@Gue Ting Xuan , perhaps you are experiencing vape tongue. Happens to nearly every vaper after a couple weeks or so, where the flavor of the vape juice is seemingly gone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread