• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Athiest Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com

billtaichi

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
NC
I read the bible when I was a kid, my parents made me go to a sunday school and the sisters used to get mad at me for the questions I would ask. Like why does god want this guy to kill his own child, isn't that evil? How did Adam and Eve deal with dinosaurs? Why should we worry about our actions if God has it all planned out? Why is god such a .........? (Got smacked hard for that one but it was worth it) Funny thing is other kids started asking hard questions too after they started thinking about it. I decided very early on that I wasn't buying into their story, I may have been a kid but even I could see holes in the story. Fortunately my Dad dropped religion when the catholic church would not accept my mom because she had been divorced.

Kanlee

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
S/W.Missouri
I read the bible when I was a kid, my parents made me go to a sunday school and the sisters used to get mad at me for the questions I would ask. Like why does god want this guy to kill his own child, isn't that evil? How did Adam and Eve deal with dinosaurs? Why should we worry about our actions if God has it all planned out? Why is god such a .........? (Got smacked hard for that one but it was worth it) Funny thing is other kids started asking hard questions too after they started thinking about it. I decided very early on that I wasn't buying into their story, I may have been a kid but even I could see holes in the story. Fortunately my Dad dropped religion when the catholic church would not accept my mom because she had been divorced.

I think a lot of people just want to believe this and they are afraid to question because then they might have to come up with a good reason to keep believing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread