Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Because of the commissioner’s professional history as a pharmaceutical consultant, industry watchdogs were initially concerned that he might spurn regulation and make the agency more business-friendly, as Trump’s appointees at the Environmental Protection Agency and Interior Department have done. Instead, Gottlieb has largely done the opposite: He’s been outspoken in his intent to regulate the availability of e-cigarettes
What? Hardly. He extended the PMTA deadline by four years and did almost no enforcement of the "no new products after 8/8/16" part of the Deeming. He could have shut down the entire industry on 8/8/18 if he just stuck to the letter of the pre-existing regulations.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Seems as though juul, a problem created by BT and BP is going to be used as a vehicle for the desecration and destruction of vaping in the US using the familiar excuse of what about the children.

But hey. It's okay to poison food, air and water. And licence and prescribe highly addictive and lethal drugs, even to children. All because various individuals profit from it!

Reactions: bacc.vap

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Seems as though Juul, a problem created by BT and BP is going to be used as a vehicle for the desecration and destruction of vaping in the US using the familiar excuse of what about the children.
What exactly are you trying to say with that sentence? Juul had nothing to do with BT until a few months ago, and still has nothing to do with BP.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Seems as though Juul, a problem created by BT and BP is going to be used as a vehicle for the desecration and destruction of vaping in the US using the familiar excuse of what about the children.

But hey. It's okay to poison food, air and water. And licence and prescribe highly addictive and lethal drugs, even to children. All because various individuals profit from it!

Help me out here.

How, exactly, did BT and BP create this "Problem" ?

And What, exactly, is the Problem they allegedly created ?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It is Interesting how there is No Distinction between Fact and Opinion in these Statements...

"Flavored vape products, the agency argued, were especially easy entry points for teen use, and they weren’t necessary in order for e-cigarettes to be used as effective alternatives to combustible cigarettes for adult smokers."

"That move was heralded as a step in the right direction by people such as Robert Jackler, a Stanford University professor who researches how e-cigarettes like
the ultra-popular Juul are marketed to young people."

"That broad and relatively easy access, coupled with Juul’s small, easily concealable size, has led millions of kids (many of whom
don’t even realize it contains nicotine) into at least casual tobacco use."

---

BTW - Doesn't the Last Part of the Sentence below pretty much Guarantee that any Regulation/Restrictions placed on e-Cigarette, short of an All Out Ban which is Illegal under the FSTPA, aimed towards limiting Youth Availability are going to be Marginally Effective at best?

"For most of its existence, kids could buy Juuls and their replaceable pods relatively easily from convenience stores and vape shops with lax ID practices, from online retailers, and—maybe most troublingly—from enterprising older classmates who sell them in schools."

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
The useage of Juul devices by the youth demographic.

And when I mean created, I mean that they have used statistics and biased studies to inflate the issue that they have contributed to.

But like I said.

So what I've been getting at is it's all about money, that's going to be the driving force behind any decision. No ethics and or morals are going to be involved.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The useage of Juul devices by the youth demographic.

And when I mean created, I mean that they have used statistics and biased studies to inflate the issue that they have contributed to.

Now I'm even More Confused. I think I'll just Quit asking Questions.

LOL

• Agree
Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread