Ato-miser Nhaler First Impression / Semi Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
The only reason I don't consider this full blown review is because 1) this was orignally intended to just be a post on the ongoing thread of the ato-miser happening here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rebuildable-atomizer-little-miser-all-us.html 2) I have only had this for a whole day and you will see in my further down that I make note of this when commenting on some issues with the ato-miser. Lastly) I don't like doing reviews because I feel there are much better people who are capable of doing a review than myself (I still consider myself a newb :laugh: So without further ado here is my post that turned into a review, but really is a first impression :p

Okay Drew you have really done us "tinkering" folk a true service by selling these ato-miser kits. I have been using them all day (ordered 2 from you with the special sale you had) to use with my omega and compare along side my other mods who all have some derivation of an IKV 801 2.0-2.5 atty. Obviously I watched your videos, which were really helpful so I was immediately prepared to build one once I opened it up. Took me about 2 minutes to build me a lr atty. I was shooting for 2.0 and that's what I got on the first try. I couldn't believe how simple these were to make. Of the 4 I built ( 2.0, 2.1., 2.4, 2.4) I only had to use one extra wire due to the thin part breaking off on me. So this is were I try to organize things a little, emphasis on try

Flavor, Vapor, TH, Heat (8) All had the funny taste on the exhale, but I think if I break them in some more or pre-soak the wicks through a little warm water and then dry them out it that may due trick. Anyways lets get to performance. These things can produce some serious vapor. I was vaping high vg juice so I can't really comment on throat hit (it's not on my list favorite things :p), but I'm sure someone else can. Flavor like I said is somewhat similar to my other attys, but I will reserve my full conclusion until I break in the wicks more. I would say if anyone has tried CE2s and experienced some alteration with taste initially then you won't be too surprised on the exhale when something is off. Maybe the taste will change with the couple reuses of them. Heat with these babies were nice and warm. after the second hit. I actually like the coolness of thef first hit on a cold atty because it still produces tons of vapor. If your looking for vapor production in your attys then these have all you can take. Let's just say with one long draw I could make enough doughnut rings to make krispy kreme jealous. That or fill a room like a disco.

Functionality (9) This is the ato-miser's biggest selling point in my opinion. I have to say I had so much fun building these attys and then testing them. I have had a little trouble getting a higher resistance atty (trying to hit the 3.0 ohm led to two 2.4 attys) made. I think I am doing something wrong because it seemed pretty easy for Drew to make the 5 ohm atty on his video. This is what is great about the ato-miser though is that you can tinker to your hearts content till you get it right, and from my experience getting it right happens more often than not. Learning curve is much shorter than I though it would be and even if an atty shorts you could build one in a matter of minutes. It does not fit on my REOs without an adapter and even so there is not point until there is a bottom feeder version, which hopefully is in the works :)

Misc My ato-miser kit unfortunately came with the wrong screwdriver for the screws. The one I received was a flat tip and it was too big to even try to use on the head of the screw. Fortunately I have tons of glasses sets so I didn't really worry about it :laugh: I like the scissor that came with the kit and I'm sure they will come in handy with other applications. I forgot to mention the ato-miser is much smaller than I thought it would be. I actually thought it was the same diameter as my omega but it is quite a bit smaller. Reminds me of Hershey kiss in size :laugh:

Overall I give the ato-miser an 8.5/10 only because a lot of the reason we vape is to have that flavor along with vapor production. When something alters what were use to it can be a bit disconcerting. However, I will point out again I myself can say that I have not even broken this things in yet. With a couple of rinses and reuses with the same wick this could atty could just cover all my bases. With that said I'm elated that I can build my own atty in 2 minutes and have it perform like a stud. That alone makes it worth the purchase IMO. I don't have a lathe so don't tell me it's really easy to make the part yourself or have someone do it. I'm not pailpoe or raidy y'know :(

Sorry if I missed anything and any spelling, grammar, and anything else that may have caused you discomfort when reading this :p. Like I said I never intended for this to be review and even so be this long :laugh:, but hopefully this gives you some insight to any potential buyers interested in knowing more about the ato-miser.

I rushed to take a picture after deciding i was going to post this on the review forum so sorry if it doesn't do it justice. I was just trying to show whats in the kit and also get a size comparison to what I am currently using

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From left to right ninja, uncapped ato-miser, Reo Mini with IKV801Mini/stealth, Omega with ato-miser, grand with IKV801Semi, wicks and wires, scissor w/ cae, flat tip screw driver (hopefully others will get the correct, but no biggie for me), and lastly green tweezers. Oops I forgot the nhaler bag that this all came with, nice touch.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Hey Jay,
Thanks Man!!! No thats a really well written and pretty dead on review. The only adds or differences would be,
1) This one, I think you figured out allready...The taste will go away once broken in and I guess I didnt emphasize that enough in my video, but they should be burndt off some. This will be hidden somewhat right from the beggining if you are using them at Higher Voltage.
I burn them at 6 volt s now and it seems almost imediate but if you put it down to 3.7 you find out they still need some breaking in sometimes.
2) They seem to have flooding issue that will make them taste harsh also...I find if I overfill them (particularly with lower voltage) they will be harsh until some of the liquid burns off...This is one of the things that will fall into the learning curve and are subjective to tatse.

But overall , Thanks again for the review and taking the time to write this up.
Drew

ibreathagain

Nov 27, 2009
houston, texas
Well after running into what seems like a glut of attys that burn up, Including the high voltage ones, I learned about these rebuildable attys. I ordered the set of 2 and im very excited to try out this new type of atty. Plus that will mean im vaping all American gear. so ....in awesome! If the USA didnt invent it, they will soon improve upon it.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've been sticked :)

Little update been vaping andy's mint from gourmet vapor on a 2.3 built atty for the past day on and off, and am happy to the say the off flavor has completely left. I have another atty at 2.0 that I've been vaping bwb malty toffee for the almost the same amount of time and there is just a slight tinge of that wick flavor left (nothing like it was initially mind you). So like I said I'm thoroughly impressed with the ones I built and have not felt it necessary to break them down yet and try again, which would only take a few minutes if chose to I'm thinking the little bit of menthol in the andy's mint has helped speed up the process of that flavor leaving :)

I was just wondering Drew how many wraps is it taking you with 3.0 ohm wire you provided to get it at 3.0ohm let's say compared to 2.5? I plan to build a little higher resistance (I prefer a somewhat cool dense vape) when I break them down.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
With the prefabbed wires it dosent really matter just as long as you use the whole center protion of the wire ...It might be 3 to 5 depending on the size of the wick you use...Thanks
Drew

Ok now I see what I was doing wrong. I was cutting off part of the thin portion when I thought I was finished. Appreciate the response. Too bad these are working so well at 2.0 and 2.3 that I don't feel the need to rebuild them yet :)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Im curious to see how long they last so keep us posted. I have couple that have lasted about 2 weeks now and am curious to see if different liquids and different uses will affect these and how.
I am actually looking at the ones that are working the best to try and see what the difference is and why they seem so much better. Thanks
Drew

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
Yes please keep us posted. I'm ordering two of these tomorrow and would like to know how long they've lasted you
so Drew I have a question....
the prefabbed wires that come with this... is the center of them a thicker gauge that the outside? (the part you wrap around the screw) I'm wondering, because is it the LENGTH or the GAUGE (width) that determines the ohms? I was just wondering, because at the end you cut the wire so wouldn't that take away from the resistance?
(does my question make any sense??)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Yes it does...The prefabbed wires have fatter ends that dont change the resistance of the wire if you connect them to the screw and then cut them off at the fatter section.
I hope that made sense? In other words they are not part of the resitance equation...I tried to show them in the video but not sure if they showed up for everyone.
Hope that helps...Thanks
Drew

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
Yes it does...The prefabbed wires have fatter ends that dont change the resistance of the wire if you connect them to the screw and then cut them off at the fatter section.
I hope that made sense? In other words they are not part of the resitance equation...I tried to show them in the video but not sure if they showed up for everyone.
Hope that helps...Thanks
Drew
That's the perfect answer- to a not so perfect question ha ha
Yes, it made sense- kinda hard to word I guess but you did a good job

So the prefabbed wires have bigger ends used for the screws and as long as you don't cut the middle section it won't mess up the resistance- gotcha. I think we're on the same page

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Last edited:

monsterkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2010
southwest
Ok now I see what I was doing wrong. I was cutting off part of the thin portion when I thought I was finished. Appreciate the response. Too bad these are working so well at 2.0 and 2.3 that I don't feel the need to rebuild them yet :)

hi; can you please tell me how many wraps you made with the coil? i seem to be having problems getting any decent vapor and there is alot of harshness still, even though i have done the alcohol soak, baked at 500deg., etc. i am hoping you can give me a guideline for the 2.0 and 2.3, thanks. the taste is really good, that part i seem to have down.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Hey everyone...Sorry, ,but I am trying desperately to catch up here and the internet is extremely slow loading and posting....
If you are having problems , pleasse watch the videos that are linked in this thread and they wil explain your problems.
If the wires are burning up, it is because they are touching the bottom or each other....This is explained in the videos.....Thanks
Drew

monsterkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2010
southwest
the wires are breaking when i am trying to put the atomiser together. the only ones not breaking so far are the 4ohm wires. i have some 34ga wire from jacobs that i used, 3 wraps of the 34 made a 2.7 atty. i would like to make an atty at 2 or 2.5 like benjayman did. i have watched the videos several times, they have been a big help.

anyone else having a problem with the wires sent with the kit, and what did you do to remedy this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread