Atomiser replacement instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
Do you think some clever and kind Sticker could provide drawings or pictures to accompany the following?

3. Installation of the ionizer
Carefully push the ionizer, with the plastic cap cart inserted, into the stick’s dedicatedionizer shaft until you reach the internal screw.

Gently screw the ionizer: hold and turn the
plastic cap to screw the ionizer into the stick’s dedicated ionizer shaft.

Use the
plastic cap cart as a grip to unscrew the ionizer from the stick’s body when needed.

scylla

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
From the instructions.......

3. Installation of the ionizer
Carefully push the ionizer, with the plastic cap cart inserted, into the stick’s dedicated ionizer shaft until you reach the internal screw.

Gently screw the ionizer: hold and turn the plastic cap to screw the ionizer into the stick’s dedicated ionizer shaft.

Use the plastic cap cart as a grip to unscrew the ionizer from the stick’s body when needed.

Now i don't know what's happening with your's scylla but with mine i can
"push the ionizer, with the plastic cap cart inserted, into the stick’s dedicated ionizer shaft until I reach the internal screw, but then i hear a "click" as it clicks into place but i can Not "turn the plastic cap to screw the ionizer into the stick’s dedicated ionizer shaft".
No amount of turning will "screw" it on. It just turns round and round.
When i press the switch on i can hear it sizzle but i'm getting as much juice in my mouth as i am vapour.
I Can with a lot off effort and sore fingers "Screw it in" until i can't screw anymore and then if i put the cart in it's ok but the cart is at an angle but at least i don't get juice in my mouth.
My only problem now is trying to get the bloody "Ioniser" (which is a fancy new name for "Atomiser") out of the thing when it needs replacing.
I can't do it with my fingers 'cause there's not enough length to grip.
I think i'm going to need a pair of pliars. :confused:
I don't know where the problem is. It might be the Atomiser or it might be the stick. I don't know.

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
i can Not "turn the plastic cap to screw the ionizer into the stick’s dedicated ionizer shaft".
No amount of turning will "screw" it on. It just turns round and round.
Quite.

When i press the switch on i can hear it sizzle
I couldn't get it to sizzle.
I Can with a lot off effort and sore fingers "Screw it in" until i can't screw anymore
Me too 8-o Very sore indeed! I used folded Kleenex to unscrew it but had an agonising job trying to get it screwed in again and had to go back to my Mini until I recovered my composure.
it's ok but the cart is at an angle
Now that bit, I don't identify with :confused:
My only problem now is trying to get the bloody "Ioniser" (which is a fancy new name for "Atomiser") out of the thing when it needs replacing.
I can't do it with my fingers 'cause there's not enough length to grip.
I think i'm going to need a pair of pliars. :confused:
I thought of using pliers but visualised the atomiser getting squashed out of shape so that a cart would no longer fit. However, the carts are not round-ended, it might be OK as long as you squash the atomiser to match the indentations in the cart. I thought of cutting up a thick elastic band and gluing pieces to the inside of the pliers to save scratching the atomiser and to provide more grip.

I thought and thought and thought!!!

I felt I must be misinterpreting the instructions but the fact is I couldn't interpret them at all, rightly or wrongly :confused: And I naively thought that some kind and clever soul here would be able to illustrate the instructions for me. I was feeling so isolated with my problem until you came along, Deewal :)

scylla *sniff*

Last edited:

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hi deewal,

I had this problem to begin with, and to me its caused by the atomiser being matt black, and a tight fit, hence no amount of turning the cart will actually turn the atomiser, sorry its not an ionizer to me...lol.

I eventually got it out by placing kitchen roll around the cart before replacing it, that worked, otherwise I was going to resort to the pliers too...lol

I replaced mine with a silver one, so that does turn.

With this silver one, I push it down till I hear the click, then very slowly but firmly turn clockwise. You can do this probably 2 full turns, and then it stays put.

This could be a design flaw, and by that I dont mean with the stick itself, but simply the logic that the atomiser should have a gloss finish when its such a tight fit.

Last edited:

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Morning Scylla

If the cart is a tight fit, which the Janty ones are, they act like a vice gripping the atomiser tight from the inside.

So if thats tight, as I got mine to be with the kitchen roll, it will grip and force the atomiser to turn.

You are right the atomiser in itself is too short to grip any other way

Toby is aware of this problem and doing all he can to sort it out, so no doubt anyone having this problem and openly saying so or contacting him direct, will get a resolution from him.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
When something doesn't 'grab' the threading, it can help to first turn it counterclockwise... somewhere along the way it will get onto the threading in the right way, and then you can turn it onto the thread as it should be. Of course, if the atomizer is too 'fat' to even get to the threading, this is not going to be helpful... but hopefully for some cases it can be.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
Me too, using teeth scratches pretty atomisers but hey its hidden in the stick anyway! If something doesn't fit, you really do need to force it, when I put in a generic there is no hope of getting it back out again without biting down on it hehe and hopefully in time the atomisers will fit better as the plastic gets into shape!

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
I just use a small towel on the end of the black atomizer, seems to grip it ok. The carts do turn in the atomizers, I have only genuine Janty carts and some dont even hold in to the atomizer. There is clearly some manufacturing variance on them.
I still feel that holding the cart and twisting it is a bad idea. I dont want wool getting caught up in my atomizer and melting, polyester fumes aren't something I want to be inhaling.

Janty should include an atomizer tool, like a mini version of the things you can get to open tight jar lids.

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
COMING SOON

jantyglove

glove.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread