Atomizer defect, or ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
Recently I saw a video review of a new passthrough in which the reviewer began noticing a bad smell and taste coming out of the 801 atomizers he was using in the product. He described it as a burned plastic smell. Not pleasant. I recently got some new 801 atomizers -- these are chromed, not the original gloss black. After taking 'x' number of no-inhale puffs to get rid of the primer...I'm getting that same problem. Even with properly filled carts, I cannot get rid of that bad taste and smell from these new atomizers.

By this point I've gotten enough good advice from the forum that I think I'm past the usual newbie "how come this tastes so bad?" problem that stems from new users' not realizing about primer on the atomizers.

I put the older (gloss black) atomizer onto my passthrough and -- no problem. I put the newer chrome one back on there, and: there it is again. Bad taste/smell.

The least problem with them is: no flavor coming out of the cartridge -- just a sort of neutral taste. And then as some of the e-liquid is used up in the cart: back comes the burned taste. Odd...

What could cause it? I can't use these things at all.

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
I am bumping this up to find out if you ever figured it out. I am having the same problem and I have tried this with several atomizers and got the same result. It like an oily burnt rubber taste. I have tried dripping, cleaning, flushing, changing carts, over-filling, under-filling, and nothing is helping.
Best I could figure out: there was something seriously wrong with the manual-button 801 passthrough I bought. I must return it for an exchange. It is the only passthrough I've had for either the 510 or the 801 that caused such a problem. I suspect it's excessive voltage being delivered to the atomizer but why that would cause the bad taste and smell -- as opposed to simply producing warmer (or even hot) vapor -- I don't know. In any case I'm sending it back and I will live with the auto 801 passthroughs I have...and I hope I can find an auto 801 passthrough to replace the bad one.

At least one vendor (Eastmall) got bad quality 801 passthroughs and stopped carrying them for a while (there's a thread in their own forum about why they aren't selling them at the moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread