Atomizer inconsistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynchite

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
North West UK
Is it just me or is every other 901 atomizer you buy crap?

Some of them are just too loose, like too much air passes through them in a drag to heat the vapour enough, and some of them, no matter how hard you puff, just produce wisps of vapour. It just seems that I have to buy 2 atomizers a time to get a decent one...

The ones that seem to work best make a satisfying little click sound when you pull on them IME. But alas these all die too quickly. I have tried boiling them and it killed 3 of them completely. I left one to drain for about 2 weeks and when I tried it again it tasted like dog breath! Gonna try blowing some out with canned air to see if I can revive them.

I have managed to source one of those USB passthroughs and I'm going to get an APC powerpack, I've read the atomizers last longer with these... any truth in that? How long on average does your 901 atomizer last? for me it definitely seems to be the week link in the e-cig.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Is it just me or is every other 901 atomizer you buy crap?

Some of them are just too loose, like too much air passes through them in a drag to heat the vapour enough, and some of them, no matter how hard you puff, just produce wisps of vapour. It just seems that I have to buy 2 atomizers a time to get a decent one...

The ones that seem to work best make a satisfying little click sound when you pull on them IME. But alas these all die too quickly. I have tried boiling them and it killed 3 of them completely. I left one to drain for about 2 weeks and when I tried it again it tasted like dog breath! Gonna try blowing some out with canned air to see if I can revive them.

I have managed to source one of those USB passthroughs and I'm going to get an APC powerpack, I've read the atomizers last longer with these... any truth in that? How long on average does your 901 atomizer last? for me it definitely seems to be the week link in the e-cig.

atomizer are reasonably consistent.. its the rest of the system that isnt.. or to be more accurate it all has to be right to be at its best.. it often isnt..

trog

My first atomizer for 901 was great, second was weak for some reason. Then, the good one blew out, so Im now stuck with just the weak one. Little to say, I havent been using my 901 as much. I'll be ordering more, but Ive spent so much on all this already i need a time out before I go getting more. Had some good ones / bad ones with my PeeWees too so far. So yeah, Id agree with the atomizers being hit or miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread