Atomizer & the v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I've used nothing but 510 attys on my V2, and the only blow-outs I've had occurred yesterday when I tried the dry burn resurrection method on them. If I keep them wet, they are doing fine so far. With both my V1 and V2, both at 5v, I've averaged about 5 to 6 weeks of good atty life. Then the draw becomes so difficult that they're practically unusable.

I'm about to dive into the world of cartomizers; I ordered some last night and hope to have them this week.

Edit: Meant to say I lost two yesterday to blow-outs. Apparently it wasn't a good day. Outside of that, the only atty deaths I've suffered have been due to old age (if you consider 6 weeks to be old).

Last edited:

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
The solution is in the age of the batteries. As the batteries get older they produce less power and dont fry atomizers. I went through a dozen atomizers. I then finally got a brand new 510 on and it has been working very well for 2 weeks.
If you want to start off on new batteries, you might want to buy a high voltage atomizer to use until the batteries weaken a little.

Also the older atomizers that might work well on the stock ecig batteries, are already weakened and tend to fry instantly when using them on new batteries, so judging the batteries weakness on a used atomizer is not the correct method.

cha0tics0ul

Aug 15, 2009
I've used nothing but 510 attys on my V2, and the only blow-outs I've had occurred yesterday when I tried the dry burn resurrection method on them. If I keep them wet, they are doing fine so far. With both my V1 and V2, both at 5v, I've averaged about 5 to 6 weeks of good atty life. Then the draw becomes so difficult that they're practically unusable.

I'm about to dive into the world of cartomizers; I ordered some last night and hope to have them this week.

Edit: Meant to say I lost two yesterday to blow-outs. Apparently it wasn't a good day. Outside of that, the only atty deaths I've suffered have been due to old age (if you consider 6 weeks to be old).
May I ask where you are going to get your cartomizers? And what adapter?

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
May I ask where you are going to get your cartomizers? And what adapter?

I ordered blank cartomizers and the adapter from Altsmoke.

Here's the link to their cartomizer page:

AltSmoke | Personal Vaporizers - Ecigs | KR808D Cartomizers

Here's the link to their adapter page:

AltSmoke | Personal Vaporizers - Ecigs Battery Adapters - Adapters - PV Parts - Products

I got the adapter for the 510 battery to 901/KR808D atomizer.

This was my first order from Altsmoke, but I have to say I'm impressed. I placed my order around midnight Friday night and got a shipping notice Saturday morning.

PureSmoker's blank cartos are slightly cheaper (1.09 each), but they are currently out of stock. And PS doesn't sell the adapters.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
Just as a heads up, LiteCig now has full size 510 cartomizers that look to be totally kosher. I don't usually use 510 gear and cannot comment on these cartos, but I have ordered from LiteCig and can say that my experiences with them have been outstanding.

Interesting. They're the same price as the Altsmoke KR808Ds.

I'd be interested to know how they compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread