Atomizers and throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow e-smokers,

I've just started vaping with a DSE901 and I'm having some issues with the consistency of atomizers. Some don't work at all......this I can understand, just crappy quality. However, I'm getting most frustrated with the inconsistency of throat hit I get from different atomizers. Some give me awesome amounts of vapour but NO throat hit????? Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Effex

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
NYC
Hello Tim,

I think you may just have to "break in" your atomizer. If you've been only using it for a day or 2, you will probably notice that it will get more powerful in another day or so. I don't know exactly why this happens, but it sure happend to me. I've been puffing away on my Npro (super-mini) for a week now and it only began giving me decent throat hits and vapor production about 3-4 days after I received it.

The device is an original DSE901. The new atomizers I'm trying came from 'pingsonline' an ebay store. The liquid I use has come from 'bestecig' it's the extra high(24mg) flue-cured tobacco liquid. It's been giving me a great throat hit with my older atomizer. I've been sitting here now testing out three new atomizers. One appears to be a bit of a dud all together; not much vapour. The other two are producing stacks of vapour but I'm gettig no throat hit. When I take the cartridge off one of the new atomizers and put it on my ol' faithful atomizer I get no greater amount of vapour but a great throat hit!??

I don't understand it at all

Effex

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
NYC
Tim,

I'll tell you what, from what i've gathered in the past week, I can safely say that throat hit greatly depends on the model.

Take my super-mini for example, I only started to get a decent throat hit about 3 days after I began using it. Up until then, I was getting mediocre throat hits at best.

I also notice that, even a week after, my piece only comes into life later in the day, because in the morning, it doesn't produce much vapor and it doesn't give me a great throat hit.. But by noon, I am vaping the crap out of this thing and it's great.

I don't know why, I don't know how, but that's just the way it is with my piece. You could be experiencing a similar issue. This is also why I ordered 2 other e-cigs (the pilot and dura-c)

Give it another few days, keep topping off when you're running out, be conscious of the batteries, and keep going at it. If you do everything right, you should definitely see it come to life within a day or 2.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
No, should I give that a go? Is it ok to drip onto the 901 atomizers? How much should I drip?

Sorry, I'm a newbie!

Thanks

Yes, you can drip with those. Unfortunately, I've never owned one so can't advise on how to do it. I only own the penstyle and it might be different. Hopefully someone who does this will come along with more info. Or they're might be some threads on it already.

But that might help to see why you have done well with the one and what's going on with the others.

Lu

Thanks heaps for your help guys! I'm just a little frustrated right now! I'm from Australia, e-cigs are banned over here (or more correctly the nicotine juice is banned so no one sells the devices) so I have to buy everything from overseas, with shipping it gets a bit pricey. I just want some more atomizers like the one (of three, two were duds) I got originally which works sooooo well. I've got just about every analog smoker I know wanting one with this thing, but I know it's gonna die on me one day soon!

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I wanted to add....I have a penstyle and to test my atomizers, I take off the cart and just puff on the atomizer itself. If I don't get a great hit that way, then I know something is wrong.

But believe it or not, I once thought an atomizer was bad because it didn't work with puffing it this way and come to find out, it was the battery. The battery was lighting up but not enough power. I found that out by trying the atomizer on a fresh battery.

So play around with them a little. Interchange parts. Something might end up working.

Good luck!

Lu

The device is an original DSE901. The new atomizers I'm trying came from 'pingsonline' an ebay store. The liquid I use has come from 'bestecig' it's the extra high(24mg) flue-cured tobacco liquid. It's been giving me a great throat hit with my older atomizer. I've been sitting here now testing out three new atomizers. One appears to be a bit of a dud all together; not much vapour. The other two are producing stacks of vapour but I'm gettig no throat hit. When I take the cartridge off one of the new atomizers and put it on my ol' faithful atomizer I get no greater amount of vapour but a great throat hit!??

I don't understand it at all

Hi timmyliam81, Can you name which atomizers were dudes and which ones were good? I am new here and am interested in finding out which ones to buy and what to avoid. Thanks. :confused:

Hi timmyliam81, Can you name which atomizers were dudes and which ones were good? I am new here and am interested in finding out which ones to buy and what to avoid. Thanks. :confused:

Hi,

I've had mixed experiences. I bought my original DSE901 from 'heaven gifts' on ebay, I also purchased two extra atomizers from them. Two of the atomizers were duds (or at least I couldn't get them working, having read some of the replies to this post maybe I could have by trying different things). All the other components have been good. I've just received three new atomizers from 'pingonlines', these are the ones I've been talking about in this thread; plenty of vapour - no throat hit???

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
I know its just a typo but funny.:p
I've had different throat hits from different liquids. Some of the flavored ones give hardly any and the Tennessee cured gives alot.

Last edited:
I wanted to add....I have a penstyle and to test my atomizers, I take off the cart and just puff on the atomizer itself. If I don't get a great hit that way, then I know something is wrong.

But believe it or not, I once thought an atomizer was bad because it didn't work with puffing it this way and come to find out, it was the battery. The battery was lighting up but not enough power. I found that out by trying the atomizer on a fresh battery.

So play around with them a little. Interchange parts. Something might end up working.

Good luck!

Lu

Thanks Lu,

I've tried dripping on to the atomizer and smoking with no cartridge now.....lo and behold I got a good throat hit :D awesome advice man cheers! I think the atomizers are improving as well after a bit of use as some people have been suggesting happens. Yay!

Hi,

I've had mixed experiences. I bought my original DSE901 from 'heaven gifts' on ebay, I also purchased two extra atomizers from them. Two of the atomizers were duds (or at least I couldn't get them working, having read some of the replies to this post maybe I could have by trying different things). All the other components have been good. I've just received three new atomizers from 'pingonlines', these are the ones I've been talking about in this thread; plenty of vapour - no throat hit???

Yikes! I have purchased my DSE901 starter kit and many accessories from 'heaven gifts' on ebay as well. (but have not received yet) Previously, I have bought other items ( non e cig things) from them, with great customer service. Once when I received the wrong item, they replaced it immediately.
I just read on this forum this morning that ebay is pulling all it's USA listings for e cigarettes, however when I just tried it now, I had no problem. I hope they are wrong.
I hope that I will still receive what I purchased and that it works. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread