atomizers for the eGo - the GP510 LR is the bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
I got the eGo recently - already had a lot of 808's, but this was my first time with separate atomizers. Have been sampling all of them, trying to find the sweet spot. Must say, the GP510 LR2.0 ohm is the best I've tried so far.

Not just the low resistance either... Is there something fundamentally different in the construction of it, aside from the LR? This thing is just a champ, it just holds the juice better - doesn't flood easily at all. With both the Joye510 atomizers, and the "eGo Atomizer for Joye eGo", they seem to flood easily, get very gurgly, and half the time you have to kinda blow it out and start over (when dripping primarily). This one doesn't do that. Hasn't "flooded" once on me yet - sometimes you get a tiny bit of gurgle and you can just kinda puff right through it.

The other thing I'm noticing is no horrible plastic taste when it starts to get a little dry. I'm assuming these LR's use a different sort of wick thread under the bridge, or none at all? Removing those threads on the standard 510 atty's helped that a little bit (for dripping only of course), but still get it sometimes on those. Don't get that at all on this one.

Anyway, if you're looking to branch out from the standard 510 atty's, and haven't tried this one yet, its freakin awesome

Good chance that's a "well, duh" fact some of you seasoned eGo users are already aware of, and if so, ignore this - but I was clueless when picking up this kit, so thought I'd toss that out there, after trying most of em

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
Oh, I use those as well (I think I've tried them all at this point).

For when I'm out and about, the eGo Cartomizers are the best. ... although as far as matching the eGo, I guess that would be true if you have a black eGo (or a white eGo with the white cartomizers - since the cartos only come in those 2 colors). My eGos are stainless steel, so the black cartomizers actually don't match at all. Kind of a pain to fill, but you get quicker the more times ya do it (filled one from scratch yesterday in under a minute while the family was loading up to head out to the zoo, and I wanted to take my new beloved Blended TAB along). The downside I've noticed with the cartomizers is that like a lot of cartomizers, after a few days of a lot of use, the taste starts to change. So, I try to use those sparingly, only when I need the portability. When I'm sitting at home, or at my desk at work, I drip into the GP510 LR.

When I first got the eGo, I had intended to use it for dripping only, and continue to use my KR808D-1's for on-the-go... but after trying those cartomizers.... I mean come on, they rock and they hold 2ml ferchrissakes - heheh My 808's are feeling a bit neglected now

Last edited:

kalojado

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Dayton, Ohio Area
Yeah, I love the GP 510 LR atties. Been singing their praise in my daily video reviews (for those of you still watching) and the thing works great. Used the same LR atty for almost 2 weeks now. Just tonight blew it out and did a dry burn to get some of the excess juice outta there. But all in all, they work great, and sell at an awesome price. I definitely think anyone with an eGo should check them out... (and my videos if you haven't been watching) :)
Vape On!

Crystallas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2010
Illinois
I only like 1 other LR 510 more than GPs(and it's pretty close), but the GP's is $2 less!

These are damn good attys!

Good chance that's a "well, duh" fact some of you seasoned eGo users are already aware of, and if so, ignore this - but I was clueless when picking up this kit, so thought I'd toss that out there, after trying most of em

Actually, a lot of people are still somewhat confused to which is what, and what works best. IMO, as far as attys are concerned, it's not a user preference. It is a clear winner, and GP has the best of all worlds on this gem.

If I had to suggest anyone to buy anything from GP. These attys would be #1, the VG would be #2, and the straight shorty drip tips would be #3, as most places sell the thicker drip tips, and no wonder so many people don't like them! LOL

Last edited:

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
You know, you're right. I'm using one right now after my beloved (I'm getting way too attached to this "stuff" of mine) lr from puresmoker died recently, and this is about 100x better than the ones I was using while I waited for my order from gp to arrive. Somehow I didn't put two and two together until you mentioned it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread