Atomizers, just lucky or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikalares

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Kentucky USA
I see people all over the place talking about the short life of their atomizers. When I first started vaping I flooded out a few 901s, but that's been it. I haven't lost an 801 yet. They don't even lose power/vapor production and all I do is swap them out nightly and let the one I used for that day drain overnight on a paper towel. I have attys that are four months old that still work like they did day one.

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
I've got a 901 and have lost more to hardware failure than anything else. Here is my history since I started on March 1st of this year.

First - Good vapor the first day, poor vapor the next day. Was warranty replaced and it finally died after multiple attempts to get it going.

Second - Quit working in less than a week. Dissect it and found a wire broke loose.

Third - Fried it when the battery came on while changing carts. This one lasted almost a month.

Forth - Fried it when the button stuck on my homemade manual PassThrough.

I use one atty at a time. As for maintenance, drain nightly and wash out once a week.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I think there is a some technique that some ppl use that is causing them to die for the most part. It seems that ppl with bad luck have consistent bad luck and there are others who can't kill them no matter what they do.

If I had to guess I would say it has to do with how dry people let them go. I know I drip mine at the first sign of vapor reduction or a change of taste and I have yet to kill a single one. Maintenance seems to have little effect.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I however do not drip on them I only refill carts so maybe that is it.

Drip vs cart and maintenance technique seem to have nothing to do with it. Even the models don't show any discernible pattern. There is a chronic atomizer murderer on the forums who is testing VG over PG to see if that has any effect but other than that, it appears it comes down to either some use technique or karma.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I think there is a some technique that some ppl use that is causing them to die for the most part. It seems that ppl with bad luck have consistent bad luck and there are others who can't kill them no matter what they do.

If I had to guess I would say it has to do with how dry people let them go. I know I drip mine at the first sign of vapor reduction or a change of taste and I have yet to kill a single one. Maintenance seems to have little effect.

Well I am one of those who never has any luck with atomizers....and the one thing I 'never' do is drape them dry....so now I am experimenting with doing dry burns three times a day for a few seconds starting right from a new coil....so far everything is looking good .....but it's too early to get excited...it's only the third day.

MoonMan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009

I agree with this 100%. I am the exact same way and have only had one die and that was almost immediately after I started using it AND I was a noob to the whole thing.

Since then, a few atomizer soaks here and there have been the only maintenance I do, and I drip and top off constantly. I like to keep the atomizer very wet.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Well I am one of those who never has any luck with atomizers....and the one thing I 'never' do is drape them dry....so now I am experimenting with doing dry burns three times a day for a few seconds starting right from a new coil....so far everything is looking good .....but it's too early to get excited...it's only the third day.

Speaking of the atomizer murderer... ^^^

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Are people with atomizer problems using passthroughs or big ol' modded batteries or something?

I've only been doing this a little over a month and can't stick with one style more than a week or two, so I don't know how long mine might last.

I have only recently started making my own mods ...so it isn't because of that for me....so far using a mod has neither improved or worsened my luck with atomizers. At the moment I would be well happy to get two weeks out of an atomizer.

mikalares

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Kentucky USA
Bit confused on the original post: you state that you haven't lostan atty yet and that you have attys that are 4 months old, yet your siggy states taht you have been vaping for more than 200 days...... my maths are awry somewhere! LOL! :confused:

I started with 901s, lost more than a few of those. Haven't lost a single penstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread