atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Hi! had a question about the atomizer.. my 401 was working fine last night.. vaping away like crazy.. then this morning when i get up, refilled my cart - dropped a drop on the atty and nothing.. fresh batteries and all.. do the atomizers just conk out like that or am i just doing something wrong.. thanks for your help!
Malice........Alas your poor atomizer might have just went "Cold" on you!...In other words It Died!( based on the sound of your description!)....You could try the "coke" method to see if it just needs a good cleaning if you can't get to fire back up!...Sorry to hear!:(The Wiz!

Txrider

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Hi! had a question about the atomizer.. my 401 was working fine last night.. vaping away like crazy.. then this morning when i get up, refilled my cart - dropped a drop on the atty and nothing.. fresh batteries and all.. do the atomizers just conk out like that or am i just doing something wrong.. thanks for your help!

I've noticed a couple of things that do that to me.

First is too much liquid and some got into the battery and the switch gets stuck, I just blow it out good through the little holes on the end of the battery, or I have blown it out with butane as well. Symptoms are the LED doesn't come on when you take a drag.

Second the underside of the atomizer has gotten a little buildup on it, that wasn't letting the battery make good contact, I just wiped it out with a piece of cloth. When it does this the LED may not come on, or it might come on but not much vapor or flash a bit on and off.

As well sometimes if the battery just isn't screwed on tight at all.

I though I lost an atomozer 3-4 times so far, but it's always been one of those things.

Sumratio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2009
Pittsburgh
If you have a volt/ohm meter or even just a continuity meter you can test out cold atties. If is good you should read like 3 Ohms of resistance by placing one lead on the center (by hole) and the other on the outside threaded area. A dead atomizer is just like a burnt light bulb where the filment is separated or broken. In a cold atty's case the coil is broken and an Ohm meter will just read OL, which just means the resistance is so high it can not be read by the meter. The led WILL still light if the atty is dead, it is completely independant from the atomizer. Blow on a battery with no atomizer and you'll get the same result. If the led does not light up it probably is flooded from dripping. I have been trying to resurrect my last 401 passthrough by blowing it out with no luck and I know that is what happened to it.

markule

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Iowa, USA
My first dead atomizer went this way. Was working fine in the car, got into the hotel and nothing. Multimeter said no continuity. Took it apart and the coil had separated from the wire for power on one side. It was way crusted with black stuff and a couple of threads on here indicate that the crud may expand and pull the connection sometimes, which is what it looked like to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread