Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
I'll wait to I can see it, smell it, taste it...

then i'll buy one

That was my original plan, but seeing how you can cancel at anytime with 101vape, I went ahead and pre-ordered. I'm really happy to find out that there will be no seam across the juice well, at least according to the actual pictures, and info elev8 is providing. :toast:

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
Just ordered a black no logo. Got dam& this forum, hahaha. I need this chip in my life. Does it matter if the 18650 is button top or flat top?

Congrats, and I know how you feel. I haven't heard any mention whether button tops or flat both work, I'm sure we'll find out more info soon. I would hope both would work, I'm sure most people are going to want to use vtc5's.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Congrats, and I know how you feel. I haven't heard any mention whether button tops or flat both work, I'm sure we'll find out more info soon. I would hope both would work, I'm sure most people are going to want to use vtc5's.

I hope both work as well. I have an AW button top and an Efest flat top so I guess I'll let you guys know unless someone knows.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
Got a red one in the first run at 101. Hoping to pickup a red zombie skin from vaporskinz but sold out :(

I wouldn't suggest anyone order any skins just yet, unless you plan on cutting. According to the specs, the dimensions are different from the Original Hana.

Original Hana:

LENGTH: 1.94"
WIDTH: 1"
HEIGHT: 3.43"

Clone:

LENGTH: 2.1"
HEIGHT: 3.1"

dylanlg2

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
My-PC
I wouldn't suggest anyone order any skins just yet, unless you plan on cutting. According to the specs, the dimensions are different from the Original Hana.

Original Hana:

LENGTH: 1.94"
HEIGHT: 3.43"

Clone:

LENGTH: 2.1"
HEIGHT: 3.1"

Thanks for the heads up. depending on how much of a gap there is I might still pick one up lol. atleast that way I could take a picture and let you guys know how it is

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
So you think ........ just took a picture of a real dna and put it next to those non-logo clone boxes? How the hell can we trust anyone when we know one of them is a liar... illvapes says the nologo isnt 1:1, ........ seems to say otherwise about the chip;

I have a strong feeling that illvapes is just trying to rid their stock of the logo clone by promoting their online sales... since they are now finding out they can't sell any of the logo ones in store and everyone is jumping on the cheaper, more reviewed one. Getting desperate is never a reason to throw out lies though..

EDIT: honestly I am not sure who to believe because it seems like ........ has high reviews of absolutely everything that people have him advertise.. maybe if i saw one negative review of his then I would start believing a bit more. either way both chips look pretty good my main concern is how good of a soldering job these chinese kids are doing.. not whether the chip is a 1:1 clone.

I don't think there's anything devious going on as far as Vapor Joe is concerned - the Chinese supplier could have sent a clone box out with a real chip to generate a good review, these boxes may come with a genuine DNA. It's a genuine board in the photo, it has the C&K tactile with the very specific coloring - it's French made and not the sort of thing the cloners would bother with.

Also, why would the cloners totally change the board like they have - it's a different arrangement which would normally denote a completely different device.

The clone also appears to be missing an IC chip.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Got a red one in the first run at 101. Hoping to pickup a red zombie skin from vaporskinz but sold out :(

Nice, red will look good too. Got a topper in mind?

Orange from 101vapes.

My 2nd choice. Might have to get one just because I have a thing for orange.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
I don't think there's anything devious going on as far as Vapor Joe is concerned - the Chinese supplier could have sent a clone box out with a real chip to generate a good review, these boxes may come with a genuine DNA. It's a genuine board in the photo, it has the C&K tactile with the very specific coloring - it's French made and not the sort of thing the cloners would bother with.

Also, why would the cloners totally change the board like they have - it's a different arrangement which would normally denote a completely different device.

The clone also appears to be missing an IC chip.

I agree with the bold. I responded to this post on page 6, post 56. I don't think Vapor Joe actually has the device in hand. I believe he was allowed to use the pictures that were sent to elev8vape from the manufacturer. This is what it says on elev8's site:
"**UPDATE 4/15/14 @ 4:29AM EST: ELEV8 HAS WORKED REALLY HARD TO GET OUR CUSTOMERS THE REAL PICTURES. AND GUESS WHAT? WE DID IT! THE 510 CONNECTION HAS NO SPLIT WHICH MEANS NO LEAKS!!!!!**

Vapor Joes post at the bottom says "Thank you to elev8vape.com". That's why I'm assuming the pictures were borrowed. Elev8vapes didn't post the picture of the chip on their site though, but it looks like the picture was taken in the same place. Maybe Elev8 didn't post the chip because they realized it was an actual dna chip, and they didn't want it to backfire if indeed that wasn't the case when they receive their order. Smart move in my opinion.

As far as what chip will actually be used, I have no idea, but I would be extremely surprised if these came with real dna chips. I hope I'm wrong though.

Fathomrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Costa Mesa ca
So after some digging, its seems the no logo clone that vapor joe reviewed is the cloupor version and the logo'd one is from a 'mrs wang' on alibaba.. I seriously doubt illvapes has any real knowledge about which clone is 1:1 or which clone is better.. it seems they are just trying to clear stock of the one they paid more for (probably didn't expect a cheaper clone to come out and ordered too many of the more expensive one that they cannot sell in store)

also if i had to put money down id bet vapor joe did indeed post a picture of the clone chip he received in his nologo hana clones. the question is, did he really get them from elev8? I doubt that since I don't think elev8 even has their shipment in.. ofcoures they could have ordered a sample or two and sent it out to be reviewed so they can increase sales.. I wouldn't think they'd really need to make a bogus review to increase sales considering these clones are going like hot cakes im sure their pre order will fill up within a few days.

Ok so my order has been reinstated with elev8vape after the manager emailed me and assured me it will be a one to one clone without the logo. So I have just cancelled my order with illvapes lol what a day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread