The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Fathomrock, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jackrussel

jackrussel Senior Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Toronto
    I bought the 18500 version from fasttech and I am seeing similar behavior. I think poor quality wiring/bad ground might be the culprit. Clone was putting out 8 watts when set to 15. My provari had no problem reaching 15 watts with the same (50% charged) battery. Full battery max actual output was 22 watts, 50% battery could only muster 8 watts. I had planned to replace the board with a DNA40 anyway and stick the clone board in a $5 Elev8 enclosure.

2. nelsonm64

nelsonm64 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    some Chinese chips are like that. whatever chip is in my amod ZNA clone does the exact same thing. I swap it out at 50% :(

3. silversmok

silversmok Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    I have used my vtc5, vtc4 and a samsung 25r all with the same results. It sucks as it's good for the first 5-10 minutes @ 25 watts then it doesn't have the power to fire my atlantis and I have to suck on it like a fiend to get anything. It seems like it goes down to 5 watts and stays there until it's fully recharged. Ah it sucks as it never did this for the first 2 months that I had it and now it is. I need a new 30 watt device then but don't wanna spend more then $200 for the dna40 bahumba!

4. KTMRider

KTMRider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    Vaporshark DNA 30 $99.99. Code: HOHOHO for 10% off. $90 for an authentic Evolv DNA 30 device.

5. dwcraig1

dwcraig1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I paid darn near that much for my first Cana 30....LOL.....sounds like a deal

6. KTMRider

Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    Within a few months, it went from $169 to $119 to $99. I couldn't resist when it went below $100 so I picked one up last weekend. It's definitely worth it. A perfect compliment to my rDNA 40.

7. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Too easy to just pop a DNA 30 or 40 in a cana box for me to spend what Vaporshark is asking , some places are already selling cana enclosures with an authentic DNA 40 for around $100.00

8. KTMRider

Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    It's all about the value you perceive. The VS devices are well made and I like them a lot better than the cana boxes I have. They're smaller and feel better, IMO. There's no hot glue inside and they have all the features I was looking for in a box mod. I have 5 extra hana clone boxes I plan on installing DNA 40's into but I love the rDNA 40 so much that I'm in no rush to do them. I think the ergonomics and features of the box is almost as important as the chip so the added cost of the VS boxes is worth it to me.

9. silversmok

silversmok Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks, I will check it out as thats a great price.

Where can I find something like this? I'd take it no questions asked!

10. cobalt327

cobalt327 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2012
    USA
    So would a lot of people. Thing is, is it really an authentic DNA 40 board? Maybe there are other deals besides this one, I dunno. They started out cheaper, I recall seeing this deal for $80.00 at one time, Another mention of this: http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2n8p6s/authentic_dna_40_in_a_cana_housing_100_preorder/

11. ukeman

ukeman PV Masher Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Just a headz up about the HanaModzDNA40 which is a pretty much straight out counterfeit that shows EVOLV DNA when you wake it.

These came out pre-order same day as the authentics but took a long time to be sent out...
    I have 2 authentic DNA40 devices but ordered this thinking at least its a clone of the DNA40 with TP... use it as a back up.

Finally got it early this week. Total disappointment.
    The only thing near to TP is a "TOO HOT" message that comes up when chain vaping.
    LOLZZZZ serves me right I guess...

I know there is an ANA DNA40 clone out now that does do TP... (alibaba smocare ana mod) but I got this one from Evkoo in China.

12. ktez71

ktez71 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2014
    WI
    I ordered one and it will be here tomorrow...I will let you know how it is!

Sent from my iP

13. ktez71

Oct 29, 2014
    WI
    Nelson, I just got my Hana 50w mini from Fastech today and so far it's working great! Nice features, good size....I'll let you know how it is after a week or so :)

Sent from my iP

14. nelsonm64

Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    I've had my hana 50w mini for over a week now and it's been great. it works how you would expect :) only issues was it came with a fake AW 18490, popped it out and put a purple efest 18500 in it until I mod an 18650 in.

15. KTMRider

Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    Do they have a delay to fire from sleep?

16. nelsonm64

Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    yes, but only 1 second. not bad but, I still would prefer to have NO delay ;)

17. KTMRider

Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    My 30w mini has a 1 sec delay too.

18. ktez71

Oct 29, 2014
    WI
    Mine has the non-removable battery, and I don't mind that but the battery life sucks! That's the only thing I don't like about it though, otherwise it's working great so far.

Sent from my iP

19. KTMRider

Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    Looks like mine will get no delay. And a bump to 40w. And temp control. And step down. And reverse polarity protection.

:D

20. nelsonm64

Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    i'm thinking I might do that down the road. the DNA40 chip should mod in fairly easy :) but, i'll let you do your's first ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.