Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrussel

Jul 21, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys, I notice my clone gets weaker unless it has a 100% charge. So at 100% charge it works good but after puffing for 30 minutes, I notice the power drops off and the vapor isn't the same at all and it's totally unusable by 50% battery left @ 25 watts ..... Is this normal or whats going on? It's not a mech mod so I don't get it.

I bought the 18500 version from fasttech and I am seeing similar behavior. I think poor quality wiring/bad ground might be the culprit. Clone was putting out 8 watts when set to 15. My provari had no problem reaching 15 watts with the same (50% charged) battery. Full battery max actual output was 22 watts, 50% battery could only muster 8 watts. I had planned to replace the board with a DNA40 anyway and stick the clone board in a $5 Elev8 enclosure.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Hey guys, I notice my clone gets weaker unless it has a 100% charge. So at 100% charge it works good but after puffing for 30 minutes, I notice the power drops off and the vapor isn't the same at all and it's totally unusable by 50% battery left @ 25 watts ..... Is this normal or whats going on? It's not a mech mod so I don't get it.

some Chinese chips are like that. whatever chip is in my amod ZNA clone does the exact same thing. I swap it out at 50% :(

silversmok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I have used my vtc5, vtc4 and a samsung 25r all with the same results. It sucks as it's good for the first 5-10 minutes @ 25 watts then it doesn't have the power to fire my atlantis and I have to suck on it like a fiend to get anything. It seems like it goes down to 5 watts and stays there until it's fully recharged. Ah it sucks as it never did this for the first 2 months that I had it and now it is. I need a new 30 watt device then but don't wanna spend more then $200 for the dna40 bahumba!

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I have used my vtc5, vtc4 and a samsung 25r all with the same results. It sucks as it's good for the first 5-10 minutes @ 25 watts then it doesn't have the power to fire my atlantis and I have to suck on it like a fiend to get anything. It seems like it goes down to 5 watts and stays there until it's fully recharged. Ah it sucks as it never did this for the first 2 months that I had it and now it is. I need a new 30 watt device then but don't wanna spend more then $200 for the dna40 bahumba!

Vaporshark DNA 30 $99.99. Code: HOHOHO for 10% off. $90 for an authentic Evolv DNA 30 device.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I paid darn near that much for my first Cana 30....LOL.....sounds like a deal

Within a few months, it went from $169 to $119 to $99. I couldn't resist when it went below $100 so I picked one up last weekend. It's definitely worth it. A perfect compliment to my rDNA 40.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Too easy to just pop a DNA 30 or 40 in a cana box for me to spend what Vaporshark is asking , some places are already selling cana enclosures with an authentic DNA 40 for around $100.00

It's all about the value you perceive. The VS devices are well made and I like them a lot better than the cana boxes I have. They're smaller and feel better, IMO. There's no hot glue inside and they have all the features I was looking for in a box mod. I have 5 extra hana clone boxes I plan on installing DNA 40's into but I love the rDNA 40 so much that I'm in no rush to do them. I think the ergonomics and features of the box is almost as important as the chip so the added cost of the VS boxes is worth it to me.

silversmok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Vaporshark DNA 30 $99.99. Code: HOHOHO for 10% off. $90 for an authentic Evolv DNA 30 device.

Thanks, I will check it out as thats a great price.

Too easy to just pop a DNA 30 or 40 in a cana box for me to spend what Vaporshark is asking , some places are already selling cana enclosures with an authentic DNA 40 for around $100.00
Where can I find something like this? I'd take it no questions asked!

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA

Where can I find something like this? I'd take it no questions asked!
So would a lot of people. Thing is, is it really an authentic DNA 40 board? Maybe there are other deals besides this one, I dunno. They started out cheaper, I recall seeing this deal for $80.00 at one time, Another mention of this: http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...hentic_dna_40_in_a_cana_housing_100_preorder/

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Just a headz up about the HanaModzDNA40 which is a pretty much straight out counterfeit that shows EVOLV DNA when you wake it.

These came out pre-order same day as the authentics but took a long time to be sent out...
I have 2 authentic DNA40 devices but ordered this thinking at least its a clone of the DNA40 with TP... use it as a back up.

Finally got it early this week. Total disappointment.
The only thing near to TP is a "TOO HOT" message that comes up when chain vaping.
LOLZZZZ serves me right I guess...

I know there is an ANA DNA40 clone out now that does do TP... (alibaba smocare ana mod) but I got this one from Evkoo in China.

ktez71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
WI
hey all, too many pages to go through so, has anyone gotten the hana 50w mini from FT? I ordered the one with no logo and adjustable 510 pin. theres been a couple brief reviews on FT that sound promising :)

I ordered one and it will be here tomorrow...I will let you know how it is!

Sent from my iP

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Nelson, I just got my Hana 50w mini from Fastech today and so far it's working great! Nice features, good size....I'll let you know how it is after a week or so :)

Sent from my iP

I've had my hana 50w mini for over a week now and it's been great. it works how you would expect :) only issues was it came with a fake AW 18490, popped it out and put a purple efest 18500 in it until I mod an 18650 in.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Nelson, I just got my Hana 50w mini from Fastech today and so far it's working great! Nice features, good size....I'll let you know how it is after a week or so :)

Sent from my iP

I've had my hana 50w mini for over a week now and it's been great. it works how you would expect :) only issues was it came with a fake AW 18490, popped it out and put a purple efest 18500 in it until I mod an 18650 in.

Do they have a delay to fire from sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread