Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I agree with the bold. I responded to this post on page 6, post 56. I don't think Vapor Joe actually has the device in hand. I believe he was allowed to use the pictures that were sent to elev8vape from the manufacturer. This is what it says on elev8's site:
"**UPDATE 4/15/14 @ 4:29AM EST: ELEV8 HAS WORKED REALLY HARD TO GET OUR CUSTOMERS THE REAL PICTURES. AND GUESS WHAT? WE DID IT! THE 510 CONNECTION HAS NO SPLIT WHICH MEANS NO LEAKS!!!!!**

Vapor Joes post at the bottom says "Thank you to elev8vape.com". That's why I'm assuming the pictures were borrowed. Elev8vapes didn't post the picture of the chip on their site though, but it looks like the picture was taken in the same place. Maybe Elev8 didn't post the chip because they realized it was an actual dna chip, and they didn't want it to backfire if indeed that wasn't the case when they receive their order. Smart move in my opinion.

As far as what chip will actually be used, I have no idea, but I would be extremely surprised if these came with real dna chips. I hope I'm wrong though.

I looked at those photos again on Vapor Joe's - looks to me like elev8vape got a bunch of empty boxes as samples of the Hana box itself.

Fegbri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
Berlin, NJ
Getting really excited, or should I say cautiously optimistic!! If this works good with pretty good quality, it will be the best $70 spent EVER!!! The blue in those pictures looks so vibrant!! Glad I got blue now!

Now I am searching for the sticker I'm going to place where the logo is missing. It will be truly a custom one just for me!
Do you think a only sticker would work best? Any other suggestions?

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
I looked at those photos again on Vapor Joe's - looks to me like elev8vape got a bunch of empty boxes as samples of the Hana box itself.

I believe all elev8 received were pictures sent from the manufacturer, which I think is great. Seems a lot better than pictures of authentic Hana Modz with the logos photoshopped out. I have been looking for pictures of the actual item since I heard about the clones. Even if it is just pictures of the boxes, it answered one of my main questions about the seam possibly running along the juice well. Just hoping the chips will preform close to the dna chips.

Take this all with a grain of salt though, as I'm just speculating.

Cheers

Last edited:

dylanlg2

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
My-PC
Nice, red will look good too. Got a topper in mind?

All I have right now as a topper is an authentic helios with your basic dual micro 10 wraps each ohming out to .7-.8 probably will just throw it into 30w and stress test it as soon as i get it.

I gave all my other rda's away to friends (some of which went back to using protanks and heads -.-)

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
How can they claim 1:1 if the dimensions are different??? I'am already starting to wonder if I did the right thing ordering the 109 dollar onefrm ILLvape.

I was thinking the same thing myself about the dimensions, but I feel like I've been rambling enough. I am glad it's a little shorter though. I would cancel with illvape, and save yourself $40.

I'm hoping eventually there will be a mini version that takes a 18500, as I originally wanted a mini Hana.

dylanlg2

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
My-PC
I was thinking the same thing myself about the dimensions, but I feel like I've been rambling enough. I am glad it's a little shorter though. I would cancel with illvape, and save yourself $40.

I'm hoping eventually there will be a mini version that takes a 18500, as I originally wanted a mini Hana.

Yea and I wish the mini hana came 18500 ready I would have picked it up in a heartbeat.

lot17ss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Columbus,Ohio Usa

There are so many rumors out there and the vendor I bought it from offers both now. Hard to tell right now which one will bring the better device. One thing I am concerned about also is if these so called clones are dc to dc or if they are Pulse width modulated. I just am concerned since the new releases if the pictures of thier so called dna 30 clone.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
There are so many rumors out there and the vendor I bought it from offers both now. Hard to tell right now which one will bring the better device. One thing I am concerned about also is if these so called clones are dc to dc or if they are Pulse width modulated. I just am concerned since the new releases if the pictures of thier so called dna 30 clone.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the only difference is the logo. They have the same exact specs. I think they saw the other vendors pop up with much better pricing, and are trying to avoid cancelations of the initial pre-orders at the higher price.

I'm really hoping the chip will be good and will compare to the sx200 with a nice flat signal. Hopefully we will find out more before they're shipped so we have the option to cancel if it's not what we are expecting.

lot17ss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Columbus,Ohio Usa
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the only difference is the logo. They have the same exact specs. I think they saw the other vendors pop up with much better pricing, and are trying to avoid cancelations of the initial pre-orders at the higher price.

I'm really hoping the chip will be good and will compare to the sx200 with a nice flat signal. Hopefully we will find out more before they're shipped so we have the option to cancel if it's not what we are expecting.

Agreed. We shall see which is the better device.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
All I have right now as a topper is an authentic helios with your basic dual micro 10 wraps each ohming out to .7-.8 probably will just throw it into 30w and stress test it as soon as i get it.

I gave all my other rda's away to friends (some of which went back to using protanks and heads -.-)

Good call. Might as well give it a good go out of the box. I actually have the Helios clone and love the split center post. I have a patriot too. Anyone know the diameter of the "dish" surrounding the 510 connection? I'm guessing 22mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread