Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I noticed theres actually a couple of the clones that look to be really high quality, even made in 316L. Will give it a shot since I originally didnt plan to try the KF4.

The 2 new ones that showed up today has red o-rings and some think that's a red flag (get it? :lol:) of a bad clone. The one I ordered is supposed to come with spares even though it's not pictured. Sufie posted that they'll put up pics when they get it in a couple of days.

I'm interested to read up on how these things will perform. Clone debates aside, the V4 will be a testament to how good/bad their workmanship is.

Me too. I wasn't too impressed with the $180 price tag on the original and the reviews ranging from about the same as a KFL+ to worlds better didn't motivate me enough to get one. For $24, I'm willing to try it out.

I'm glad I tried a Erlkonigin clone because I absolutely hate it and would've been pretty ...... if I paid $160 for the authentic. If I like the K4 clone as much as I love my KFL+'s, I'll buy an authentic.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
I am in the right thread, because here is my situation. Basically I am suffering from ADD need stuff now syndrome. Just dropped some heavy coin on a new P3 and a bunch of batteries, and I wanted a K4 to go with it, but they are out of stock every where forever probably. Figured I'd grab a Veritas RDA to play with until then, but that thing is $120.00. So, K4 + Veritas (originals) for $300, OR K4 + Veritas (clones) for $50. I've never been a cheap skate clone guy, but this is just...ridiculous. The price difference is insane and very tempting. $300 for two atties makes me feel sick. $50 sounds way better. If they are crappy, i'll buy originals though. Any K4 clone reviews out yet?

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
I gotta laugh when people say the KF4 is too complicated for China to clone. While I do like supporting modders, I know shortly people will see the cloners will have no issue with the Kayfun 4.
A lot of pieces doesnt = crazy complicated mass precision device. The chinese clone watches that are near indistinguishable from their $20,000+ counterparts for $500-700, an atomizer isnt exactly a feat of engineering for them, regardless of being 41 parts =P
Will there be bad clones of it? Of course. The vaping clone industry has done nothing but improve in quality (and not from ability, but from consumer demand) and people will see that with this atty in a matter of a week or two when people start getting them in their hands.

Reactions: rangerrobin

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I have a feeling that the Kayfun 4 clones are going to be bad news. All those tiny pieces and multiple rotating parts translates to more problems IMO (I bet this is one reason why Sveo Mesto made the Kayfun 4 this way).

I'm not too optimistic about the clone either. I ordered one more out of curiosity than anything else. I think it's worth it for the price.

I am in the right thread, because here is my situation. Basically I am suffering from ADD need stuff now syndrome. Just dropped some heavy coin on a new P3 and a bunch of batteries, and I wanted a K4 to go with it, but they are out of stock every where forever probably. Figured I'd grab a Veritas RDA to play with until then, but that thing is $120.00. So, K4 + Veritas (originals) for $300, OR K4 + Veritas (clones) for $50. I've never been a cheap skate clone guy, but this is just...ridiculous. The price difference is insane and very tempting. $300 for two atties makes me feel sick. $50 sounds way better. If they are crappy, i'll buy originals though. Any K4 clone reviews out yet?

They just came in stock today at FT. That's the only place I know that has them in stock so I don't think there's any reviews yet. Might be a couple of weeks. I've also read EHPro and Infinite will be coming out with clones so if you want a reliable one, those would be the ones to get, IMO. FT won't disclose the manufacturer of the ones they're carrying.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
I gotta laugh when people say the KF4 is too complicated for China to clone. While I do like supporting modders, I know shortly people will see the cloners will have no issue with the Kayfun 4.
A lot of pieces doesnt = crazy complicated mass precision device. The chinese clone watches that are near indistinguishable from their $20,000+ counterparts for $500-700, an atomizer isnt exactly a feat of engineering for them, regardless of being 41 parts =P
Will there be bad clones of it? Of course. The vaping clone industry has done nothing but improve in quality (and not from ability, but from consumer demand) and people will see that with this atty in a matter of a week or two when people start getting them in their hands.

The cloning isn't the issue. The equipment making it is, the materials, and the QC. The Squape R is a pretty involved atty, just read up on those clones and you'll see the train wreck. I do think people will get good units, but I also think it will be a while for good ones to be available and it will still be a roll of the dice if you receive a good one. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA

If you just want a nice new atty, look into the 35 dollar FT "Oem" aqua v2. A lot of drama on it, but read and judge for yourself. Personally, I think it's an unauthorized original.

pls0138

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey

I'm sure that there are clone companies out there who could manufacture a unit that rivals the authentic, I guess the real question is how much the good clones will cost. You can get a decent clone like an Ehpro V2+ for around $40, which is significantly cheaper than the authentic counterpart. I'm assuming that more pieces means a longer/more expensive manufacturing process and thus a higher price, but I could be wrong. If a decent clone is more expensive that decent clones of the past (making the difference in price compared to the authentic smaller), then maybe more people would be willing to spend the extra cash on an authentic.

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
I'm sure that there are clone companies out there who could manufacture a unit that rivals the authentic, I guess the real question is how much the good clones will cost. You can get a decent clone like an Ehpro V2+ for around $40, which is significantly cheaper than the authentic counterpart. I'm assuming that more pieces means a longer/more expensive manufacturing process and thus a higher price, but I could be wrong. If a decent clone is more expensive that decent clones of the past (making the difference in price compared to the authentic smaller), then maybe more people would be willing to spend the extra cash on an authentic.

these clones have to be made from melted down old radiators or something. If a retailer like FT is selling it for $20 and you assume there is a a 50% markup- $10 from the manufacturer... (who also has to make money) It doesn't compute

The $31 Aqua V2 (1:1, "OEM", "authentic") is testament to how cheap a true high quality atty can cost from China. Made from 316 and quality 100% as good as the authentic, so good people believe the original listing of it being authentic, whether its true or not.
Theyll have no issue doing a high quality KF4 for cheap also.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
The $31 Aqua V2 (1:1, "OEM", "authentic") is testament to how cheap a true high quality atty can cost from China. Made from 316 and quality 100% as good as the authentic, so good people believe the original listing of it being authentic, whether its true or not.
Theyll have no issue doing a high quality KF4 for cheap also.

Point taken, but that aqua was direct from the Oem supplier, so it's not really that hard to clone something your manuf anyway. I think the best example is the Kfl v2, ehpro did a great job with it. My squape post still stands though, it was horrible, and I believe a lot of that had to do with the intricate design.

The cloners should get better, just like the originals are getting better, as far as qc goes. It's only a matter of time.

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
I can sbolutely agree the SqR clones were overall a pretty big failure, the Ehpro and some of the later Kingtus being an exception.
No one will be able to say for sure about this until people start getting them in hand. I bought one of the listings that claim 1:1 and 316 so we'll see when it gets here.
My biggest concern for the clones is how well the juice control threads are cut, so depending how much thought the cloners put into it will determine a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread