Attack of the (Kayfun V5) Clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I don't have a SJMY but I have an Angelcigs and SXK. Both are inferior to the Tobecos I have. The AC and SXK both have started leaking at the top cap and installing new o-rings didn't help.

As for wicking, I pack the tails to the back of the channel to leave the 2 front (of 4) juice holes clear and never had an issue.
DJLSB Vapes does a YouTube vid. Comparing the SMJY vs the Original.. 1:1. I've got the org. SM reducer kit in it as well. Fits perfectly.
I think I'll try your method on the next wick. I've usually got them kinda covered.

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
Thanks, their site sux. Cut and paste the orings into their search engine and they aren't at the top, half way down the page. Got it done.
Oh by the way. I had my 10th anniversary for being off of analogs in March, I had a heart attack, triple bypass and a pacemaker installed 3/25/17. :censored:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I noticed something that I haven't before about my Tobecco KF V5's. I recently started using max VG juices so I opend them what is supposed to be max open on the authentic but on the Tobecco it causes it to leak from the bottom around the piece that is hex shaped held in by the 510 screw. I went to 1 1/2 turns and no leaking. I am using a 1X11 Oring on the bottom Oring of the head. Anyone else noticed this?

Reactions: Kenna

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I noticed something that I haven't before about my Tobecco KF V5's. I recently started using max VG juices so I opend them what is supposed to be max open on the authentic but on the Tobecco it causes it to leak from the bottom around the piece that is hex shaped held in by the 510 screw. I went to 1 1/2 turns and no leaking. I am using a 1X11 Oring on the bottom Oring of the head. Anyone else noticed this?
There is a metal band that fits into a grove on the bottom of the build deck on the Tobecco. If you open the juice flow too much that band will expand causing juice flow problems and leaking. If you go too far the tab on that band will slip off its mount point really causing problems (just push it back in the slot). I have the Tobecco and like it a lot. You just have to not over adjust that juice flow. Even with 70% vg I find 2 turn is just right.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
There is a metal band that fits into a grove on the bottom of the build deck on the Tobecco. If you open the juice flow too much that band will expand causing juice flow problems and leaking. If you go too far the tab on that band will slip off its mount point really causing problems (just push it back in the slot). I have the Tobecco and like it a lot. You just have to not over adjust that juice flow. Even with 70% vg I find 2 turn is just right.
Cool I will check that out. I never really noticed that, with 50/50 I was running them about 1 1/4 turns and was just right so maybe I knocked it loose. I was running about 95/5 VG PG. Pretty thick stuff.

esbensen

Jun 3, 2017

Does it look anything like this???
It fell out of my SXK-clone.... and I do not know where it's supposed to be...

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015

I have disassembled my SXK (and other) clones 100% very many times, and never seen anything like that. You're sure it is not a cutoff from one of your builds?

I am 99% sure that thing is not supposed to be there. Once I found a piece of rope in a bag of freeze dried soup. This must be something similiar that has happened at the factory.

esbensen

Jun 3, 2017
I'm sure it fell out of my SXK. I've cleaned it so many times, and never seen anything like it.... It's not a cutoff, 'cause I've only used round wire! This is flat...
I've studied a SJMY-clone and a coppervape-clone, but I'am not able to find anything like it...
That's why I'm searching for anyone who may have seen something like it....

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016

I can't safely take it off to make a photo. It is very thin flat metal which is used as a kind of spring loaded cover for the small portion of the shaft just below the juice intakes. It clamps onto that round shaft and one end slips into a tiny groove in the shaft. That metal and the groove it locks into are almost invisible to my eyes unless you are really looking for it. I had a very difficult time finding the grove that this metal , which has a curved tab, fits into.

esbensen

Jun 3, 2017
I can't safely take it off to make a photo. It is very thin flat metal which is used as a kind of spring loaded cover for the small portion of the shaft just below the juice intakes. It clamps onto that round shaft and one end slips into a tiny groove in the shaft. That metal and the groove it locks into are almost invisible to my eyes unless you are really looking for it. I had a very difficult time finding the grove that this metal , which has a curved tab, fits into.

Can you add some arrows to this picture just to point me in the right direction?
2017-06-04 10.46.25.jpg

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Can you add some arrows to this picture just to point me in the right direction?
View attachment 662169
I cannot use arrows I have no idea how to do that. I can easily point you to it since your picture is perfect. If you look in the groove just above the threads that grove is where the flat spring is hiding. It goes around half the circumference. There are probably 2 of these there but I only had one come off so only logic can verify that there must be a second to cover the complete shaft (I am really guessing here it may be just the one). Just look in that groove and you will see it if you look carefully. In my case it had only become partially detached the first time this happened forming sort of a bubble of the metal that somehow obstructed the juice flow. the second time it came completely out and I had a very hard time to get it back on. I have since ordered a replacement deck to replace this (only $5 on Fastech) as I am sure it will happen again.

esbensen

Jun 3, 2017
I cannot use arrows I have no idea how to do that. I can easily point you to it since your picture is perfect. If you look in the groove just above the threads that grove is where the flat spring is hiding. It goes around half the circumference. There are probably 2 of these there but I only had one come off so only logic can verify that there must be a second to cover the complete shaft (I am really guessing here it may be just the one). Just look in that groove and you will see it if you look carefully. In my case it had only become partially detached the first time this happened forming sort of a bubble of the metal that somehow obstructed the juice flow. the second time it came completely out and I had a very hard time to get it back on. I have since ordered a replacement deck to replace this (only $5 on Fastech) as I am sure it will happen again.

Thank you for taking time to explain it, but I cleaned it and lost the little 510-pin and insulator down the drain and the center-pin / airintake broke...
Did look at it with a magnifyinglas but could'nt see any groove in there. So I guess it's just a bag of spares now, as I ordered a new one from 3Fvape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread