Attacked by a swarm of wasps, but saved my ecig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
So we bought a boat this weekend. It's a real fixer upper as it had been sunk at one point. We went today to pull out the marine batteries and explore the interior a bit. My husband said not to go into the v berth, as there was a hornets nest in there, so of course I went in and started poking around.

Next thing I knew I was surround by dozens of angry wasps! We all scrambled off the boat as quick as we could but the evil things targeted me and stung me at least a dozen times. I think it was because of the vaping, I smelled like Irish Creme. So, covered with bees I whipped off my hoodie and RAN as fast as I could, swatting and screaming the whole way. Finally I got them all off me, my husband was only stung twice and the kids only once, but I was covered in welts. My husband hustled us all into the car and was getting set to drive off to the nearest store for benadryl when I realized "crap, my ecig and juice are in that hoodie". Of course DH braved the bee's one more time to retrieve them. He's my hero. Why don't I ever listen??? Why???

Oh here's the boat. Whatcha think? We paid a cool $175 bucks for it and it's in really good shape for being sunk. Needs a LOT of work. First step is to kill all hornets.

glowgirl-albums-diablo-picture8171-fairliner.jpg

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
Yeah I'm a tough girl. I do have some hand sized welts on my hide though. The best part of the whole experience was my son. He got the baby off the boat STAT and then told me to go over. Of course I tried to make him go first but he just stood there with wasps all over him and said "No way, you first". What a gentleman! He totally got stung too. I am so proud!

But hey a boat for $175.00??? How cool is that?? We are pretty stoked. I am sure it will be a insane amount of work to get it usable but the engine is sound, the batteries still work and even the wine glasses in the kitchen survived the sinking. No rotten wood, no cracks in the hull.....

Once it's on the water I am going to have a float and vape partay! Your all invited!

Wow Glow that really sucks ,:confused:are you okay today???

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
Now that you mention it, I was wearing black sweats and a bright yellow hoodie. They must have thought I was a immigrant worker bee breeching their border. Really odd because the kids and my hubby got just one or two little tiny stings and I got huge plate sized welts and a whole bunch of them. I guess I shouldn't have worn bee gang colors.

They did not appreciate your HOODie and wanted to keep the neighbourhood safe.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
Now that you mention it, I was wearing black sweats and a bright yellow hoodie. They must have thought I was a immigrant worker bee breeching their border. Really odd because the kids and my hubby got just one or two little tiny stings and I got huge plate sized welts and a whole bunch of them. I guess I shouldn't have worn bee gang colors.

OUCH!!! I have been stung several times and even one is bad, I could not imagine that many!! Glad you are ok.
ROFLMAO @ bee gang colors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread