Status
Not open for further replies.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
(might have been posted before)

For those of you who have been here for a long time, we know that it's imperative that vapers who use batteries in high current situations need to buy batteries from a KNOWN good supplier, well I thought I would show you why buying from "ebay" or other non vetted locations can be very bad, the battery is one of the MOST crucial aspects of vaping, get a subpar battery or a fake..and well

For beginners or those getting into vaping...I HIGHLY recommend you view and read these AWESOME articles by our very own battery master Baditude!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected-icr.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eeper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-i.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-ii.html

Now...let's say you got those batteries, charged them, popped them into your nice new high dollar vaping rig and took a REAL good long hit? Do you think that teeny battery they stuffed in there and then weighed down to "resemble" a real battery would hold up for any length of time before venting?

In fact go find out yourself, plenty of videos on youtube with these types of tear downs..."youtube liion battery fakes"

I just though you ALL should know, feel free to discuss

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Excellent reminder WarHawk! The influx of the new generation getting into the hobby... or sport, depending on which way you look at it, may not be aware of the scams and the hazards associated with it!
I still don't get why so many will spend good money on the "Perfect" set-up, then try to save money on the most crucial part.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
This may have been better posted in the New Members forum. Not that we don't need reminders here.

This is true... I don't think there is any "Ideal" forum to post this. Many of our newest members only post in the New Members forum only to get the post count they need so they can immediately dart over to the Modders threads and such. I guess we gotta start somewhere.

Thankfully though, there are plenty of seasoned members around to remind the green ones!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
This may have been better posted in the New Members forum. Not that we don't need reminders here.

We old farts can't start new threads in the new member's forum. I suppose he could ask a mod to move it. But newbies can read the general section too.

Good reminder War.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Man! You did a lot of work for us. That's a great thing to do.

I appreciate your willingness to spend your money and time to inform us.

Thank You!!!
Wasn't me, I just knew of this video and though it would be good to share it with everyone, Baditude is the one that did all that research in those excellent writeups

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

Like Atty said, after 70 posts he can't Start a new thread over in that section. :)
If you see someone over there that needs to know this, feel free to drop the link into the thread. ;)

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Disturbing :( glad I drop the 11 bucks on the better batteries. They last a long time and it's 11 bucks.....big deal :rolleyes: I am cheap, but still...skimping on batteries just isn't a good idea.
It's not really the price, well not completely, but getting good batteries from vetted sources is probably the safest bet, and usually the safest might cost more...not always, but I guarantee that $10 for 4 batteries deal is probably a bit shady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread