ATTN: E-Cig/Bloog Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
I bought a Bloog, which was a rebranded E-Cig. These give off a decent amount of vapor, after learning how to double-puff to get around the 3 second time-out on the battery. The throat hit is not very good out of the box, but different nic levels could fix this.

These have the cartridge and atomizer in one. Not a bad deal, if they worked properly. So, what I have done is removed the filler in the cart (VERY CAREFULLY). The batting wraps in between the atty coil and the lead wire, so this is not very easy, and takes a long time.

Ok, once I removed the batting (which does not look like poly, but more like a test paper of some sort), I took a tea bag (from the other threads here - thanks guys!!), cut it into 1/4 inch strips, and pushed it into the cart around the wire (I went around the atmizer coil and the lead wire). I put a couple drops of liquid onto them while doing this, that way it doesn't take as long to wick, and you will not end up with any dry spots.

Once it was done, I replaced the cap, and WOW. Anyone who has one of these and refills them, knows that they become very hard to draw on after a couple of refills (I think this is due to the paper expanding as it is rolled up in there pretty tight). The result is a nice easy draw, with the same good amount of vapor. I packed mine in relatively tight, but will have to see how long until it gets tough to draw on again...

Also, just a note. I have had my bloog for about a month now, and have not had one atty/cart die on me - except for the one I took apart. I bought about 50 carts in the beginning, cuz i was not sure how they would be with refilling, but with the tea bag, refilling is no problem at all. I will try to post some pics to describe better.

John

Kagan

Jun 24, 2009
Maine
I did the teabag method for my 901 'the same way you do it for the 510', (I'm not sure how safe it is but I know most tea bags are basically a kind of paper made from wood pulp and vegetable fibers, BE SURE to cut off the liner since it is made from PVC and polyproyline). I have had it for two days and the polyester fibers that hold the juice started to come apart on my first cart, (these carts are not designed to last long, so you really have to take good care of them and the fibers can burn onto the atomizer if they start to come apart).

So far, the teabag rolley has lasted for two cigs and seems to absorb the liquid well enough...The hits are producing decent amounts of vapor and the atomizer seems to be taking it just fine. I am not sure how well it will hold up, but I will post something about it later when I know more.

Good-luck, :).

vapordad

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Oak Park, IL -- USA
Glad I found this. I have been getting very frustrated in filling my cartomizers (have a red dragon and a KR808D-1. I will try this tomorrow, as I am picking up some tea bags in anticipation of the arrival of my 510. By the way, it seems Lipton Pyramid Tea Bags are the choice. Any step by step yet on the removal of the batting? I have tried a couple of times, but that darn wire is so sensitive, it seems to pull out pretty easily.

Pics would rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread