ATTN. Minnesota residents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Their at it again. please follow the link and make your voice heard.
MN - The Vapor Tax is back!
Please add your personal comments.
Here is what I added.

I am a 60 year old man on a limited income. I quit smoking 3 years ago after a 38 year long smoking habit using vaper products. Before I quit smoking I was diagnosed with persistent chronic bronchitis. I couldn't walk 50 feet with out stopping for breath. This issue besides other health issues was the deciding factor in my decision to quit smoking. Vapor products take all the credit for this.As the result of having quit smoking my lungs are completely clear though other age related health concerns persist and limit my ability to work most jobs. I do not have health insurance as I can't afford it and my wife's income puts us in a bracket where any reasonable government subsidy is unavailable to us. Luckily due to exemptions we are not further penalized from the Federal government. Unfortunately due to severe limitations of income a increase in taxes of this magnitude may force myself and others to going back to cigarettes that are claimed to take the life of 480,000 Americans a year. I am sure you are aware of the Health Englands report that vaping products at the very least 95% safer than smoking and may not even cause any significant harm at all. Why are these reports being ignored. Why are all the many good studies supporting Health Englands conclusions being ignored. Why once again am I a life long resident of Minnesota,a voter and a tax payer being ignored. If tax revenues are needed lets be honest and raise everyone's taxes. I payed more than my fare share in excessive cigarette taxes for 38 years which subsidized those that would probably have outlived me by not smoking at all. Why am I and vapers like me being ostracized,ridiculed,shamed and banned as we were when we smoked? We got the message. Smoking is bad. We quit smoking. For the love of God leave us alone. Not even our opponents really truly believe that vaping is anywhere near the health issue that smoking is if they are aware of the science on both sides.No reasonable person would. Please take a careful look at what you are doing. I am.I am familiar with the issues. The issues cannot be hidden behind hyperbole and rhetorical gibberish as it was in the pre-internet age.
Support vaping products for what they are not, for the revenue stream you want to get from them. I am in complete agreement with every thing in the form letter that my message is attached to.

Regards
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread