ATTN: Screwdriver owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
how close do these look compared to the switches on your devices? They are called SPST momentary switches N/O 1/4". Hopefully anybody who is knowledgeable in electronics will chime in.

Attachments

• 31029F6CRDL._SS500_.jpg
    31029F6CRDL._SS500_.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 47

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Over at www.e-cigreview.com , if you watch Dusty's review of the Screwdriver, he talks about replacing the switch on the one he received and said he bought a pack of 2 for a couple of dollars at Radio Shack. He also said to e-mail him if you needed any info--so if you are looking for a replacment, give him an e-mail over there and I am sure he will help you. Hope that Helps--Sun

how close do these look compared to the switches on your devices? They are called SPST momentary switches N/O 1/4". Hopefully anybody who is knowledgeable in electronics will chime in.

For USB type mods? I've tried what looks the same from Maplins in Brit Push-to-Make Low Cost > Maplin
, but the chunkier square versions seem better able to take the power needed
Square Push-to-Make Switch > Maplin

Could be wrong, but I think it's better to go for the higher spec (more power, Tooltime grunt)

u could try asking me... he he

those look like a batch we tried that turned out to be sh-t... the basic shape is right thow..

the maplin ones look to be the same sh-t.. the maplin square ones will not fit..

send me an email..

trog

ps... Dusty did ask me... he he

Dunno about that Trog - pvc taped mine to the outside of the battery case. If it don't fit, work around it! :)

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
i dont think they do.. two part epoxy putty and heat shrink tubing does a good job.. pvc tape and elastic bands are a bit of a kludge.. he he he..

mind u they dont have a Tandy over here any more..

trog
We stll have radio shack (They arn't what they used to be but they have the switch in question) and we have Fry's Electronics

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
We stll have radio shack (They arn't what they used to be but they have the switch in question) and we have Fry's Electronics

Tandy used to be the UK arm of radio shack.. they disappeared many years ago..

given the current economic climate i think we are gonna lose a few more retail "names" soon..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread