atty connectors, is madvapes the only source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkonrai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
norcal
no that im cheap, i just havent worked in a while. so to whittle the time away im building boxmods for friends.
question, who has 510 atty connectors other than madvapes? i can find everything else i need cheaper, except the atty connectors.
i got ten aa boxes for less than 10 bucks
i got ten flashing leds with resistors for 2 bucks
switches are local, about a 1 each.
now the only piece i need is the attys. 3 bucks a pop for the wired ones, or 2 buck for plain sealed. i know its still reasonable, but i do have limited funds and trying to shave as much as possible for the buddies.
dino

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
That looks like a great vendor, always on the lookout for good ones. I put in a request for 510 modder's connectors. I need some of those and they're way too expensive at MV. I also need short 510-510 adapters, didn't see those at GP. Do they have those? can someone link for me?

V2 510 Shorty Extension
Exact same thing minus the washer/nut. Significantly cheaper than the regular.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Cool, thanks, I need those, don't know why I didn't see them before. What do you use for a nut?

HAHA I think they make it hard to find on purpose, so you will be more likely to buy the $8 version.

I don't worry about the nut. When I need to use it as a connector, I make the hole just big enough to screw the connector in tightly, and epoxy on the backside once everything is set.

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
My first mod was built in a tube with a press fit. The last couple have the connector soldered to the PCB. My next one will use the common method of mounting the connector to a box chassis, ergo, the connectors with the nuts. Anyway, I ordered a couple of those overpriced connectors from MadVapes. One guy said they sent extra in his order. Maybe I'll get lucky on that too.

Robert T

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2010
Lake City, Florida
i just bought 12 from gp, and outside of them being open attys (i just fill them with soldier) cant beat the price!

I've had to replace 4 of those, the insulator doesn't seem as good. Yes I remove the pos. to solder them. The price is right if you don't have to replace them later. I would like to find some sealed ones for less than $1.99 but until I do I think I'll stay with these(from M.V.) Never had to replace one of them.

Robert

dkonrai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
norcal
I've had to replace 4 of those, the insulator doesn't seem as good. Yes I remove the pos. to solder them. The price is right if you don't have to replace them later. I would like to find some sealed ones for less than $1.99 but until I do I think I'll stay with these(from M.V.) Never had to replace one of them.

Robert

did they crap out right away? or was this something that happens down the road? i tested two and they seemed ok???

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I have problems with the threads wearing out on any of the connectors I've used so far. I actually use a shortie 510 extension so I wear those out instead of the mod connector. Problem is, I often like to fill the cartomizers I use from the battery end with a syringe. I can also just drip into the cartomizers without removal and I do that when out. But when at home, I like to fill them from the battery end. The frequent removing and replacing wears out the threads. What I'd really like to find is a hard steel atty connector plated with a solderable metal. That way, it's solderable, but won't wear out.

dkonrai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
norcal
craig,
my plan was to fill the atty, with a little jbweld? or hot glue? thought that might help with the wiring or any liquid that leak out?
as for the threads wearing out, im a dripper so i probably will clean the atty every few days or so. i then rotate another atty. its too bad the material is so fricken thin aluminum. i can see how the threads would wear. the only way would be to have some machined out of stainless? i also thought of using a atty thread adapter?
just some thoughts
dino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread