Atty Meltdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbonie

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Jackson,Ms (da DEEP Sout!)
HELP ME!!!! Seems all my atty's decided to meltdown this weekend! Went from 4/5 working atty's to 2 . One is obviously on it's last legs. Have a parts box with 8/10 busted ducks in it.Can these be rebuilt? Is there any alternative device to "mod" an atty???
Like Jerry Clower said " Just shoot in here amongst us, ONE of us needs relief!!"

Using a 401 'cause I like the exposed atty style,( I "dip" not drip the atty).
Suggestions???

:shock::shock:8-o:confused:

rbonie

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Jackson,Ms (da DEEP Sout!)
You can rebuild them, I have all the materials to do this shipping to me right now. I haven't done it yet, But I got all my atty's dismantled waiting to be rebuilt. you just need nichrome wire, silver solder, core wicking, and some tools and some time.
McMaster-Carr
Nichrome Wire

Jason
How do you get these litlle bastiges dismanteld???:shock:
Have a wad of 401's

Jason365

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
ATX
How do you get these litlle bastiges dismanteld???:shock:
Have a wad of 401's

This is my experience from a 510 atty it may be different for you
I used a battery connector from an old mod, screw the atty to that. Hold the batt connector with some pliers, heat the outside of the atty with a lighter by the threads where the connector is pressed into the atty tube. Grab the tube with a wrapped up paper towel as to not get burned. Then bend and twist and pull till it comes apart. not hard at all. The wires inside that atty are very short you may break them but it does not matter if your going to rebuild it. Once you have the bottom off the atty, Use a small flathead screwdriver to push on the metal ring that surrounds the metal atty wicking stuff. it should just push out with out much trouble. carfully unwrap the metal wick from around the atty and remember where the pieces went so you can put it back the same way if you rebuild it.

Jason

This is my experience from a 510 atty it may be different for you
I used a battery connector from an old mod, screw the atty to that. Hold the batt connector with some pliers, heat the outside of the atty with a lighter by the threads where the connector is pressed into the atty tube. Grab the tube with a wrapped up paper towel as to not get burned. Then bend and twist and pull till it comes apart. not hard at all. The wires inside that atty are very short you may break them but it does not matter if your going to rebuild it. Once you have the bottom off the atty, Use a small flathead screwdriver to push on the metal ring that surrounds the metal atty wicking stuff. it should just push out with out much trouble. carfully unwrap the metal wick from around the atty and remember where the pieces went so you can put it back the same way if you rebuild it.

Jason

Jason,
Let me know how your rebuild goes once you get you supplies...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread