Atty placement on REO 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
Been watching a lot of squonk mod reviews and not one reviewer has mentioned positioning atty so your air holes are in the right positions for the use of a thumb or finger to fire your mod, I fire mine with the thumb. Reo’s 510 has an adjustable pin that allows for this. Years ago I watched a video made by (Super_X_Drifter) Russ showing how to do this.

I have been investigating a regulated squonk mod with a floating 510, can I still position my atty to get a similar placement with a floating 510 centre pin.

Also do others position the atty’s on their own Reo’s.

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
I’m pretty picky about where the air holes line up. I bought some atty mod guards from kidney puncher KP Mod Guard 5 Pack- Various Sizes
If the air holes still don’t line up, I lay a piece of fine grit sandpaper on a flat surface and thin out the atty guard until things line up the way I want them too. Fast tech sells them in white also.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Right now I use the Origen 16, but if I were to choose an atty with top air would the position of the atty be as crucial.

Also if I were to use an o-ring under the O-16 would that help, I might be able to turn the atty further by squeezing the ring down.
Not so much with top air atties. The chief benefits of the air hole placement is to avoid spills and/or physical obstruction. Top air usually renders these concerns moot for typical vaping.

Also, I've had very little issue with higher side air holes or channelled side air (eg narda).

Spacers will help provided a good connection is still possible (which is should be the case with anything in and around 1 mm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread