Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I agree with LGD. Let this one pass you by. There are a number of ECF vendors with whom you can get a comparable or better deal for a starter kit that comes with 2 batteries, known thread types, and much faster shipping.

The fact that the deal says that's it's a $1500 value is your first clue that there's a scam involved somewhere. Your link no longer goes to the deal, but I'd check the fine print carefully. It's highly unlikely that any battery will last 5 years, and it sounds like you would get locked into a contract that requires you to wait 6-8 weeks every time you run low on refills. this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/65772-do-not-order-free-trials.html might be of some help to you .

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Thanks CES... Exactly what I was looking for, I was just tying up some loose ends elsewhere, and didn't expect such a quick response :)

Cool feature I may implement again in the near future, I just copied the post you just made and merged it to that thread just by checking a couple of boxes,, This may be helpful in the future if any ATV threads need revisiting.

Again thanks for your participation and contributions to the ATV sub-forum

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
It's not a good deal at all, in my opinion.

It's a 3 piece mini kit consisting of a battery (with charger), atomizer, and a cartridge. I suspect these are proprietary and not compatible with widely available 510 and KR808D-1 products. "Life-Time Refills (10 pack per order) are free, just pay processing & handling of $7.95" is not a good value at all for 10 prefilled cartridges. And what's their guarantee that this company will be around next year or five years from now to continue to provide these "free" refills? What about when you charger, battery, or atomizer eventually fail, which they ALL do? Even though they claim to offer a five year warranty, I'd wager they'd find a way to make you pay for replacements with more exorbitant process & handling fees.

You'd be better off buying a 510 or KR808D-1 auto kit with blank cartomizers (cartos). Cartomizers are much more preferable to cartridges and are widely available and affordable. Horizontal and vertical coil variations are available for both 510 and KR808D-1 batteries. Stick with standard resistance cartos since low resistance cartos tend to stress mini batteries and reduce their useful lifespan. Cartomizers offer better juice capacity, more consistent performance, and are less messy. You'd also need to fill the cartomizers with separately purchased e-liquid, but you'll spend much less money in the long run and have a much better performing e-cig for your wife. Plus, she'd be able to try dozens of different flavors instead of being limited to their tobacco, menthol, vanilla, java, and cherry, none of which have any nicotine. (I understand obtaining nic juice in Canada presents its own challenges)

Let this "deal" pass you by and keep shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread