Augvape Druga Narada and RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharksandwich

May 13, 2013
Detroit
I searched the forum, and didn't find any posts about this device, so I figured I'd start a new thread in the hope someone here might have some input.

I've tried a lot of RTAs over the past few years, but I haven't found anything that beats the Kayfun V5 mini I have on a old beat up Vaporesso Revenger X. The pair work great and have been invincible, but I am not entirely satisfied with the setup for two reasons. First, it's pretty large and bulky, and second, the mod is pretty rough and doesn't look good or feel very nice in the hand anymore. I tried a couple pod mods a while back- the Aspire Sprite and Breeze 2, but was unhappy with the atomizer spitting and having a short life. I liked the small form factor, and thought with nicer build quality and the ability to use my own coils and wicking it would be just what I was looking for.

I looked at what was new on the market a couple days ago and found what I wanted now seems to be available. I found the Smoant Pasito, smok Fetch, and eventually the Druga Narada. All three seem like nice devices but the Narada stands out to me because of the design. The Narada has an unregulated output, which is fine with me, and doesn't have a screen, which I like. It fast charges with USB-C and fully encloses the pod inside the metal frame which I think are great features. What seals the deal for me is the RBA build deck, which looks a lot like the one on my Kayfun, and the tank capacity is almost the same as well. So it seems like this little guy is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd really appreciate if anyone here with experience with this device, or the Fetch, Pasito, or any other RBA Pod has any insights to share before I make this purchase. Maybe there's something available or coming out soon that would be an even better option? Maybe there are concerns with the Narada? I'm not familiar with much of what's new in the past couple years so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
My preference is rebuildable attys and mods with replaceable batteries. If you go this route, highly recommend the Aegis Solo. My preferred atty remained the Kayfun V5 until this week when I received a Kayfun V5.2 monster. Wow! Of course, not a mod kit, but other options to consideration. GL

sharksandwich

May 13, 2013
Detroit
Thanks for the suggestions. I still love the performance of my current setup and won't be retiring it in the foreseeable future. I just want something very compact to use on the go, but it would need to have similar performance to my current setup to be worthwhile.

I've never been a fan of fixed battery mods either, however I am willing to go that route for the sake of having a very compact vape if there are few compromises otherwise.

I'm glad your new Kayfun is working out for you, they never seem to disappoint!

Reactions: stols001

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Check out a review on Aegis Solo (this is the one that sold me). Single 18650, easy grip form, waterproof, dustproof, shockproof up to 3 meters, great battery-life, and solid TC. $35 for a stellar mod. And search around on site; think somebody else just posted pod review

And yeah, could have saved money on a lot of attys if I'd only tried the KF 5.2 when it released.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I use an IPV mini V3 kit for out and about. It doesn’t have rebuildable coils, although a few members have made one with success. It’s a great little device and has .3 or 1.0 ohm attys for it. They just come out with the
Vsticking VKsma Auto Squonk TC Kit
Which is similar but has a rebuildable atty option included.

Reactions: sharksandwich

sharksandwich

May 13, 2013
Detroit
Check out a review on Aegis Solo (this is the one that sold me). Single 18650, easy grip form, waterproof, dustproof, shockproof up to 3 meters, great battery-life, and solid TC. $35 for a stellar mod. And search around on site; think somebody else just posted pod review

And yeah, could have saved money on a lot of attys if I'd only tried the KF 5.2 when it released.

I bought a bunch of other RTAs after getting the Kayfun, thinking all the tanks people were hyped about at the moment would beat it in some way, but they never did. One way or another, that money has to be spent before you learn the Kayfun really is unbeatable in what it does.

You're the second person to recommend the Aegis Solo, and I watched the video you linked (djlsb is the best). That would probably be the route I'd go if I was looking to replace my current setup with something similar. But I'll just keep using the Ravenger X as a beater until it dies, which it seems will never happen- it's like the Nokia phone of mods. I want something very small and sleek that I can pocket, and that looks really good. I like the simple looks of some of these fancy pod systems, I just hope they work as good as they look.

I use an IPV mini V3 kit for out and about. It doesn’t have rebuildable coils, although a few members have made one with success. It’s a great little device and has .3 or 1.0 ohm attys for it. They just come out with the
Vsticking VKsma Auto Squonk TC Kit
Which is similar but has a rebuildable atty option included.

Thanks for the suggestion. I remember reading somewhere a person predicted there would be a rebuildable squonking pod mod, and it's wild someone actually made one. I squonked for a couple years and had a few different squonk mods, but found I liked a good rta more- being a simpler experience I didn't have to think about to use. Other than the squonking issue, I'm only getting another device because I want something super small and sleek. I checked out the kit you suggested, and the atomizer on top of the box is a deal breaker. If the atomizer was inside the mod it would be a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread