Augvape Druga Squonk Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

daillewe

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
Hey guys,

So, at a vape festival thing a few weeks back I purchased tho Augvape Druga rda and not realising (and being over excited at finding a decent rda for quite cheap) I either didn't hear the guy telling me, or he just didn't tell me, that my Druga is a clone - albeit a damn good one! It even had improvements on the original such as being able to fully close off one of the air holes to allow for single coil use, but it has a major flaw - it didn't come with the squonk pin!

So, to the point of this post, does anyone know where I could get a replacement squonk pin? I've had a look around in a few sites and found replacements for the goon and a few others but not for the druga :(

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hey guys,

So, at a vape festival thing a few weeks back I purchased tho Augvape Druga RDA and not realising (and being over excited at finding a decent rda for quite cheap) I either didn't hear the guy telling me, or he just didn't tell me, that my Druga is a clone - albeit a damn good one! It even had improvements on the original such as being able to fully close off one of the air holes to allow for single coil use, but it has a major flaw - it didn't come with the squonk pin!

So, to the point of this post, does anyone know where I could get a replacement squonk pin? I've had a look around in a few sites and found replacements for the goon and a few others but not for the druga :(
You don’t seem to want just any squonk pin, you want a squonk pin for a particular unnamed clone of a druga.

It might be worth trying a kit from fat daddy vapes, but even then it may fail. The problem is the width, height, and thread count of the pin you need to replace is unknown. The clone maker may or may not have done a center pin that is the same as the druga.

If you’ve got a micrometer and can take those measurements it might be possible to do something, but without information a shotgun style attempt like the fatdaddy vapes squonking conversion kit is the only thing I can think of that might possibly work, simply because it comes with a selection of common sizes

Reactions: daillewe

daillewe

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
I shall see if I can get my hands on a micrometer - think my dad's got one somewhere lol to be fair though this clone is quite faithful to the original, the only major differences are thst the juice well isn't quite as deep as the original, and as I mentioned it has the option to fully close one air hole, other than that it's almost identical

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I shall see if I can get my hands on a micrometer - think my dad's got one somewhere lol to be fair though this clone is quite faithful to the original, the only major differences are thst the juice well isn't quite as deep as the original, and as I mentioned it has the option to fully close one air hole, other than that it's almost identical
Juice well height implies a possible height length change in the center pin. The dimensions of the threaded hole the pin fits in (does it at least go all the way through the bottom of the atty BTW? If it doesn’t you’re SOL from the start) is not something I would make assumptions about.

If you’ve never used a micrometer you may want to look up how to do it as well. They are quite delicate and easy to destroy by accident. The older dial based ones more than the newer digital ones, but neither of them are rugged.

daillewe

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
Juice well height implies a possible height length change in the center pin. The dimensions of the threaded hole the pin fits in (does it at least go all the way through the bottom of the atty BTW? If it doesn’t you’re SOL from the start) is not something I would make assumptions about.

If you’ve never used a micrometer you may want to look up how to do it as well. They are quite delicate and easy to destroy by accident. The older dial based ones more than the newer digital ones, but neither of them are rugged.

The pin hole definitely goes right the way through - iv3 had the standard pin out as well. If my dad does have a micrometer there I'm sure he'll know what he's doing with it, or at least I'd hope he does lol

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I slowly accumulated a stash of squonk pins via fast tech,, I didn't care if I had the gear it was labeled for .. the hard part is getting their search engine to bring up pins only. So as i look at squonk attys-I review notes from other buyers and toss pins in my basket as I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread