Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi, and welcome to another review,

Today I have the newest Augvape mod for review, the Foxy One. It is a single battery box-mod that takes a 21700 battery.

Special thanks to @Augvape for sending me this mod.

Specifications:

Packaging:

1 x Foxy One Mod
1 x User Manual
1 x Type C cable
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Battery Sleeve

Review:

Cannot say anything wrong about the looks of this box mod, it looks simple, but great. The entire frame is made from zinc-alloy with some leather or suede action on the battery door. It feels very nice in the hand as it is quite small for a 21700-box mod, smaller than most 21700 mods out there, in size it is comparable with the Aegis Solo and Vaporesso Forz TX80. It is not light nor heavy, with 198 grams (21700 battery inserted) it has a proper weight to it. All edges have been rounded out giving it a nice feel. It simply feels like a very well-made, solid device. The zinc-alloy frame is however prone to fingerprints.

What I like a lot about Augvape products is that they limit their branding on the face of the device very much. On this device the only branding you have is the logo embedded into the leather, which in the same time gives it a nice grip.

The width of the device is 26mm, but because the edges are rounded you are limited to a 25mm tank to not have any overhang. Kind of a pity as many proper DTL tanks out there are 25mm+, but it does for example pair very well with the Augvape Druga RTA which I reviewed earlier (Augvape Druga RTA Review). I’ve been mainly using it as an MTL device with the Augvape Intake MTL tank (review to come), they match just perfectly both having the gun-metal color.

A very interesting battery door concept, it holds on strongly with the mod with the help of several large magnets. Once the door is out you simply slide in the battery-door from the top of the door and slide back the door in place. Feels very solid and secure and there is no battery rattle or movement from the door. Also, nice the battery door is made from Zinc alloy giving it a durable feel.

A very nice and big fire-button on the front and two tiny navigation buttons on the side. All buttons feel very proper and react well, no rattling.

For those that like big and colorful screens, this is not your type of mod. I myself really like the way they integrated the screen, it is tiny, but for me it looks much nicer on this mod than a big screen. If you are expecting miracles from the device, you won’t get it. On the screen itself you will find also very limited information, battery level, resistance, voltage/wattage and your current power setting, there is no puff-counter.

It has only 3 modes; wattage, voltage and bypass. Wattage with a 21700 battery maxes out at 120W and with an 18650 battery at 80W, very nice that the device recognizes the different battery types as going over 80W with an 18650 is not always safe. Voltage maxes out at 6.2V, which is not massive, but in most cases enough and bypass speaks for itself. It does round-robin at 80W/120W (depending on battery) and 6.8V. Unfortunately, it scrolls in 1W increments, which is not ideal for MTL. Would have been nice if up to for example 25W it would scroll in 0.1W or even 0.5w increments for MTL fine-tuning.

What you can do with the buttons on this device:

- 5x fire-button = Power on/off the device
- 3x fire-button while on = scrolling through the three different modes (W, V, BP)
- Hold the up and down button = lock/unlock the up and down button, can still fire while locked.

And that is all you can do, as you see very limited in functions. One thing I find a bit annoying sometimes is that when trying to lock the up and down button by holding them it tends to scroll up or down before locking it.

Conclusion:

I personally like limited devices because they are simple in use, this one is perfect for that. The device itself feels properly made and performs very well. Especially liking the battery door and the fire-button on this one. For me also one of the better-looking mods that I have owned.

Pro’s:

- Very sleek looking device
- Nice battery door system
- Battery door made from zinc alloy, and not plastic
- 21700-compatible
- Lays nice in the hand because of the fabric
- Minimal branding
- Large fire-button
- Tiny, but functional screen
- Very easy to use
- Minimalistic functions (for me a pro sometimes)
- Voltage mode and Bypass mode available

There are five things which I regard as a downside:

- Missing puff-counter
- It is limited to a 25mm tank without overhang
- Scrolls in 1W increments
- Prone to fingerprints
- Hard to lock device without moving up/down the wattage or voltage

For who is this device? Well for anyone that just vapes in wattage/voltage really and does not bother the small screen. I am sure that those won’t be disappointed investing in this device which can be picked up for around 40 to 45$.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read, have a good day,

Sjoerd

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Nice review SP! I was surprised to see that it would hold a 21700 since the mod looks small. I'll look forward to reading your review on the intake mtl. I like the original intake. I did go ahead and get a druga after reading your review and like it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thank you @hittman. It is indeed a small mod for a 21700 battery, that is because the space between the battery and bottom and top of the device is very limited.
    As I tested the Foxy One together with the Intake, I already posted the review Augvape Intake MTL RTA Review

Thanks for the link. I'll go check it out. I've been thinking about trying one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread