Augvape intake duel worth the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrenZ71

May 8, 2020
Anyone here using the augvape intake duel? It seems to be one of the easier build decks for a newb from what I can gather.

I’m fairly new to vaping. Currently using a smok fetch pro Getting tired of Killing smok RGC coils. I know smok makes a rebuildable for my fetch pro, but due to the size Doesn't look like fun.So I’m Looking to upgrade to a box mod and try my hand at a RTA.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-7_22-52-34.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-7_22-52-34.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 17
  • upload_2020-5-7_22-52-34.png
    upload_2020-5-7_22-52-34.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @WrenZ71, if you're not used to coiling and wicking an RTA it may be an idea to start with a single coil RTA.

As a single coil and wick makes things a bit easier.

And with a postless deck you'll need a coil leg trimming tool like a coily.
Home Page - CoilyTool

But there's also a few mesh options as well, which may be of interest.

Damn Vape Doom
Vandy Vape Kylin M
Geekvape Zeus X Mesh

They're all big clouds DTL options though.

But what ohm coils have you been using with the Fetch Pro?

Last edited:

WrenZ71

May 8, 2020
Hello @WrenZ71, if you're not used to coiling and wicking an RTA it may be an idea to start with a single coil RTA.

As a single coil and wick makes things a bit easier.

And with a postless deck you'll need a coil leg trimming tool like a coily.
Home Page - CoilyTool

But there's also a few mesh options as well, which may be of interest.

Damm Vape Doom
Vandy Vape Kylin M
Geekvape Zeus X Mesh

They're all big clouds DTL options though.

But what ohm coils have you been using with the Fetch Pro?

Thank you for the reply I’ll check out those option you mentioned.What about running the intake with a single coil build?I don’t mind buying tools that’s all part of it.

With the fetch pro I’ve been using .17 ohm RGC Conical mesh Coils at 40 watts with 6mg freebase.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
It's possible, but you'd need a larger ID coil though and to not thin the ends of the wick (tails) too much. Otherwise you'll end up with flooding happening.

But as you have already been using mesh coils, perhaps a mesh RTA is the way to go.

And you don't necessarily need to use the mesh strips that they sell for an individual one, you can use Vandy Vape's Stainless Steel mesh on a spool instead.

Plus all you need then is a decent pair of shears, a tool for forming/bending the mesh to shape, a decent pair of tweezers and a screwdriver or Allen key.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK

WrenZ71

May 8, 2020
It's possible, but you'd need a larger ID coil though and to not thin the ends of the wick (tails) too much. Otherwise you'll end up with flooding happening.

But as you have already been using mesh coils, perhaps a mesh RTA is the way to go.

And you don't necessarily need to use the mesh strips that they sell for an individual one, you can use Vandy Vape's Stainless Steel mesh on a spool instead.

Plus all you need then is a decent pair of shears, a tool for forming/bending the mesh to shape, a decent pair of tweezers and a screwdriver or Allen key.

My main fear with a mesh RTA is a dry hit.Ive heard its pretty bad.Ive also read that most mesh coils are notorious for excellent flavor for a day then puff no flavor.Not sure if RTA’s are that way but that is currently what my smok fetch pro is doing.

Just mainly looking for something easy to build on with some reliability.I may just go with a Subohm tank with factory made coils like the Freemax M pro. I have read there coils generally last 2-3 week.Then later on try a RTA.

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
I have the Intake single and it's not a easy one to build perfect. The dual seems way easier to get good results.

For me the easiest builds I made so far, on the atomisers I own, was on the Gear Rta.

I prefer single coil atomisers and for a beginner should be the first option.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@WrenZ71, Horizontech Falcon range are supposed to be another good option.

But check to see what coils are most easily available to you.

But mesh RTA's produce massive amounts of vapour compared to a coiled RTA, and if you're attentive to the way that you build them the only way that you'd get a dry hit would be if you run the RTA dry.

Also forgot about steamcrave RDTA's (Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomiser), recently there has been a mesh deck released. They have plenty of different deck options and large capacities available, also RDTA's are a bit easier to work with.

And there's a massive following on the forums as well, so plenty of information available.

Reactions: stols001

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Holding a clone in my hand right now if that helps. Fasttech $10.00.

I use single coils. The deck is easy to build with - works for me.

Love the top fill. Find it very forgiven as long as I make 3 mm or large coils. Even went as far as putting an extra small piece of cotton in the bottom of each of the wells when I was getting to much juice in my mouth - still using this method. Only complaint I have is the air flow ring is hard to turn but if you loosen the top slightly it becomes very easy - just don't forget to snug the top down when done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread