Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello there,

Today I have the Augvape Intake SubOhm tank for review, a collaboration between MikeVapes and Augvape. MikeVapes is one if my favorite reviewers on YouTube so my expectations are high on this one.

Many might know the Intake RTA, a previously released version of the Intake series. The unique thing about this tank is the Clapton wire mesh strip that is used in the coils, Augvape claims RDA like flavor. We will see about that!

Specifications:

In the box:

- Intake SubOhm tank
- 1* Bubble glass
- 1* 0.15 ohm regular Mesh coil
- 2* Clapton Mesh Coil
- 2* O-rings
- 1* User Manual
- 1* Warranty Card

Like the fact you get three coils in the kit, don’t remember any tank I owned that had three coils in the kit. Coils however were not packed or sealed and had visible fingerprints on them, hope Augvape will improve that in future kits.

Review:

It’s a good-looking tank with zero branding on the outside of the tank, only on the bottom. I like a simple looking tank and that’s what this is. The carved in ‘A’ on the side of the whole tank provides a proper grip to each part of it. Overall the machining is done well and if its about feeling of quality, this tank feels the most solid from all SubOhm tanks I have handed so far, and I have handed plenty.

Even though the tank looks much better witah the straight glass; the bubble glass simply has more capacity (3.5 vs 5ml) which is key on such tank. 5ml is kind of standard

It is easy to take apart the whole tank for coil replacement and cleaning purposes. Like the fact the airflow ring also comes off. One thing I do struggle a bit with is taking out the coil with my bare hands, too bad they did not include a coil removal tool to make it a bit easier. The coils are plugged in easily.

Top fill is easy with its lock 90 degree lock mechanism, the way I like it on a SubOhm tank. The form of the top cap provides proper grip for it to be easily opened. It does sit flush on there because of the rubber plugs that are inserted in the fill holes, which in turn also provides a proper seal.

Airflow allows for a lot of air, and for a nice restricted draw. Have to say the airflow sounds very smooth and is quite silent for this type of tank. The airflow ring moves easily and because of the engraved top of ‘A’ it is easy to get a proper grip.

There is only one drip-tip in the kit, but it is a nice proper drip-tip. Because of the minimally protruding top-cap it is not too short.

Let’s talk performance now. I started with the Clapton wire mesh, simply because it is marketed as innovative and top-notch flavor. Must admit that the flavor indeed is outstanding on this coil, and what I like maybe even more is the fact it’s a bit warmer than regular Mesh coils, probably due to the Clapton design. Is it RDA-level flavor? I would say yes, at least very close. Difference with an RDA though is that you don’t have to buy drop-in coils and if performance goes down you just replace cotton. But for those that are looking for flavor on a SubOhm tank with drop-in coils, this is a good choice.

The other Mesh coil does what you expect from a mesh coil, it delivers good flavor and dense clouds. If I would have to choose between both coils it would definitely be the Clapton mesh wire, it is just really revolutionary in my opinion. In Dutch we would say ‘A shot in the bullseye’, and I believe the Clapton mesh technology will be adapted by more companies very soon, it is just good.

Both coils have no issues with chain vaping at all, the wick keeps very saturated non-stop. I did experience some condensation build up through the top-airflow, overtime it gets a bit moisty under the airflow ring.

Conclusion:

Looking for a drop-in coil SubOhm tank that delivers fantastic flavor? Then this is probably your best choice at this moment. The Clapton mesh wire is really great. I highly recommend this SubOhm tank, but keep in mind that is my opinion

If there is any downsides to mention it would be the fact that taking out the coils is hard with bare hands, and the fact the coils did not come sealed and were a bit dirty.
Another good thing about this tank is the price, you can get it from various websites for under 20$ and for that you get 3 coils in the box!

Thank you for reading, take care!
Sjoerd

• Agree
Reactions: Rixsta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread