Vaporesso, Renova, Aurora Play, pod
Status
Not open for further replies.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Tomorrow would be better, but end of March works.
(why is it most all vapers are genetically inclined to be impatient..?)

Seriously- thanks for the update.
It seems instant gratification takes too long for me too!
I am interested but the non removable drip tip is a negative for me. Also, it wasn't stated (or more likely I missed it) if this is a draw activated pod or not. I prefer a very tight draw for MTL (1.0 mm insert in the Dvarws) so how would this compare?

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
From what I've heard- it's a good restrictive MTL- similar to a Juul. (I've never used either so just repeating statements from reviews.)
It is draw activated.
Draw activated is good, capacity is good. Now, if the draw would be adjustable and drip tips could be changed, it would be durn near perfect!

• Creative
Reactions: gerrymi

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Finally was able to buy one of these and it just came in. Was stuck with the rainbow color as that was all that was available. They must be in high demand as I ordered like 2 hours after receiving an email saying they were in stock. My initial thought is I like this thing. Looks sexy as hell and the draw is right up my alley as it is not to loose and not to tight. The lid has a little rattle but nothing drastic; will keep an eye on it to see if it gets loose. Was worried the lid would make it awkward but that has not been the case, not in the way at all. Will be ordering at least the metallic grey version as I like the engraved look.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Still waiting some vendor to have some options to buy. This think must be selling like water in desert, I just can't find it anywhere... "Sold out" is all I can get when I look for it.
The Aurora Play kit was just released and it might be pre-order now. We can suggest you buy from our official website here as well

• Informative
Reactions: Opinionated

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
How tight is the draw on these? I would imagine that it isn't too tight (loose MTL-ish kinda draw maybe) because of the draw activation.
The draw is similar to the Zero so your assumption was right, not too tight but not real loose either. That said, I feel MTL is better with the Play which is probably due to the round mouthpiece.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Finally found a production version of the Play. Bonus, found a new shop too.

I had been using a tester for a while and the pod that came with it was still working but growing stale. They sent a spare but I continued to use the stale tasting one until I could find a store bought one or it quit, whichever came first.

My brother had let me try his E8 device and an internet search showed a shop near my work. So a jaunt across town later I'm chatting with this really down to earth young fellow who says "E-what?" lol.

So I'm looking in his display case and see a pair of Plays and say "uh, never mind sell me a Play". He says "awe man those are the bomb"..."we can't keep them in stock". Apparently his supplier can't keep up either.

We talked juice for a bit as he puffed on a mini big mod that had something that smelled wonderful. "Sell me whatever it is you're vaping there bro." So I showed him my tester version of the Play and he was psyched about the embossed case as apparently he and the store owner hadn't seen that version.

I put the tester pod in my shiney new Play and puffed on medium. See, the tester was high only. Now I had good production with Zero smoooooooth. But the flavor in the tester tank was less than yummy. I bought 4 spare pods even though the Play comes with a spare.

I loaded the Burst Sher-Berst into a new tank and I kid you not, I puffed on it 10 seconds later and it was absolutely bursting with flavor already. I tried high, medium and low and opted for medium. Just like my Zeros.

Yeah, I know you're supposed to wait and usually I do. But today I did not. Tomorrow I'm hoping to go back there and purchase the rainbow version. Today I bought the bronze version. It's super cool looking.

I had pretty much gone back to smoking lately and barely vaped. So all of the juices in my devices had been fermenting inside my hot truck all day hidden in a go bag. But the Play with that super-duper yummy juice is getting it done this evening.

My goal last year was to be tobacco-free by new years 2019. The Zero really helped but I backslid around ground hog day. Today, a new Play, a new flavor and a new goal were found.

IMG-20190430-191123.jpg

The new EDC assortment.
A friend sent me the little light recently and the knife is new to the EDC roster.

IMG-20190430-195133.jpg

The dynamic duo.
Hopefully soon a rainbow one will be added, then brushed silver to match my favorite Zero.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Vicman

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So this morning I took a real nice puff off the Play. Yum yum. Next puff, nothing.
Huh?
A few more tries and nothing. Hmmm. Push power button and get red flashes.
Doh! I forgot to charge it out of the box.

Plug it in and 45 minutes later it was charged. Remained nice n cool while charging.

Now I'm back in action.

FYI I got about 100 puffs from the factory charge. If I screwed it up by not charging out of the box that's on me. I knew better.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Battle scars:
IMG-20190511-074635.jpg

IMG-20190511-074707.jpg

I just wanted to point out whatever they coat these things with is TOUGH!

No metal shows through at all after pocket carry with coins, a knife etc and being dropped onto pavement a few times.
The scratches are only visible in direct sunlight and only at certain angles. The dings add character.

My Zero's don't show any scratches or scuffs after months of use.

Well done Vapresso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread