• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Aussie Vapors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDismal

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Australia, Melbourne
So where is everyone from in Aus, I'm just curious on the ratio to see if there are more e-smokers in larger cities around australia. Obviously a LOT of people still haven't discovered e-cigs yet, and the people that I've showed have told me they want one, but still haven't gotten one, this always the case for you guys?

Also, I feel like an idiot vaping in public, still haven't vaped on trains yet. Anyone else feel the same?

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
My wife and I are from Brissie, but we haven't lived there for over a year.. heading home Monday. We have our 2nd order waiting for us there - fresh juices to try, and some new hardware.:)

Since I found this forum and made my first order, I have got my wife, sister, mother and sister-in-law interested. My sister has orders arriving here in Benalla (country Victoria) and Launceston as she's moving to Tassie in a week. My mother is about to order her first vapouriser to Benalla. My sister-in-law in Melbourne has started vaping 2 days ago and now ordered for her mother as well who lives on the East coast in Victoria. So the web is spreading and I'm sure once we get back to Bris we'll find more converts :D

We've only tried vaping in public once, at a fancy cafe in Melbourne. It was fine - outside - using the white 510 which could pass for a white ciggie. I had a few hits on the 905 but wasn't comfortable with it.

Not sure how I'll go trying to vape in smoking banned areas - would probably try to get permission first from the manager (if it's a pub/cafe/etc) rather than just do it.

I'm keen to know whether it will set off smoke alarms - haven't found any threads on this. Might have to do some testing on this one. If I'm certain that it won't then I guess stealth vaping would be ok, eg in the toilet on planes etc.

gizmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Australia
Living in the best Melb has to offer...Montrose area....where you from matey.

No worries vaping while driving,vape by stealth if in public :cool: & yeah a lot are interested & want one so I keep some printed sheets,what & where to buy..one lady really wanted to quit smokes but had never heard of Paypal. ahh well.

Just heard the postie.

ps..Tried blowing vapor into my smoke alarm,took a couple of goes and the vapor set it off..poor dog scampered off. hehe.

Last edited:

MrDismal

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Australia, Melbourne
KiteStyle, I'm actually from Launceston (Tas) but now living in Melbourne.
I used to vape on a kr808d before I dropped it (LOL) and vaped that in bars, couple managers came up to me in certain bars and i just showed them the device and everything was sweet, they REALLY can't do anything about it, I'm not breaking any laws (I don't think).
Other people (customers drinking at bars and stuff) just look at you weird. (Like wtf are you doing smoking inside???)
Now that I have my 510 with a blue light I'm a little confused whether I should vape in bars because it's such a weird looking device lol.

Gizmo that's really bizarre that it set off the alarm because it's not smoke? :S
It's just steam, right? It must be a really sensitive smoke alarm or this is some other sort of weird steam. And by the way I'm in South Yarra.

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
Heaps of southerners here eh? We have just been visiting my family and some mates in Melb for a few weeks after taking a long honeymoon, backpacking and volunteering etc around the world. Heading home to look for work and get back to the grind :(

Launceston seems pretty nice, spent a few days there to check out my sister's new house and help her get ready to move. Very green, not much traffic, pretty laid back little city. Just too bloody freezing for us cold-blooded types who need the sun.

Heh everyone's twitching at the sound of the postie at the moment... nothing for my sister so now it's monday hopefully. Did you get yours Gizmo?

Interesting about the smoke alarms.. mainly cos they always warn you that they have them installed in plane toilets. Guess it would be ok but short drags, not a huge cloud.

We went out for dinner tonight.. I was not going to vape inside the packed restaurant, don't think I ever will. It's just easier to go outside than get evil looks, explain yourself, etc, etc.

gizmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Australia
Nah..looks like next week for me too, waiting on Liquid & atts from HG..batteries from DX & my second SD..patience gets tested sometimes.

I just love Tassie,Cygnet is where my dad came from & have rellies in Launceston the cold factor stops me from moving that way though..still I love an open fire & no shortage of wood.

My cousin did some wind surfing a few years back,ended up on the rocks,broke a few ribs...punctured a lung,not to many bones he hasn't broken from skiing or wind surfing,his dad is ex sas..explains why all the kids jump from perfectly good planes..I prefer sitting on a river bank fishing,more my style.:D

djsat

Dec 18, 2009
AUSTRALIA
So where is everyone from in Aus, I'm just curious on the ratio to see if there are more e-smokers in larger cities around australia. Obviously a LOT of people still haven't discovered e-cigs yet, and the people that I've showed have told me they want one, but still haven't gotten one, this always the case for you guys?

Also, I feel like an idiot vaping in public, still haven't vaped on trains yet. Anyone else feel the same?

Hi, I'm a non-smokin Sydneysider but would like to get my friends and family onto this. Worried about their health, how can I approach them with something like this. They probly just laugh at me because I don't know what I'm talking about. Is there a section/tutorial here for newbies to start from scratch at the beginning. Also, I can't demo the product wifout getn hookd on the juice and would probly need someone to work out the pros n cons and troubleshoot anything which may arise. My e-cigs should be arriving nex week but was wondering if I would have any problems at customs with the amount of imported nicotine. Is there a limit or does it only apply to tobacco? Thanks, any help/replies would be great, cheers!

SgtSten

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Australia
Heh everyone's twitching at the sound of the postie at the moment... nothing for my sister so now it's monday hopefully. Did you get yours Gizmo?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys ,
I,m also from Tassie :rolleyes:. Yep i,m hanging out for my first order to arrive. The good news is it has been released from customs in Melbourne, I hope it comes monday :p

Cheer
SgtSten

MrDismal

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Australia, Melbourne
Wow, a lot of people from Tassie! Weird, but good to hear.
KiteStyle, I did enjoy the fresh non-polluted air in Tassie but living there bored me to near suicide so I had to move away (Melbourne) And plus the cold weather doesn't help either.

I'm also waiting on a $180 order from the UK... HOPEFULLY by the end of next week I should see it in my hands.

Djsat, I think the best approach would be just telling your friends and fam naturally, that you found a "healthier" smoking alternative to replace cigarettes but not the nicotine (minus all the harmful chemicals).
What e-cigs have you got on order and the best e-juice would have to safely start someone on a tobacco-like juice if they're fresh off smoking.
When I found out about PV's I looked at all these flavours and thought... this cannot be something that will replace a tobacco burnt flavour. (crazy flavours like red bull, coffee, chocolate, vanilla, caramel ect ect ect ect.) So I just went with tobacco and more tobacco like Marlboro (Good flavour too!)
Anyway, at the end of the day just make sure you get a good product and keep the juices up!
Here's a great tutorial to answer a lot of questions you have but it's MASSIVE so you might have to skip a lot to get to the point. Good luck.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/36180-wonderful-world-vaping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-parts-1-through-6-a.html

Last edited:

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
Bloody posties eh? Nice time for a strike. Weirdly our package got thru to Brissie in 7 days, but all the ones thru Melb seem held up. The local post office in Benalla said 'don't hold your breath for any parcels till mid next week'. Grrrr. My sister is so ready to quit! :-x Hope you guys get yours OK.

Dj, find what annoys them about smoking and use that to get their interest maybe? The very first thing that caught my attention was about people in the UK smoking e-cigs in clubs and pubs. That sounded cool. Sounds like you got a test model, that should get some interest too. Not sure what you ordered but you can get zero nicotine cartridges and juice. Depending on where you ordered from you may have 1-2 free 0mg carts in your starter kit. You would be perfectly fine to use this with no addictive effects. If you don't have any 0mg carts (clearly labelled) then you need to buy some 0mg juice for yourself if you want to try it. You can get most of the flavours in 0mg. Otherwise, just keep asking questions here.

Gizmo.. don't get me started on Kitesurfing.. best sport ever! been doing it 8 years and I still get butterflies for hours before a session when the wind's up.

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
My sister got both her parcels in Benalla today.. happy girl :) She's loving the 510 with 555 juice.

I got to bris today and opened my 2nd package: juices, 12v car chargers, 510 passthru, and assorted spare attys/battys etc. All good except I've ordered an auto 510 batt by mistake.. will have to see how that goes. The blue colour's pretty nice anyway.

Some juice had leaked in transit with my order from China, had to wash all the bottles and my hands. Then the dropper came off with the lid on a 30ml bottle, got 24mg juice all over my hands. Had to wash them again, for longer. :mad:

1st impressions, the 24mg Marlboro isn't sweet like the MLB freebies - is the most like a real ciggie I've tried. Bit full on for everyday use for me, but probly great for any time an analog might be desired - like with a bourbon or two.

The other surprise was the 18mg watermelon, picked by my wife. Not sweet like menthol or strawberry, it's actually pretty nice.

So now we've got 5 days of camping, will have 3 x fully charged 905 batts (900 Ma, 1 1/2 days each maybe?) and a 12v car charger for 510s and a 12v USB adapter with a USB 510 charger, and if all else fails a USB passthru for the 510. So I reckon we'll be OK :D

No probs at the airport, we vaped the 510s with coffee outside the tiger terminal, then stuck them in checked luggage. Too scared to carry on in case security had a problem and took them.

My biggest problem now is that I've accidentally ordered a bunch of 30ml bottles at 24mg instead of 18, and I noticed too late, the order had been dispatched. I think it's cos when you use the back button on the browser it defaults back to 24mg. So now I'm trying to get the green light from the wife for order number four (in 2-3 weeks!) to buy all the same things at 11mg so I can mix them 50:50. This is costing waaay more than we ever spent smoking!!! 8-o Hopefully we'll be set for 6 months after all this.

Anyway fellas that's my update. Glad to hear you got yours finally Gizmo.

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Hi everyone....
I'm Stateside, but thought I could offer a bit of help here.
One of my good friends is "Di" at Eastmall. She is also an Aussie. That having been said, she is one of the so called "experts of the e-cig". If you were to get hold of her here on this forum in the Eastmall sub-forum, she might be able to hook you all up with the latest in info from down under.

Cheers!!!

Chris:p
aka: Bite Me

Timtam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Australia
My biggest problem now is that I've accidentally ordered a bunch of 30ml bottles at 24mg instead of 18, and I noticed too late, the order had been dispatched. I think it's cos when you use the back button on the browser it defaults back to 24mg. So now I'm trying to get the green light from the wife for order number four (in 2-3 weeks!) to buy all the same things at 11mg so I can mix them 50:50. This is costing waaay more than we ever spent smoking!!! 8-o Hopefully we'll be set for 6 months after all this.

Anyway fellas that's my update. Glad to hear you got yours finally Gizmo.
Get some food grade glycerine and thin it out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread