Australia's Vape Laws Just Got Even Tighter. The Black Market Isn’t Worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
"" Drug dealers are already making serious money selling e-cigarettes. A crackdown on imports could bolster their bottom line.

SYDNEY, Australia – It’s approaching 6PM and the sun has just set on another weekday in Sydney’s inner west. A black car pulls into a quiet suburban street and parks at the roadside. Minutes later, a girl in her late teens appears. She walks to the car and waits as the window rolls down.

“That’s just 25,” says the driver, placing a small box in her hand while accepting her money. And with that, another illegal nicotine vape is sold in Sydney.

Until recently, the driver – an 18-year-old, part-time drug dealer – would have been selling marijuana from the front seat of his car. It was earlier this year that he decided to pivot to e-cigarettes instead. His name has been changed for his protection.

“I started seeing a lot of people selling vapes and I thought to look into it. Then I realised that the profits are almost double,” James told VICE World News.

It’s been illegal to sell vapes containing nicotine in Australia for years, and illegal to carry or use them without a prescription in all states and territories except South Australia. In no other Western country do such rules apply, making Australian vape laws some of the strictest in the world........"

See full article here:
Australia's Vape Laws Just Got Even Tighter. The Black Market Isn’t Worried.

So as India outlawed all vaping and the US and Canada seem to be regulating it out of existence, Australia joins in in making harm reduction a crime !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread