Authentic Aqua V2 for $25 shipped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosiermo

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2014
Indiana
I haven't been on ecf in ages, when I finally come back I happened across this thread.

Right after I got my shipping notice they are showing sold out.
My Aqua v2 clone is my favorite atty, and had been since it came out, so I'm stoked to find an authentic for even less than I paid for a tobeco.
They have all kinds of good deals on that sale page, I'm watching that magma to see if it comes down a bit more. I'll jump all over it.

RoxyNoodle
I have to assume you're the same one I bought the spheroid from.
It's a small community it seems.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I haven't been on ecf in ages, when I finally come back I happened across this thread.

My Aqua v2 clone is my favorite atty, and had been since it came out, so I'm stoked to find an authentic for even less than I paid for a tobeco.
They have all kinds of good deals on that sale page, I'm watching that magma to see if it comes down a bit more. I'll jump all over it.

RoxyNoodle
Nice, looks like you made it back just in time (to spend some money). ;)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

RoxyNoodle

Yes, you did :). ECF is pretty much my home base.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just got mine and tbh, this doesn't loom authentic to me. The posts are a total hack job which made building a living nightmare... And to top it off with my stupidity I filled it up with diy rainbow sherbet on the plastic tank. Facepalm.

Here's a pic of the posts:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwwjd8pvmxgs7rf/DSC_0184.JPG?dl=0

I also found the threads quite harsh as it made some superficial cuts on my fingers. Also, from pics I saw online, my screws are different, so I'm guessing this is definitely a clone.

at least it's vaping awesome and the flavor is immense. Now. Where can I get replacement posts and a spare tank?

Last edited:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Just got mine and tbh, this doesn't loom authentic to me. The posts are a total hack job which made building a living nightmare... And to top it off with my stupidity I filled it up with diy rainbow sherbet on the plastic tank. Facepalm.

Here's a pic of the posts:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwwjd8pvmxgs7rf/DSC_0184.JPG?dl=0

I also found the threads quite harsh as it made some superficial cuts on my fingers. Also, from pics I saw online, my screws are different, so I'm guessing this is definitely a clone.

at least it's vaping awesome and the flavor is immense. Now. Where can I get replacement posts and a spare tank?

I believe Footoon has already confirmed authenticity if you read back a few pages. Mine has some wonky post holes too...not quite as bad as yours though.

Fasttech for replacement plastic tanks:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009410/2056102-replacement-acrylic-tank-for-aqua-v2-rda

javyn

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
houston
The tank is just a little wobbly if you have it opened up for decent airflow, I think it's the design. I have two of the Fasttech clones, the old discontinued 14 dollar one, and the 22 dollar one that they still have left.

I have no doubt this is an authentic, because it beats both of my clones to hell and back. I can tell the build quality is miles above those clones just by handling it. Yes the posts are screwy, but that's just the way it is. No leaks from the bottom, whatsoever, like both of my clones do. And it could be in my head, but I think I'm even getting better flavor from this authentic!

If the Aqua V2 base bothers you that much, and I wouldn't blame you if it does, you can order a Silverplay base from Fasttech for like 6 bucks and swap it out.

I actually ordered a SP base as well as some Orchid bases so I can toss the bad Aqua clone bases I have and salvage the chimneys and tanks that came with them.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The tank is just a little wobbly if you have it opened up for decent airflow, I think it's the design. I have two of the Fasttech clones, the old discontinued 14 dollar one, and the 22 dollar one that they still have left.

I have no doubt this is an authentic, because it beats both of my clones to hell and back. I can tell the build quality is miles above those clones just by handling it. Yes the posts are screwy, but that's just the way it is. No leaks from the bottom, whatsoever, like both of my clones do. And it could be in my head, but I think I'm even getting better flavor from this authentic!

If the Aqua V2 base bothers you that much, and I wouldn't blame you if it does, you can order a Silverplay base from Fasttech for like 6 bucks and swap it out.

I actually ordered a SP base as well as some Orchid bases so I can toss the bad Aqua clone bases I have and salvage the chimneys and tanks that came with them.

Unfortunately it wobbles even when covering 70% of the airhole... It's a bit annoying when vaping while walking. It's not huge but it's there.

Is the culprit the threads not catching correctly or oring density?

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Unfortunately it wobbles even when covering 70% of the airhole... It's a bit annoying when vaping while walking. It's not huge but it's there.

Is the culprit the threads not catching correctly or oring density?
Yeah, same with mine, I need to almost have it completely closed off for it not to wobble. I think it's a thread tolerance thing, they are catching correctly on mine, its just they are too loose. I've wondered if a thicker o-ring would help mask the issue, I would think it should help, but haven't tried.

javyn

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
houston
Weird, mine wobbles but not nearly that much. It may be not catching? When I re-wick it is sometimes difficult to get the threads to catch that first time screwing it on. Make sure your coils aren't too big or misplaced to where they are touching the inside of the chamber, that will cause shorts too.

Oh if you need replacement tanks, SKU 2056102 from FT are the ones that fit. Using one of them on my authentic right now, and as an added bonus, they are not frosty like in the pics but very transparent.

edit: Oh yes, if you think you need a thicker o-ring a neat trick is to take the ring off, do a full diameter wrap or two inside the groove with some dental floss, put the o-ring back on over it, then snip and tuck the floss tails under the o-ring. I do this often for o-rings that are too loose or too small and it works great to beef them up.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
OMG, I got one of these last week and just put a build on it today. I think I'm in love! What a beautiful atty and wonderful vape! I thought my Erlk's were flavorful, but this one beats them by a mile. Mine was beautifully machined. No wobble and no wonky posts. The only very minor problem was the deck was screwed to the chimney so tight I almost had to resort to pliers. But once that was off, it was really easy to put a coil on and get it wicked per the tips in the clone thread. I could just kick myself for not getting 2 while they were still in stock.

javyn

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
houston
I just did a 2.5mm dual coil build with 26g at 0.6 ohm...OMG the flavor. I don't find this easy to build on at all though, those holes on the posts are crazy, my coils come out fugly, but so long as they fire evenly, I shrug it off.

I can't wait to get my Silverplay and Orchid V3/4 bases to swap parts and compare performance.

Only issue I have is that when I unscrew the screw on top the pos post, it makes the whole post start unscrewing. Same thing with my clones though, so I'm already used to holding the post steady with pliers when unscrewing lead mounting screw on that one.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I just did a 2.5mm dual coil build with 26g at 0.6 ohm...OMG the flavor. I don't find this easy to build on at all though, those holes on the posts are crazy, my coils come out fugly, but so long as they fire evenly, I shrug it off.

I can't wait to get my Silverplay and Orchid V3/4 bases to swap parts and compare performance.

Only issue I have is that when I unscrew the screw on top the pos post, it makes the whole post start unscrewing. Same thing with my clones though, so I'm already used to holding the post steady with pliers when unscrewing lead mounting screw on that one.
Heh, my 2.5mm 26g dual coil build came out to .29 ohm , but it was spaced and only 5 wraps (and I think nichrome). The vape is so flavorful and wet, I really like it. Is that why he calls it "The Aqua" the "wet" vape?

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Hoosiermo

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2014
Indiana
Huge bummer.
I got mine and the positive post is stripped. Went to put a build on it and it just spun.
They sold out right after I bought mine.
I've emailed LV. I hope they can help.

Also I think the clear plastic insulator in the bottom is too big. The 510 adapter won't go all the way on, unless I remove the clear piece.
Hate to say it, my tobeco was better out of the box. This is a really nice piece, but I can't build on it.
Anyone know where I can buy the brass positive post that screws into the brass disc in the base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread