Authentic Hastur MTL mini from Cthulhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLVaper69

Mar 24, 2018
Added a steel/pei tank to it from the KF Prime clone from FT, with a little modding to make it fit :)

jUTC1NE.jpg

I agree with @Nailz BTW, I find it less satisfying than what i was hoping for I usually start the day with the Hastur mini and halfway the day switch to the Berserker.
I think it's the airflow too. It needs a bigger coil, but that's not possible due to condensation problems

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Added a steel/pei tank to it from the KF Prime clone from FT, with a little modding to make it fit :)

jUTC1NE.jpg

I agree with @Nailz BTW, I find it less satisfying than what i was hoping for I usually start the day with the Hastur mini and halfway the day switch to the Berserker.
I think it's the airflow too. It needs a bigger coil, but that's not possible due to condensation problems
They should have just shrunk the 24 to 22 and would have been more successful IMO. It is a good looker though, had high hopes.

Reactions: Nailz

NLVaper69

Mar 24, 2018
They should have just shrunk the 24 to 22 and would have been more successful IMO. It is a good looker though, had high hopes.

Nah, would still be a too long tank for my likings. I wouldn't have bought it then. That's the main reason I sold my 24mm Hastur, just too big. But that's just me, I like short tanks.

FichoZG

May 19, 2017
Croatia
- Which build do you guys recommend for this tiny atomizer so that the vapor is not too warm ?

I've tried my standard 2.5mmID 5 wraps spaced fused clapton (VV superfine MTL Ni80 wire) (30*2/38 AWG) and the vapor is a bit too hot compared to the Berserker Mini for example where the same build works great! I'm vaping the Hastur Mini on the largest hole btw.

NLVaper69

Mar 24, 2018
I always use 6 wraps 2,5mm 28 awg kanthal. Is about 1.15 ohm. Using only mechs, for me that's the only build that's not too hot for this little tank.

But I have another problem. since the past few weeks it has a habit of shorting. I can't seem to find the cause of it. Got the coil pressed down all the way so the top dont touch the inner of the chimney. No leads sticking out that touch the chimney. Checked everything noumerous times but cant find whats causing it.

Anyone else got problems with shorting?

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I always use 6 wraps 2,5mm 28 awg kanthal. Is about 1.15 ohm. Using only mechs, for me that's the only build that's not too hot for this little tank.

But I have another problem. since the past few weeks it has a habit of shorting. I can't seem to find the cause of it. Got the coil pressed down all the way so the top dont touch the inner of the chimney. No leads sticking out that touch the chimney. Checked everything noumerous times but cant find whats causing it.

Anyone else got problems with shorting?
Yep, I had problem with my shorting but I honestly did not spend more than a build or 2 with it.

Reactions: NLVaper69

FichoZG

May 19, 2017
Croatia
Tried using 7 wraps 2.5mmID 28ga kanthalA1 (spaced), and it works very good, the intense flavor is there, and the vapor is not too hot. This is a quite good atomizer, doesn't leak, and it can be filled almost too easily. Only problem, I'm still getting a tiny bit of juice in my mouth, and I use the Nautilus 2 delrin drip tip. Stock drip tips that come with this RTA are a joke imo.

FichoZG

May 19, 2017
Croatia
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Deleted per OP's Request

TommyVe

Aug 1, 2018
Hello guys! I've recently bought a Cthulhu Hastur MTL Mini and feel duty to share my feelings. Also I'm somewhat new in world of vaping, not my 1st ecig tho.

I do love how compact this atomizer is and in combination with my little dagger mode, it is easily carryable around in my pocket. That was main trigger for me.

Pros:
It's size of course
easily buildable even for newbies
2 driptips and additional tank glass in package
affordable
perfect taste feel

Cons:
original drip tips doesn't work for me, the juice condense into my mouth (however I've red somewhere that newer packages contains different driptips thxgod)

DSC_0068.JPG mini.png

I do mostly build as following:
SS316 0,32 wire
9 wraps
1 ohm
super fluffy Jellyfish cotton

On actual photos I'm just testin some prebuilt coil

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member