Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It's definitely a mtl tank , but I can definitely get restrictive lung hits with it. Your question is hard to answer because everyone has a different feeling of what they feel is a restrictive lung hit, so I'm not sure you will get a proper comparison unless you have another tank that perhaps one of us also has...it's like the kayfun 5, fully open to me is definitely dtl and not restrictive, but to someone who uses sub tanks with giant bore drip tips, the k5 fully open might feel restrictive to them...Personally, (and maybe it's because I have big lungs) I can comfortably dtl the spica and get a restrictive lung hit with the spica fully open
Guys who have this, is it possible to do a restricted lung with this? or is it only for MTL.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Ryedan

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Which setting on a kayfun v5 would you compare this to wide open?
I sold my k5 last year and never really liked it. I even had the reducer in it and although it made it much tighter, I still didn't care for it. Without the reducer, as I remember the spica is much tighter then the 5 at its smallest. I did have a few k5 reducers and I think the middle size was similiar to the spica

Reactions: mav2000

Darko

Jul 9, 2018
i saw sirius mods removed their web sale and now you have to do it through Facebook,
how is this thing working exactly;i saw on their page you have to register on a google doc form which goes through a randomizer and then what?if you're chosen,they give you a password for the site or something?
Oldest trick in the book, limit sales to create a high demand then charge a premium price, it's no wonder clone sales are doing well, they only have themselves to blame.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Oldest trick in the book, limit sales to create a high demand then charge a premium price, it's no wonder clone sales are doing well, they only have themselves to blame.
That is what goes thru my mind everytime I see one of the 'mod snobs' say "you have belong to the high end FB group".
(See Barnum,P.T.)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I wonder if the clone has the same issue as my authentics plastic tank? I just bought a spica, I guess 1 day before they stopped selling on their site, i then set up the plastic tank initially and When I opened the jc, only one hole exposed, so I realized the tank was a smidge to long which caused the issue. I put on glass tank and it's perfect and when measured the glass tank is just a tad shorter....I contacted sirius mods and they are sending me a new plastic tank....I'm really enjoying the spica, but my fav is still the kayfun mini v3 and have yet to vape a tank with better flavor and I have a lot a rtas...I don't regret buying the spica, it's a great vape and do enjoy it very much....I did come across a bit of an issue with it today after a rewick...I guess I got an extra rayon fiber , kind of like a little bugger (after trimming tails, I guess a little piece stuck to the outer edge of deck, near juice holes) and didn't notice it. When I screwed the deck back into tank I notice it didn't screw in smoothly, so I backed it out and the chimney came with it. Now the chimney is stuck to the deck and was a pain to get off...I finally got it off after wiping all the juice off of it and re inserted chimney back into tank, then screwed back the deck and it freaken happened again.....after this I noticed this tiny bit of rayon , cleaned it off and everything was fine....there is absolutely no room for anything between the outer part of deck and inner chimney and because the chimney isn't really held in until the tank is all assembled, it can pull out and stick to the deck if anything is between

Darko

Jul 9, 2018
Mine should be here this week, I also ordered from their site, paid for slow shipping. Is it similar to the Prime (I own one)
I find it very different compared to the Prime.
Building on is not as easy, the airflow is much tighter than the Prime even with the largest airflow reducer installed and the airflow control opened right up it's still a very tight draw.
The mouth piece is probably the most comfortable one I've used.
But the biggest negative for me is the top cap, it's a pain in the .... to get off and I dread having to re-fill because of it.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
How is everyone liking their Spica so far?

I like Spica. Very well made, tight tolerances, innovative design. Proper MTL.

Is it better than Kayfun Mini V3 or Prime? Difficult to say, probably not. But it definitely has its own vape character. It took me a while to set it up to my liking, it needs less cotton for sure. I am vaping with 5-leaf insert and chimney height at 2 turns down. Happy.

w0hG1cv.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I find it very different compared to the Prime.
Building on is not as easy, the airflow is much tighter than the Prime even with the largest airflow reducer installed and the airflow control opened right up it's still a very tight draw.
The mouth piece is probably the most comfortable one I've used.
But the biggest negative for me is the top cap, it's a pain in the .... to get off and I dread having to re-fill because of it.
Yes difficult to compare to the prime or any tank because they all have slightly different characteristics. I also find the prime a bit easier to work but like the feel of the spica. I don't find the top cap a pain really, it's actually very smooth and easy for me to take off. Maybe cause my fingernails are tough, but I just use them and it's not much of an effort and the threads are soo smooth that it never seems to tighten up that tight......

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Here is my take on comparing flavors between tanks, take for instance my fav rta, the km3, yes I find it has the best flavor, but really I just like the way it makes my fav eliquid taste...each one of my tanks produce a slightly different taste with the same juice, but what is the juice really suppose to taste like? So just because I prefer my fav juice in the km3, doesn't make it the best tank, I just prefer the taste that particular tank gives...someone else might prefer the taste of that juice in another tank, so there is no correct way that juice should really taste...so like it's been said many times, it's all subjective and rarely can ones feelings match another's when it comes to taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread