Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I like Spica. Very well made, tight tolerances, innovative design. Proper MTL.

it needs less cotton for sure.

w0hG1cv.jpg
I totally agree. It took me a couple wick jobs before it performed correctly. If the wick is to dense up against the juice holes it doesn't produce the flavor. After I wick it, I actually take a needle and from the outside, poke the cotton away from the holes slightly and that cotton should feel soft as your pressing it. If it feels too solid, like it doesn't want to slightly push away from holes, there may be to much in the tails...I have the byka v6 and it exactly the same principle

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
I don't find the top cap a pain really, it's actually very smooth and easy for me to take off. Maybe cause my fingernails are tough, but I just use them and it's not much of an effort and the threads are soo smooth that it never seems to tighten up that tight......

Same here, no issues at all. Super smooth. Actually it's catching the thread better than top cap on Prime...

Reactions: vapdivrr

MKID

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Southern CAL
Thanks everyone! I guess I must me going through vape mail anxiety. I totally agree with all of you in re to comparing flavors and tanks. Even knowing that the Spica is for mtl, the recent trend of calling atomizers mtl when they are actually designed for dtl leaves me uneasy. Thanks again, I’ll let you guys know how I like it once I get mine going.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Oh it definitely can be set up as a true mtl imo..if you use the tightest pin you will get a really tight draw just like any true mtl tank of years ago. I know what you mean on newer tanks saying they are mtl, but because they can also do loose draws there's just something off about them...
Thanks everyone! I guess I must me going through vape mail anxiety. I totally agree with all of you in re to comparing flavors and tanks. Even knowing that the Spica is for mtl, the recent trend of calling atomizers mtl when they are actually designed for dtl leaves me uneasy. Thanks again, I’ll let you guys know how I like it once I get mine going.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Afaik, sirius mods Is the only place to buy and just a few days ago they had them for sale on their site, but now have switched to their FB page and by randomizer.
Does anyone know where i can get one of these in the UK. My vaping style has changed, and i'm more about flavour now. Here's hoping ;-)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Well after having this rta for several days, I have to agree with all of your comments about it.

At the moment I’m trying to decide between a 4 or 5 wrap ss 28g 2.5 using the 7 leaf/slotted pin.
4 or 5 wrap of 28g? I don't use 28g very often anymore (prefer 26g) but when I did it was at least 6 wraps, in fact even with 26g, I never do a coil with anything less then 6 wraps..(6 wraps 26g kanthal .7 ish ohms being my fav).maybe because your using SS and temp control you use 4 wraps, but with kanthal and power mode 4 wraps of 28g would seem a bit to hot perhaps and not enough surface area...but I guess it depends on your wattage, if your vaping really low wattage it might be good.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
You can lower your coil if your finding it too harsh....if your coil is slightly under 2.5mm ID, you should be able to lower your coil to maybe 1.2 mm above air hole which should reduce TH. ...I must have mine to low because even with the smallest chimney setting, I'm actually not noticing any more TH then my other rta's
How is everyone liking the throat hit with the Spica, I find that even with the chimney ceiling all the way down the throat hit is still strong compared to other atomisers

Darko

Jul 9, 2018
I'll check the coil height next time I rewick and see if it can go any lower, I'm using a 2.5mm Kanthal wire at around 0.8 ohm
You can lower your coil if your finding it too harsh....if your coil is slightly under 2.5mm ID, you should be able to lower your coil to maybe 1.2 mm above air hole which should reduce TH. ...I must have mine to low because even with the smallest chimney setting, I'm actually not noticing any more TH then my other rta's

Reactions: vapdivrr

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I have a question to all, what wattages are ye all running and percentage of pg/vg? I'm running at 23 watts and between 50 and 70 vg as I do with every rta I own and although I'm getting really good flavor, it seems after my 3rd consecutive mtl vape, I feel the flavor drop slightly on my 3rd.....I have only had it for 3 weeks now and rebuilt about 5x's, so maybe I haven't found the sweet spot on wicking , but usually after a few wick jobs I'm pretty good at nailing...I currently have a rayon wick (also tried cotton, same results) that is definitely not thick in the tails. Just not sure if this rta may be more suited to the 15 watt range?

Darko

Jul 9, 2018
I'm finding that this RTA needs lower VG juices and less wick as compared to say the Kayfun Prime or Skyline.
I really think that this needs slightly larger wicking ports on the side of the deck as it's not the best at wicking.
As far as wattage goes , 15 watts seems to be the sweet spot for me with a 0.9 ohm coil.

I have a question to all, what wattages are ye all running and percentage of pg/vg? I'm running at 23 watts and between 50 and 70 vg as I do with every rta I own and although I'm getting really good flavor, it seems after my 3rd consecutive mtl vape, I feel the flavor drop slightly on my 3rd.....I have only had it for 3 weeks now and rebuilt about 5x's, so maybe I haven't found the sweet spot on wicking , but usually after a few wick jobs I'm pretty good at nailing...I currently have a rayon wick (also tried cotton, same results) that is definitely not thick in the tails. Just not sure if this rta may be more suited to the 15 watt range?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I probably have it 15 percent less then the prime or km3, so I will try it even more. The last rewick I put some tribecca in there which is 50/50, so that should be good. ..
PG/VG=50/50, 1 ohm coil @ 18 watts, 5-leaf insert, chimney height down 2 turns.

I am using about 25% less cotton than in KM3 or Prime and shorter wick tails. The vape seems consistent.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm finding that this RTA needs lower VG juices and less wick as compared to say the Kayfun Prime or Skyline.
I really think that this needs slightly larger wicking ports on the side of the deck as it's not the best at wicking.
As far as wattage goes , 15 watts seems to be the sweet spot for me with a 0.9 ohm coil.
Gonna try even less wick , but am doing less then my prime at the moment...I will see what happens tonight . Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread