Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Just didn't feel it brought anything different that time. B'coz those days I was already superjoyed with the k'fun twins (K-5 and K-mini v3).
It was a different geometry mostly. Fit mods and styles preferred by many.

You know I’ve been a kayfun enthusiast for years so I know my Kayfuns. I will say this. 90% of the time when I’m vaping my K19 or KM3 or K5 I am thinking they are just as good a vape as the Prime. 100% of the time I am vaping the Prime I have never thought the K19 or KM3 or K5 was better. To me, nothing has ever been a better vape than a Prime.

Tom Pope

Aug 30, 2019
Hey guys.
I'm new to the forum and have only been vaping for around 18 months and only into re-buildables for the last couple of months (the kayfun lite 2019 is only my second rta after the beserker mini 1.5). Firstly I wanted to thank all the contributors to this fascinating thread which helped inform my purchase besides making for good entertainment (Bronze it was so painful watching you wait for yours)! I thought you might like a picture of the atty on top of the equally gorgeous dot box 75 - they look like they were made for each other!
IMG_0348.jpg

Any recommendations for a longer drip tip? My favourite one so far is the nautilus mini one - do svoemesto do anything similar? Also, would someone mind pointing me in the direction of some good info or videos to help me improve my coiling and wicking? I'm using either 28 gauge kanthal or vandy vape clapton wire wound to produce about an ohm but i suspect it's my wicking that needs the most improvement (cotton bacon). I sometimes get a fairly gurgly vape with occasional leak through the airholes from time to time. Would someone mind explaining why this might be happening and offer some guidance on better wicking on the kayfun 2019? I don't want anything too fancy or complicated, just the basics. Anyway hi and thanks for any help x

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey guys.
I'm new to the forum and have only been vaping for around 18 months and only into re-buildables for the last couple of months (the kayfun lite 2019 is only my second rta after the beserker mini 1.5). Firstly I wanted to thank all the contributors to this fascinating thread which helped inform my purchase besides making for good entertainment (Bronze it was so painful watching you wait for yours)! I thought you might like a picture of the atty on top of the equally gorgeous dot box 75 - they look like they were made for each other!
View attachment 835581

Any recommendations for a longer drip tip? My favourite one so far is the nautilus mini one - do svoemesto do anything similar? Also, would someone mind pointing me in the direction of some good info or videos to help me improve my coiling and wicking? I'm using either 28 gauge kanthal or vandy vape clapton wire wound to produce about an ohm but i suspect it's my wicking that needs the most improvement (cotton bacon). I sometimes get a fairly gurgly vape with occasional leak through the airholes from time to time. Would someone mind explaining why this might be happening and offer some guidance on better wicking on the kayfun 2019? I don't want anything too fancy or complicated, just the basics. Anyway hi and thanks for any help x
Welcome, Tom! Glad you're enjoying your K19. It is indeed an awesome vape.

Longer Drip Tip: Get the 9.5mm POM insert. Best drip tip I ever had. Keeps heat way down compared to all-steel. Very comfortable too.
Kayfun 5 Drip Tip by Svoe Mesto7mm White

Videos: Check the original post on not only this thread (there are vids there), but other Kayfun threads as well. The links to our other Kayfun threads are also in the original post of this thread.

Wicking: Tends to be more critical in the smaller Kayfuns like the K19. What's important? Volume: Not too thick of a wick, not too thin of a wick. Length: Not too long, not too short. You will need to experiment with both. Change one thing at a time. The most critical is length. You want it to touch the bottom of the well and no more. From there, try different volumes. I find too much is better than too little. Lastly, keep the wick tails as far away from the center as possible. If the wicks are butted up against the airhole block it will want to go down the airhole. Keep the wick tails away from that center airhole block.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
So mine has arrived. I immediately threw in the same build as I use in my Berserker mini's. Wicked as per the nice Indian chap does in his vids and away we go. So can it match me Berserkers????? MMMMMMnnnnnnn aaaahhhh errrrrrr......dunno yet. All I can say at this point is it has potential. I'm on my second tank so that says something. I'll re wick later and try a different flavour. I find I want to like it. It's a nice tank and cost the price of three Berserkers.

Damn thing is small to build on but not especially difficult. So far it's wicking like a champ with no strange behaviour but it is a crackler. I forgot that sound.

I'll throw up some pics later comparing with the Berserker mini's. I was never expecting this tank to be three times better than my Berserkers because of the price, but if it is at least as good I'll be delighted. I'm optimistic, which is unusual.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So mine has arrived. I immediately threw in the same build as I use in my Berserker mini's. Wicked as per the nice Indian chap does in his vids and away we go. So can it match me Berserkers????? MMMMMMnnnnnnn aaaahhhh errrrrrr......dunno yet. All I can say at this point is it has potential. I'm on my second tank so that says something. I'll re wick later and try a different flavour. I find I want to like it. It's a nice tank and cost the price of three Berserkers.

Damn thing is small to build on but not especially difficult. So far it's wicking like a champ with no strange behaviour but it is a crackler. I forgot that sound.

I'll throw up some pics later comparing with the Berserker mini's. I was never expecting this tank to be three times better than my Berserkers because of the price, but if it is at least as good I'll be delighted. I'm optimistic, which is unusual.
I'm not sure if Q is an Indian but he is a nice chap. :)

Good luck with your 19.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Hey guys.
View attachment 835581

Beautiful looking set up on that Dot Mod. Just to echo what Bronze has already said about keeping the cotton away from directly under the coil.

As far as length etc, a good place to start experimenting is cut the cotton to the width of the base. Then fluff it up a bit and gently tuck it in. Shouldn’t be stuffed but shouldn’t be too light either. You’ll get there with a bit of practice.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
SfLhWnbVRf2cUJWQaNNomK50UPTRa9bB5_AMWxSFpmn4rbZ_1UJrV5pRxtNvXCrrZDhix0ShcXQd_VkLCkg2cpEqMnxWbMsbpBpdBD6UJrfTZ6xBJX1x1o4_ttwQixzIsodiKUF2qllM7P_VMGRBjpHyteDoZ5wF09VXaLUYoG5WyDssUik2kFwdYHyEOfVkI7U8JdwH010rzvMMLe53tNYO8eAW6BlRuktrpSD_Vxcsd6q7S9vTMOybLT1PtHuq29uqGv9JhXEQoJuCrUMlxB6E5J1Oa0Qsg_pyuRn31RZKw1G7nhBU0TSQpVeTO_fSxwP8alq9sphmLtwMahL_atRRMxWsQiiZV2-zkr0aQSpdVeye2QdLuju0NgVfx7MXmxDLKy-CHvGSVh7JR6opRFdeCL7hOUAL1JAitN5IbvcDiKlFLsNIzDc1b6gbT9XS16stcv9GCaEbvJEVR7IFdZEzIfjlqf6xmGBf4ApEPnVniozIWNRIjgDy7sOIesguTkUjM_EEea14efl9mYDKKwwsNVAGJDRaz_tXtXUeP4jQIc1Pcr60mMvNfx_XawuHaV0cTm20HikrqILj_XG0IY88mrJyQTDT6IK-U4FlIX1yPfdqLU9QE3n6hlZWs6KVPXUbuIYKFgtw0HTfu9yCCveYF9SDs57cS8aNt5AVot0zLfS4oXxU=w646-h861-no

Tad disappointed in the finish if I'm honest. There's areas where it looks like the final polish hasn't been done, leaving mop marks on the surface. The plastic tank is kinda gungy frosty looking and I couldn't get a post screw in at first. The tabs either side of the screw were bent inwards so I bent them out a bit to make room. It is nice though.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Thought I should pass along a great deal...

Roadside Vapes has a 20% off sale going on for everything in stock. This includes the KFL19. Code = 9219
Kayfun Lite 2019 RTA by Svoe Mesto (Authentic)

At $89.95 20% off brings it to $71.96. Can't say I've ever seen authentic Kayfun's on sale.

Not even I could pass that deal up ($75.45 w/sh). Ha, good things do come to those who wait. ;)

Roadside Vapes is a solid company. Myself and many others here have had good experiences with them.
They also have many HQ mech's if that's your thing.

Tom Pope

Aug 30, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions guys, following Bronze's recommendation I have a white 9.5mm k5 drip tip on order as the stock one isn't quite as long as i like. Also, I rebuilt last night and took a step at the end to push the cotton further away from the central air flow port and am now getting a much better, smoother vape. Out of curiosity, what causes the occasional mild pops? Its like a single crackle if that makes any sense! Doesn't seem like a major issue just wondered

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My thoughts on this minor leaking might be because, I build my coils at 2.0 to 2.2 OHM's, and my Watts are at 7.5 to 8. I think it is because of that, that the juice is not vaporizing up fast enough, which would be because the juice channels are too big. In my Billet box's that is the main cause for leaking. I could be completely wrong though, wouldn't be the first time. :unsure:

KAS
I can see that

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hey guys.
View attachment 835581

I think the 2 main things that contribute to gurgling is wicking material not being kept away from af area. Sometimes juice can feed down wire leads from wick , then seep into af hole, so wick kind of needs to be clear of deck area. Also, wick tail lenght might be too short and or wick tails in general not enough volume. I find overall that it's better to saturate tails after they are placed, sometimes if you saturate tails a bit, then place in ledges the tails become a bit solid compared to fluffy and spread out.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Thanks for the suggestions guys, following Bronze's recommendation I have a white 9.5mm k5 drip tip on order as the stock one isn't quite as long as i like. Also, I rebuilt last night and took a step at the end to push the cotton further away from the central air flow port and am now getting a much better, smoother vape. Out of curiosity, what causes the occasional mild pops? Its like a single crackle if that makes any sense! Doesn't seem like a major issue just wondered
Crackling is quite normal, especially if it's been a while since the last pull. My wife has a habit of firing the coil first, before taking a puff and it really cracks, but if you actually take a pull it doesn't happen, so I tell her not to do that. It seems that the more you draw air thru coil, the least it snaps. If the snapping is really bad, that can mean you dont have enough volume of cotton in coil

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
So. A full day using this tank and having a tinker. I like a tight draw and this is a mtl tank but I encountered the same limitations as Klaus Jedelsky did using the 1.8mm centre pin. Shutting airflow to where I like it causes an annoying whistle and the vape gets too hot for me. I had vapers tongue last night for the first time in years, so today I tried the 1.2mm pin.

That pin works set to tight without squeaking or whistling. I tried it from full open to nearly chocked off and found no whistle. Still a warmer than desired vape though so I changed my coil. From 28 gauge, 2mm id, 8 wraps, I just went down to 6 wraps and it's working well. Klaus went down to 30 gauge wire but I will likely stick with 28 gauge.

So 28 gauge, 2mm id, 6 wraps, circa 1 Ohm and vaping lovely between 11 and 12 watts. Flavour is abundant and I'm set as tight as a Berserker mini 1.5. Currently vaping FA RY4 Nutzila. Very nice indeed. I like it. It's a flavour monster.

I'm confident this rta can sit side by side with my Berserker minis.

Here's Klaus describing the same issues I found and how he fixed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread