Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Ordered Friday and arrived on Monday. I wonder how long before I unscrew the top.
27490b1578799fbd35e68e6a8c4d259d.jpg

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro TMO using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've been on the fence, but couldn't resist the 25% at Origin. Got the 22mm, which is backordered so may not see it for a couple of weeks. So, two weeks worth of buyers remorse wondering if I blew $70.
Well, the KFL19 is a great atty. I waited 3-1/2 months while mine was on backorder. I got stiffed. Hope it really is two weeks for you.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I've been on the fence, but couldn't resist the 25% at Origin. Got the 22mm, which is backordered so may not see it for a couple of weeks. So, two weeks worth of buyers remorse wondering if I blew $70.

I couldn't let the 25% go by either. I ordered the 24mm which was in stock on Friday and was vaping on it on Monday. Eric whom I spoke to many times is a great guy and he really tries his best, but I think he receives the run around from SM. You didn't blow $70 as he would return it if you change your mind.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Am I the only one who has a problem unscrewing the bottom of the LIte? Maybe because it's 24mm I find it difficult to unscrew it. Yes, the oring is well lubed as are the threads. If the bottom was a 1/4" higher I'm sure I would get a better grip I still think the Prime is the best atty SM has ever made.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Am I the only one who has a problem unscrewing the bottom of the LIte? Maybe because it's 24mm I find it difficult to unscrew it. Yes, the oring is well lubed as are the threads. If the bottom was a 1/4" higher I'm sure I would get a better grip I still think the Prime is the best atty SM has ever made.
It’s a bit hard to do with Arthur Ritis. Try not screwing it all the way down or just stick sumpin in the airhole for leverage.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I couldn't let the 25% go by either. I ordered the 24mm which was in stock on Friday and was vaping on it on Monday. Eric whom I spoke to many times is a great guy and he really tries his best, but I think he receives the run around from SM. You didn't blow $70 as he would return it if you change your mind.
I agree about Eric, and I get that he's at the mercy of the manufacturer.
I think was I was getting to about the $70 was more that I sometimes wonder if the higher priced stuff is that much better than, for example a Berserker at 1/2 the price.
And, I'm coming at it from the perspective of someone who has several high priced old mechs (GP and byLeo) that I don't much use anymore and several high priced regulated mods (Provari) that I do.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I agree about Eric, and I get that he's at the mercy of the manufacturer.
I think was I was getting to about the $70 was more that I sometimes wonder if the higher priced stuff is that much better than, for example a Berserker at 1/2 the price.
And, I'm coming at it from the perspective of someone who has several high priced old mechs (GP and byLeo) that I don't much use anymore and several high priced regulated mods (Provari) that I do.

Think of your Provari’s like a high end vehicle...would you use cheap-o gas and tires on a high end vehicle?

I wouldn’t.

That’s why I always feed my Provape mods with top-tier, quality atties from SvoeMesto!

...........and ByLeo...and KHW (Dvarw)...

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Am I the only one who has a problem unscrewing the bottom of the LIte? Maybe because it's 24mm I find it difficult to unscrew it. Yes, the oring is well lubed as are the threads.
No, you're not, it's a common issue. I have it *89% of the time.
*And sometimes it is so tight that I have to insert the tip of my tweezers into the airhole to get some leverage.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
No, you're not, it's a common issue. I have it *89% of the time.
*And sometimes it is so tight that I have to insert the tip of my tweezers into the airhole to get some leverage.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I tried juice and lip balm on the threads and still need to use the air hole for leverage.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I tried juice and lip balm on the threads and still need to use the air hole for leverage.
How often you need leverage is directly related to one's age. Old, fossilized ......s like you (and me to an extent) need it far more than young, big strapping men like Q. :)

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Think of your Provari’s like a high end vehicle...would you use cheap-o gas and tires on a high end vehicle?

I wouldn’t.

That’s why I always feed my Provape mods with top-tier, quality atties from SvoeMesto!

...........and ByLeo...and KHW (Dvarw)...

I have a friend's KFL2019 and my Provari 2.5 can't see it. The 510 is too short (the Provari has an original KFL+ clone on top and I measured the 510 connections on both atties and the 2019 is a bit shorter)
Are you using the KFL2019 on a Provari?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I have a friend's KFL2019 and my Provari 2.5 can't see it. The 510 is too short (the Provari has an original KFL+ clone on top and I measured the 510 connections on both atties and the 2019 is a bit shorter)
Are you using the KFL2019 on a Provari?

FWIW ... I just tried a 24mm KFL2019 on 2 earlier production 2.5's, standard size. It worked on one with/without the beauty ring. On the other it worked only without the beauty ring.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
FWIW ... I just tried a 24mm KFL2019 on 2 earlier production 2.5's, standard size. It worked on one with/without the beauty ring. On the other it worked only without the beauty ring.
Those beauty rings were kind of a PITA.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Those beauty rings were kind of a PITA.

Yep, over the years I've had other atty's not make connection when using the beauty ring. I still have a small stash of 510 circuit-board spacers that drop into the 510 of the Provari. Those little round spacer boards were sold by Madvapes but they stopped carrying them a long time back. They worked 'a charm' for those atty's not making contact with the beauty ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread