Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I have a friend's KFL2019 and my Provari 2.5 can't see it. The 510 is too short (the Provari has an original KFL+ clone on top and I measured the 510 connections on both atties and the 2019 is a bit shorter)
Are you using the KFL2019 on a Provari?

I have two authentic KFL 2019s and I have a Provari Mini where the 510 pin did not make contact. To resolve it, I took the bottom insulator/insulator ring that goes on the center pin just underneath the build deck (like an inverted top hat), and with 300 grit sandpaper, I took off less than a mm from the wider flat end, which is now enough for my Provari to register it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have two authentic KFL 2019s and I have a Provari Mini where the 510 pin did not make contact. To resolve it, I took the bottom insulator/insulator ring that goes on the center pin just underneath the build deck (like an inverted top hat), and with 300 grit sandpaper, I took off less than a mm from the wider flat end, which is now enough for my Provari to register it.
Nice fix.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Nice that it worked.

It just seems counter intuitive to me. For me, looking at the parts schematic, by taking a millimeter off the bottom of bushing #6 ... I would have thought the 510 pin (part# 5) would have gone into the deck (part #8) even farther making it shorter not longer.

KFL2019-Diagram.jpg

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Nice that it worked.

It just seems counter intuitive to me. For me, looking at the parts schematic, by taking a millimeter off the bottom of bushing #6 ... I would have thought the 510 pin (part# 5) would have gone into the deck (part #8) even farther making it shorter not longer.

View attachment 857401

I understand what you're saying. I looked at that diagram for reference when I was writing my response, but the assembled KFL 2019s that I received from intaste.de deviate from that picture. For mine, the bottom insulator (#6) is in between the base (Connector 510) and the center pin, and it is upside down (the thin tube part goes into the hole). For mine, the wider flat part of the bottom insulator is just before the nut on the center pin, and it can be shaved to allow the center pin to protrude more through the 510 connection.

I can't find a picture online to illustrate, but I can take a picture later if you don't believe me.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I understand what you're saying. I looked at that diagram for reference when I was writing my response, but the assembled KFL 2019s that I received from intaste.de deviate from that picture. For mine, the bottom insulator (#6) is in between the base (Connector 510) and the center pin, and it is upside down (the thin tube part goes into the hole). For mine, the wider flat part of the bottom insulator is just before the nut on the center pin, and it can be shaved to allow the center pin to protrude more through the 510 connection.

I can't find a picture online to illustrate, but I can take a picture later if you don't believe me.
I grew up near Arlington Park racetrack. How far are you from there?

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I just looked at Qorax's video, an instead of a black o-ring under the 510 pin, I have a white insulator that looks like the bottom insulator (#6). Mine are new, within the past few weeks (one is #6957 and the other is a few numbers higher). I haven't yet tried to unscrew the 510 pin from the deck to see if I have a second similar insulator above it. If yours is like this, maybe you can use a thinner o-ring?

@Bronze - I grew up in the city, and I now live in the North Shore, and I'm a half hour drive from Arlington Park (~ 16 miles).

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

I just looked at Qorax's video, an instead of a black o-ring under the 510 pin, I have a white insulator that looks like the bottom insulator (#6). Mine are new, within the past few weeks (one is #6957 and the other is a few numbers higher). I haven't yet tried to unscrew the 510 pin from the deck to see if I have a second similar insulator above it. If yours is like this, maybe you can use a thinner o-ring?

@Bronze - I grew up in the city, and I now live in the North Shore, and I'm a half hour drive from Arlington Park (~ 16 miles).

ah ha, the 'fix' is clearer now. Thanks for further explaining it

I did completely dissasemble two KFL2019's when I first got them. And now I recall that there were two insulators not 1 insulator and an o-ring. Mine are definitely 2nd batch. Even the replacements sold by Creme de Vape come with two insulators.

SvoeMesto_Kayfun_91_Lite_93__Insulator_Kit_01_w_ml.jpg

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
ah ha, the 'fix' is clearer now. Thanks for further explaining it

I did completely dissasemble two KFL2019's when I first got them. And now I recall that there were two insulators not 1 insulator and an o-ring. Mine are definitely 2nd batch. Even the replacements sold by Creme de Vape come with two insulators.

View attachment 857435

Yes, I have the insulator on the right between the Connector 510 and the Center pin, and I shaved a little off the bottom to make it a little thinner - this allows one to screw the build deck in a little bit more, and it extends the center pin further out from the 510 connection to hopefully make contact with the Provari (I only tested my KFL on two Minis, and only one had an issue). Obviously you need to insulate the center pin from the 510 connector, so one should be careful not to take too much off (and try to sand evenly).

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I have a friend's KFL2019 and my Provari 2.5 can't see it. The 510 is too short (the Provari has an original KFL+ clone on top and I measured the 510 connections on both atties and the 2019 is a bit shorter)
Are you using the KFL2019 on a Provari?

I am using all of my KFL19’s on Provape mods.

However, I am not using a v2.5

I am using Radius and P3 models.

This fix below (and subsequent conversation / re-explaining of fix) will definitely work.

So funny how time changes things...

I used to do the opposite of this to solve the “air gap” between my Provari v2.5’s and KFL+ units back in the day.

It allowed the center pin to be pulled into the 510 housing just a hair.

Always worked.

And now we are finding a need to lengthen the center pin.

Oh SvoeMesto...make up your mind!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
i never ran into it before and back in the day, i used my Provari all the time. just lucky i guess
It was marginal. Some attys worked, others didn't. Depended on how long the center pin was. I'd say most worked but there was enough that didn't that made it a PITA. My fix was to get the P3 top cap put on my P2.0 and P2.5. Problem solved.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
So..... in the new kayfun lite makes any difference how much long is the cotton to the juice channels?

Yes.

Cut it long enough to touch the bottom, but not fold onto itself.

Too long = poor liquid flow

Too short = flooding

Just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread