Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Lite - 2019 & 2021 Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
I've shown the wick-tail length in my video/s. That has been working for me fine till now.
Using your wicking method and just stuffing those tails in. Works a treat every single time. No leaks. No dry hits. Just curious though, what exactly is the thinking and the science behind the angled coil? What are the benefits of that. I used to see people build the original Lite like that years ago but never really understood why.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Using your wicking method and just stuffing those tails in. Works a treat every single time. No leaks. No dry hits. Just curious though, what exactly is the thinking and the science behind the angled coil? What are the benefits of that. I used to see people build the original Lite like that years ago but never really understood why.
I think Q is just trying to minimize the length of the wire between the coil and screw to prevent "hot legs". Never been a problem for me one way or the other but neither does Qs way hurt anything either.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I think Q is just trying to minimize the length of the wire between the coil and screw to prevent "hot legs". Never been a problem for me one way or the other but neither does Qs way hurt anything either.

Leg length also affects resistance in the coil.

I don’t understand the math behind that, but the Steam Engine coil builder website I use lists it as a factor.

I have noticed on some atomizers, when the posts are further apart, or there’s no way to avoid longer legs, my resistance readings are higher than when the legs are shorter.

So it seems to add up.

But again...science beyond my grasp.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Leg length also affects resistance in the coil.

I don’t understand the math behind that, but the Steam Engine coil builder website I use lists it as a factor.

I have noticed on some atomizers, when the posts are further apart, or there’s no way to avoid longer legs, my resistance readings are higher than when the legs are shorter.

So it seems to add up.

But again...science beyond my grasp.
Well, the more wire you use the more resistance you'll have.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It's something like flooding to the airflow

Interesting.

Well, as I’m obviously not there with you, all I can speak to is my own troubleshooting.

I dealt with a little of that to begin with, which was a first for me with a Kayfun.

What I did to solve:

Raised the coil ever so slightly higher.

This meant ever so slightly longer wick tails.

Also, when wicking, I use my tweezers to push the cotton off the deck, and away from the deck.

This solved the issue for me.

Coincidentally, it also solved the build up of condensation (or juice) which would leak down through the center pin, around the airflow screw, and onto the pin of my mod(s).

Not sure if this will help you.

Venator

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2018
If you find some time please add some pics, I try it before but doesn't changed something. This is my current build.

Attachments

• 15770928627067368640320758335469.jpg
    15770928627067368640320758335469.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
If you find some time please add some pics, I try it before but doesn't changed something. This is my current build.
Hard to tell but it looks like the well is stuffed with too much cotton. OK inside the coil. Go to the OP of this thread and look at the wick Q made. It's how I make them too.

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
Man Cave
Hi bud, here's my build on the Prime.
I figured they've got pretty much the same deck, so hopefully it'll be helpful to you.

I'm using a 7 wrap, 2.2mm ID spaced coil, and after threading the cotton through, cut one side of the tail to the 1st O-ring and the other tail to the 2nd O-ring, then pull it through till both sides are of even length.

Fluff out the tails gently, pull of excess cotton and then tuck them lightly into the well. The trick is to just feel the cotton touch the base where the wicking holes are so that the cotton still has "shoulders" on either side of the coil. I think this is the most effective in not getting any juice near the air hole. To be extra sure, I usually use a small flat head screwdriver to "clear" the space between the coil and airflow to ensure there isn't any stray cotton there.

Apologies if it's a long read, hope this helps.
0e8f2529f5824b985f817f964a715ed8.jpg

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Hard to tell but it looks like the well is stuffed with too much cotton. OK inside the coil. Go to the OP of this thread and look at the wick Q made. It's how I make them too.

The only reviewer that I have found worthy of my trust.

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Hi everyone, recent convert here. I could never see myself paying ~$100 for an atty, even after 5 years of vaping. Rdas, Rdtas, RTAs, pod systems, cartomizers, I THINK I've Vaped everything. Anyway, after too many issues with pods, I finally went back to my beloved Berserker minis. But when I saw this new Kayfun, I got really curious. Especially due to the lower profile. So I splurged and bought a 24mm Nite DLC from Creme De Vape in the UK(I'm in the US). Let me tell you, I am NOT disappointed at all. Zero buyers remorse. My poor Berserker is lonely now. I still keep it with me, as a backup, but she's neglected. Anyway I haven't had many issues, except the first time I tried to use the Lite, and today, I had this issue where my mod would lose the resistance, it would say 0.0, or ask if it was a new coil our of nowhere. Initially I was scared the 510 was too short, but after fiddling around I finally got it working, thinking maybe I shorted the coil somewhere. It's worked fine the rest of the week, then today I rebuilt, for the heck of it, and had the same issue. This time I tried a different mod, which didn't go to zero, but the resistance did double or triple in that mod. So I decided to get to the bottom of the issue. I very carefully examined the coil, deck, chimney clearance, etc. Thinking I may need to take it all apart and check my insulators. But first I decided to get my multimeter out and check everything. Post to post, right on, as expected. Positive to negative at the 510, depended on where I probed on the negative. It would be right on in some spots, and double in others. When I first got this atty, I did think it odd that even the threads we're black, and even though I'm a tool and die maker(machinist), I just guessed that that type of coating would not inhibit conductance. However, I believe I was mistaken, as was Svoe Mesto apparently. I taped the bottom and Scotch Brited the threads, and now it's working perfectly again. I think.

I should add that in my adventures, I checked the authenticity at Svoe Mesto's website, and it didn't confirm. Although, I believe this to be because they don't have the system setup properly, as there are two separate selections for "Prime" and "Prime Special Edition,' but only one Lite selection. I've emailed them to find out.

In any event, I've either discovered a couple issues that need to be addressed, or I'm an idiot who bought a pretty good clone for full price!

Sorry for such a long-winded introductory post! Just REALLY enjoying this atty and wanted to share my experiences.

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hi everyone, recent convert here. I could never see myself paying ~$100 for an atty, even after 5 years of vaping. Rdas, Rdtas, RTAs, pod systems, cartomizers, I THINK I've Vaped everything. Anyway, after too many issues with pods, I finally went back to my beloved Berserker minis. But when I saw this new Kayfun, I got really curious. Especially due to the lower profile. So I splurged and bought a 24mm Nite DLC from Creme De Vape in the UK(I'm in the US). Let me tell you, I am NOT disappointed at all. Zero buyers remorse. My poor Berserker is lonely now. I still keep it with me, as a backup, but she's neglected. Anyway I haven't had many issues, except the first time I tried to use the Lite, and today, I had this issue where my mod would lose the resistance, it would say 0.0, or ask if it was a new coil our of nowhere. Initially I was scared the 510 was too short, but after fiddling around I finally got it working, thinking maybe I shorted the coil somewhere. It's worked fine the rest of the week, then today I rebuilt, for the heck of it, and had the same issue. This time I tried a different mod, which didn't go to zero, but the resistance did double or triple in that mod. So I decided to get to the bottom of the issue. I very carefully examined the coil, deck, chimney clearance, etc. Thinking I may need to take it all apart and check my insulators. But first I decided to get my multimeter out and check everything. Post to post, right on, as expected. Positive to negative at the 510, depended on where I probed on the negative. It would be right on in some spots, and double in others. When I first got this atty, I did think it odd that even the threads we're black, and even though I'm a tool and die maker(machinist), I just guessed that that type of coating would not inhibit conductance. However, I believe I was mistaken, as was Svoe Mesto apparently. I taped the bottom and Scotch Brited the threads, and now it's working perfectly again. I think.

I should add that in my adventures, I checked the authenticity at Svoe Mesto's website, and it didn't confirm. Although, I believe this to be because they don't have the system setup properly, as there are two separate selections for "Prime" and "Prime Special Edition,' but only one Lite selection. I've emailed them to find out.

In any event, I've either discovered a couple issues that need to be addressed, or I'm an idiot who bought a pretty good clone for full price!

Sorry for such a long-winded introductory post! Just REALLY enjoying this atty and wanted to share my experiences.

SM’s website has always been a little weird with the serial verification thing...

But regardless of that, I can say for absolute certain that if you bought from Keith & Lisa at Cloud 9...I mean Creme De Vape...you were NOT bamboozled...

And if it does turn out that you were sold a clone (not even remotely possible), it means THEY were ripped off first.

CDV is one of the few HONEST online vendors left in the world. If they say it’s real, it’s real...because I think they buy directly from SM.

Anywho...weird that the threads are coated.

I don’t know if mine are, as I also have the same 24mm DLC edition...among my 7 KFL-19’s.

I haven’t looked at the threads in a while, and it’s in the other room at the moment...but I haven’t had any issues with any of my Lites giving bad readings.

Just make sure that positive block is nice and tight...sometimes they’re a little loose from the factory.

Tip: Steam Tuners has an AWESOME top fill kit for the Lite-2019, in both 22mm & 24mm...so if you’re missing the top fill feature of your previous tank, you CAN get it back. Just not in black...so don’t be picky about the color mismatch.

And WELCOME...to the dark side!

(And yes, all the rest of you...I KNOW I talk about that gosh-danged Steam Tuners Top Fill Kit all the time...because I love it. Aaaaaaand SM really dropped the ball in leaving that feature out...especially seeing as how easily Steam Tuners implemented it. End rant.)

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
United States
I truly believe it's authentic, I just don't understand why a company with the reputation and respect Svoe Mesto has, wouldn't have their website together better. And my initial thought was that maybe CdV unknowingly received clones somehow if it was. I never had it in my mind that they were scamming or anything.

In any event, the resistance thing did happen again after all that. So I took it all apart and gave everything a visual inspection and clean up. Everything looked fine. So I put it all back together and so far so good. Nothing felt loose at all, but my resistance was a little lower than before, on the same coil, and it seems to be more stable when I remove and replace the atomiser. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if it's settled now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread