Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Lite - 2019 & 2021 Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
After long time I'm back unfortunately with bad news, anyone here and in the prime thread knows my problem, I love my kayfun's and I'm not gonna sell them because it's gift's from my wife but I seriously considering leave them and buy some factory atomisers, every simple method I try doesn't make any difference, after almost a day that working flawlessly suddenly becomes more restricted like is dropping juice in the airflow and I've tried 2 more rta(not kf) and have the same problems, I really don't understand what's happening.
If you do go the way of another atomizer the Ares MTL (v1 or v2) and the Dvarw MTL are both great atomizers and both are very forgiving in building.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I'm really digging the smaller form factors on RTA's these days. Especially compared to my KFL's and Russian's which look like giant MEGA tanks now. And they are!
IMG_0208cr.jpg

KFL19, Dvarw MTL FL, Pocket v2 (all 2ml). At the tank level the Dvarw FL is 1mm taller than the KFL19 and the Pocket is 2mm taller. If the Pocket didn't have top fill it would be the same height as the KFL19. No way could I say if one is better than the other in a blind/deaf test. All three hit hard and are same flavor wise IMO.

B-b-but... if I was knowingly gonna be stuck somewhere I'll always pick a Kayfun over any other. Didn't even need to burn any brain cells thinking on that. :D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey guys ! It's been quite a few months since I checked in to ecf. Been here for 8 years and it seems every few years I get a little burnt out and take a break. Hope everyone is staying safe and vaping hard
Been thinking about you lately and figuring you'd be back eventually. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Was there a thread for Kaufun Lite and Kayfun Lite Plus?
Asking because I got a freebie from my dealer, looks to be a Kayfun Lite, colour is silver.
There are/were in the general forum but they’ve been mothballed for a long time. Feel free to discuss them here. Most of us still have our Kayfun Lites.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    There are/were in the general forum but they’ve been mothballed for a long time. Feel free to discuss them here. Most of us still have our Kayfun Lites.
    thank you.
    I saw a few youtube videos tonight, one of them angled the wire and used cotton.
    Is that the way you also wire & wick your lite?

Since I got addicted to my prime I had to order a Lite’19

Reactions: AstroTurf

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    thank you.
    I saw a few youtube videos tonight, one of them angled the wire and used cotton.
    Is that the way you also wire & wick your lite?

Since I got addicted to my prime I had to order a Lite’19
    Not certain what you mean by angled but I can say nothing about my coils are angled. Every thing runs parallel or at right angles. Some people angle their coils to achieve shorter legs. The benefit is eliminating hot spots on the legs and less resistance. Truthfully, in my mind, those benefits add up to a fart in a windstorm for me. And yes, I use Ko Gen Do Japanese cotton. Makes for a nice wick. Both the original and plus KFL wick up real nice. Not finicky at all.

chuckcabbage

May 7, 2018
    Not posted for an age either. KFL 19 22 is working great for me. Just bought the new Lost Vape mod last week and it suits it well.

Question, if I try Temp Control, which I want to check out, 28g wire on order - what Temp would I use? General guide is currently vaping KFL 19 22 at 12 watts on a 1.4 build with boost (which works great).

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Not posted for an age either. KFL 19 22 is working great for me. Just bought the new Lost Vape mod last week and it suits it well.

Question, if I try Temp Control, which I want to check out, 28g wire on order - what Temp would I use? General guide is currently vaping KFL 19 22 at 12 watts on a 1.4 build with boost (which works great).
    No one can determine the best temp for you. You’ll have to find that on your own. I’m at 420f. Others are at 380 and others at 450. I think you’re probably best to start out low and work your way up. Start with 380-400. Try it awhile then go up 10 degrees at a time until you hit your sweet spot.

chuckcabbage

May 7, 2018
    No one can determine the best temp for you. You’ll have to find that on your own. I’m at 420f. Others are at 380 and others at 450. I think you’re probably best to start out low and work your way up. Start with 380-400. Try it awhile then go up 10 degrees at a time until you hit your sweet spot.
    Thanks, this is the kind of advice I was looking for. I had no idea what kind of figures to start with.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

When I vape (I'm an MTL-low wattage vaper) in TC mode, I build my ss coil close to 1Ω or less, set my wattage at 25W, temperature at 380°F or so, and take it from there. I try not to exceed 420°F for safety reasons.

chuckcabbage

May 7, 2018
    When I vape (I'm an MTL-low wattage vaper) in TC mode, I build my ss coil close to 1Ω or less, set my wattage at 25W, temperature at 380°F or so, and take it from there. I try not to exceed 420°F for safety reasons.
    I just thought with the functions of the new mod I bought I should try the Temp Control and Replay options and see how that compares to straight Watts power.

Question. Do I just use Temp or Watts also. Wire on the way, will do a new build at the weekend. Thanks in advance.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Question. Do I just use Temp or Watts also. Wire on the way, will do a new build at the weekend. Thanks in advance.

If I understood your question correctly... I always set my watts and temp in TC mode.

If you're asking whether to use power vs TC mode, it comes down to personal preference, I guess. Try both. If you build a ~1Ω ss coil it will work just fine in straight power mode and in TC. Experiment. We're all different and it takes some time to find your sweet spot. Trial and error.

Happy vaping!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread