Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
In April I had ordered 2 more 24mm KFL19's, just to have as spares for later. On Monday I got one of them out to try a different recipe in, and found that the negative screw would not screw in all the way. I checked the other one, and it was the same. I now have the 2 replacement parts on their way to me from CDV, I should have them by Tuesday. :) I was wondering though, does any one know what metric size these are tapped to, and if it is possible to just chase the threads on them? :unsure: They don't want the bad parts back, so if I could just chase the threads, I could just have them as spares. :|

KAS

Kas, I think it's the screws not the threads in the deck. At least that was the problem in the beginning. My KFL19's came with a note to 'not force the screw, try another until you get one that fits".

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Kas, I think it's the screws not the threads in the deck. At least that was the problem in the beginning. My KFL19's came with a note to 'not force the screw, try another until you get one that fits".

When the screws would not screw in I pulled the screws from one of my working ones, and same thing, would not screw in, so it was not the screws. :|

KAS

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
In April I had ordered 2 more 24mm KFL19's, just to have as spares for later. On Monday I got one of them out to try a different recipe in, and found that the negative screw would not screw in all the way. I checked the other one, and it was the same. I now have the 2 replacement parts on their way to me from CDV, I should have them by Tuesday. :) I was wondering though, does any one know what metric size these are tapped to, and if it is possible to just chase the threads on them? :unsure: They don't want the bad parts back, so if I could just chase the threads, I could just have them as spares. :|

KAS
You may have an oddball but historically I believe Mike is correct. I do not know the size of those screws. Are they specified in the OP diagrams?

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
You may have an oddball but historically I believe Mike is correct. I do not know the size of those screws. Are they specified in the OP diagrams?

Yeah I know, I was really surprised, I tried all the screws in the package, and when none of them would go in, I just took one off one in use, and same thing. I seems like I read that someone had a similar problem, a while back. Who knows though, my memory is not that good anymore.
I just took a look at the Svoemesto site, and I did not see any sizes anywhere, but I also could have missed it. I am not sure I have ever even seen a tap this small before, it might not even be possible. :unsure:

KAS

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey all!

Long time no see!

Kas, I wish I had any advice to add to your dilemma, but it sounds like you’re on the same troubleshooting path I would take.

On other note, today I discovered something surprising!

I found that the nylon airflow screws are compatible with the airflow of the Kayfun v4!!!

I recently acquired a SunBox Zero Nega 2

The atomizer drop on this device is very large, so I had to crack open the vault and find a “tall” tank in my collection...because even in Long Mode, the KF19 is too short!

After years of using DVARW, Calix, and even the Kayfun Lite 2019, I’ve been spoiled by Nano tanks...but they’re all far too short to use on this particular side-by-side mod.

Enter...or RE-enter...the Kayfun v4.

I forgot how much I truly love this tank.

After building it out, I realized that the internal airflow adjustment screw was a tad loose for my intended purpose...I never used the 4S-kit for these tanks...I just took the airflow screw out and loved the airflow that way.

Well, I knew the Kayfun Lite 2019’s had nylon screws, which are perfectly snug in regards to threading...so I gave it a shot.

I had to dig through some boxes to find the original “failure” short versions, as all of mine have been swapped to the longer nylon screws.

I popped the shorty into the Kayfun v4 airflow, and VOILA!!!! I was able to dial in my preferred MTL airflow, and it doesn’t come loose anymore!

I also had to dig out the 510 base, as all mine had been converted to P3 threaded bases...geez I wish Provape had been able to release their plan for a 60-watt Radius chipset side-by-side mod...curse the FDA.

It’s moments like this, that I am glad I hoarded my collection...otherwise I’d be up a creek without a paddle!

Here’s a pic! (I would NEVER use this large of a tank on a Radius or Dani Mini...it’s WAY too tall.)
06a4cea22f7231d5620a0ccbd0cbd40a.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey all!

Long time no see!

Kas, I wish I had any advice to add to your dilemma, but it sounds like you’re on the same troubleshooting path I would take.

On other note, today I discovered something surprising!

I found that the nylon airflow screws are compatible with the airflow of the Kayfun v4!!!

I recently acquired a SunBox Zero Nega 2

The atomizer drop on this device is very large, so I had to crack open the vault and find a “tall” tank in my collection...because even in Long Mode, the KF19 is too short!

After years of using DVARW, Calix, and even the Kayfun Lite 2019, I’ve been spoiled by Nano tanks...but they’re all far too short to use on this particular side-by-side mod.

Enter...or RE-enter...the Kayfun v4.

I forgot how much I truly love this tank.

After building it out, I realized that the internal airflow adjustment screw was a tad loose for my intended purpose...I never used the 4S-kit for these tanks...I just took the airflow screw out and loved the airflow that way.

Well, I knew the Kayfun Lite 2019’s had nylon screws, which are perfectly snug in regards to threading...so I gave it a shot.

I had to dig through some boxes to find the original “failure” short versions, as all of mine have been swapped to the longer nylon screws.

I popped the shorty into the Kayfun v4 airflow, and VOILA!!!! I was able to dial in my preferred MTL airflow, and it doesn’t come loose anymore!

I also had to dig out the 510 base, as all mine had been converted to P3 threaded bases...geez I wish Provape had been able to release their plan for a 60-watt Radius chipset side-by-side mod...curse the FDA.

It’s moments like this, that I am glad I hoarded my collection...otherwise I’d be up a creek without a paddle!

Here’s a pic! (I would NEVER use this large of a tank on a Radius or Dani Mini...it’s WAY too tall.)
06a4cea22f7231d5620a0ccbd0cbd40a.jpg
Yeah, those 4s were big honkers by today’s standards.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
29a0c860b655ee7cea3f610c8e59887e.jpg

WOOHOO!!!!

There are few things I still get truly excited about these days, since most everything is just Chinese garbage, or “Cloudz Bro!” hype trains...

But, aside from new Atmizoo gear, SvoëMestö releasing a NEW Kayfun is one of those things!

Hoping this adds juice control/top-fill to the [2019] platform!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
29a0c860b655ee7cea3f610c8e59887e.jpg

WOOHOO!!!!

There are few things I still get truly excited about these days, since most everything is just Chinese garbage, or “Cloudz Bro!” hype trains...

But, aside from new Atmizoo gear, SvoëMestö releasing a NEW Kayfun is one of those things!

Hoping this adds juice control/top-fill to the [2019] platform!
Can't tell what changed.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    • [NEW!] AEROKON Airflow Control
    • [NEW!] MTL Drip Tip Figura
    • [NEW!] Dome+
    • [NEU!] PSU window
    • extremely compact - only 33mm height!
    • comaptible with Kayfun [lite] tank-acessories
    • 3-step quick fill
    • PEEK insulator
    • external airflow control (continuous adjustment)
    • 316L stainless steel
    • 510 connector
    • serial number authentification
    • easy disassembly and maintenance
    • premium quality „Made in Germany“

• Airflow: continuously
      Length (visible): 33mm
      product category: Atomizer
      Airflow Control: internal
      Color: stainless steel
      Connection: 510
      Filling: Bottom Fill
      Material: NBR-70
      Surface: brushed
      Tank Volume: 5ml
      diameter: 24mm
      vaping style: MTL

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    It is not so long since I bought my first KFL19, 24mm, very satisfied, so satisfied that I ordered another and 22mm tank as well.

I'm tired of all these good Chinese tanks, some of them are good but they are nowhere near the SvoeMesto. Buying less but better quality is my goal for 2021.

This new KFL21, Klaus Jedelsky has got an example, he is going through the KFL21 in 45 minute from now

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    That is not what I was hoping for. :(

I don't think I will be able to get this, maybe if I could get just a center pin, it might be possible. Something new like this in the USA, is going to be hard to get. :|

KAS
    I got changed so that I get KFL21 instead of KFL19, but I do not think it matters that much, 21 vs 19.

It is a shame the rules that have been introduced in the US, we can quickly end up with similar here in Norway as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread