Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
what thinkest thou?

I never seen those types of ceramic coils, but bet they are tasty. The absolute best flavor I have ever had from a tank was a genesis tank and porous ceramic wicks. They were very fragile however and not cheap. The closest I seen to that type was the Boden white ceramic wicks or German which were the pinnacle, but never seen them with a coil in them. I still have a few ceramic wicks and vape them occasionally, but those seem neat. Did you see how he broke it? I guess that hasn't changed, because they were fragile for sure.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I really enjoyed the incorporation of orings on a tank section that requires none.
I wonder why he used them? I thought perhaps he used them to gain a little extra space for that ceramic wick set up, but not sure if that really adds anything?

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I never seen those types of ceramic coils, but bet they are tasty. The absolute best flavor I have ever had from a tank was a genesis tank and porous ceramic wicks. They were very fragile however and not cheap. The closest I seen to that type was the Boden white ceramic wicks or German which were the pinnacle, but never seen them with a coil in them. I still have a few ceramic wicks and vape them occasionally, but those seem neat. Did you see how he broke it? I guess that hasn't changed, because they were fragile for sure.....

it was too tall for the chamber.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I wonder why he used them? I thought perhaps he used them to gain a little extra space for that ceramic wick set up, but not sure if that really adds anything?

i think the orings are a preview of things to come in K19 Style RTAs.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Hardness chart top three...

1. Diamond
2. Tungsten
3. Ceramic

But yes, very brittle.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hardness chart top three...

1. Diamond
2. Tungsten
3. Ceramic

But yes, very brittle.
The ceramic wicks that first came out were black and soft, then the white ones came. I think it's the way they were made, like airy that made them soft. I think today's ceramic wicks are more like one would think of ceramics, but those old ones were not very dense. I wonder if he got that wick from one of those c-cells, like snatched it out of the casing?

chuckcabbage

May 7, 2018
How does the new KF L19 stack up against the Prime? Asking before I pull the trigger and order one when Creme de Vape have them back in-stock? I honestly didn't think you could get a better MTL than the Prime. I have Prime and clone and other than occasional (very occasional) drips here and there they're both superb.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It's funny, was just googling ceramic wicks and seen the old fc2000 wicks. It lead me to my old fc2000 thread I started in 2013 and started to read. The funny thing is wire gauge, I was a 28g guy while most used 32g and 30, but I couldn't use 28 initially on the ceramic because I received the small diameter rods. There are multiple posts of people considering me as a thick wire, low ohm vapor which was the case. using 28g and 1 ohm back then is like equivalent to 20 gauge and like .1 ohms today. Things have surely changed. I also can remember in other threads back then, that people thought those who used 28g and barely under 1 ohm as reckless ..

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
How does the new KF L19 stack up against the Prime? Asking before I pull the trigger and order one when Creme de Vape have them back in-stock? I honestly didn't think you could get a better MTL than the Prime. I have Prime and clone and other than occasional (very occasional) drips here and there they're both superb.
My personal take on the comparison is, vape wise about equal. Both have exceptional flavor and vapor, if there are differences, they are minute and perhaps I'm seeing a very very slight edge in flavor to the new lite. My biggest reason for liking the lite better is size and minimalism, I just like not having all the bells and whistles

chuckcabbage

May 7, 2018
My personal take on the comparison is, vape wise about equal. Both have exceptional flavor and vapor, if there are differences, they are minute and perhaps I'm seeing a very very slight edge in flavor to the new lite. My biggest reason for liking the lite better is size and minimalism, I just like not having all the bells and whistles

Great, thanks for the detailed advice, much appreciated. Will order one when they re-stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread