Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Lite - 2019 & 2021 Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Boy, Klaus goes on a long time about how he had to reduce his coil size to tame the heat in his 19. It's something I don't worry about using temp control.

I wasn’t aware you use Temp Control...

I was finding a LOT of unstoppable condensation from my last build...even after installing a second airflow grub, for a total of two grubs installed.

Took the tank apart, and discovered I’d somehow thrown a 2.4mm coil in there.

Rebuilt it back to a 2.0mm coil, re-wicked, and not a single gurgle since.

Bronze, you’re using Temp Control...?

Or am I mis-remembering something...?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

I was finding a LOT of unstoppable condensation from my last build...even after installing a second airflow grub, for a total of two grubs installed.

HB, I've been using temp control the better part of two years now. As I mentioned to others, I made the switch initially only because I wanted to "play". And I really didn't notice much of a change in the experience to be honest but I kept using it. Then it was a few months later and I broke out my Radius again and it was then I realized there was a much bigger difference than I originally thought. I was sold on temp control and haven't looked back. I believe the reason why it took me so long to figure out the improvement was because I gradually changed my vaping style. With power mode, I was using the fire button as a throttle to control heat and volume by toggling it on and off. That goes away with temp control. I push the fire button once. As a result, I get a fuller, tastier hit. I can't say for certain if this applies to every person, but in my case it did. I think it just depends on how one vapes. Temp control was a significant improvement for me.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Spot the nKFL :unsure:

Symphony with Others2.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

Perhaps the reason a smaller coil has less condensation is that there is less wick amounts in that danger zone, which is that area where the tails might rub against the deck area, or perhaps because your coil is less diameter, it is now slightly longer (if you kept resistance the same as the bigger coil) which puts the danger zone further out away from the deck edge?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Perhaps the reason a smaller coil has less condensation is that there is less wick amounts in that danger zone, which is that area where the tails might rub against the deck area, or perhaps because your coil is less diameter, it is now slightly longer (if you kept resistance the same as the bigger coil) which puts the danger zone further out away from the deck edge?

I think you are right

I also think a larger coil retains more residual heat, and therefore continues to vaporize liquid after the hit is done.

That vaporized liquid is now thinner when it condenses inside the chamber, and is not inhaled, and takes the path of least resistance...straight down the airflow.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I think you are right

I also think a larger coil retains more residual heat, and therefore continues to vaporize liquid after the hit is done.

That vaporized liquid is now thinner when it condenses inside the chamber, and is not inhaled, and takes the path of least resistance...straight down the airflow.
I haven't thought of that one, could be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread