Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Mini V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've checked in and have their answer. If there's enough interest here in purchasing the Mini V3, they'd contact svoemesto and see if they can place an order. I do know there were times when ordering wasn't possible - but maybe SV has more stock available now.

If any of you are seriously interested, please let me know here or via PM if you prefer that. Thanks all!
+1 for me

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
For me it's k5 followed by Calix v2 then a toss up between kfl+ and the Ruzgar. Once I get a KFM it will probably be right behind the 5
The K5 and KM3 produce a very similar vape. Very saturated and satisfying. From there, it's more a matter of profile and convenience. The K5 is more convenient from a capacity standpoint (and exterior airflow control if that matters to anyone). The KM3 is smaller and looks and feels better on most mods (especially box mods). But then that is subjective. I use my KM3 mostly. Have it on my Radius. The two just seem to be made for one another.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
HHV_July_4th_Sale_2017_v2.jpg

(Posting this here for all who don't head over to the full HHV subforum) :)

CELEBRATE FREEDOM

As we celebrate freedom this Fourth of July, we want to thank our customers. Enjoy 15% savings on all of our custom and Artisan Reserve e-liquids through midnight Eastern, Tuesday, 7/4. HHV continues to fight for the freedom to vape and we couldn't do that without you! Use sale code HHV4TH15 during checkout. Use your Heather's Points to enjoy additional savings! Log in to find out how many Points you have. Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!

BE AN HHV VIP

Simply sign up for our twice monthly newsletter or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Our subscribers and followers just enjoyed an extra special one day VIP sale! Don't miss the next one!

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
Just ordered my first rebuildable ever, an authentic Kayfun mini 3 from Origin Vapes! Am wondering if there is a tool/coil kit that you'all have found useful. I usually get best (current, with Aspire coils) vape at 1.6ohms. I love black Note Solo which really gunks my coils fast! Anyway, I'd like to get only what I really NEED to build coils. I've decided what medium for wicks and for coils, but now need to know what tools and gauge wire and which coil-roller dealie I need for around that ohm range. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
at a minimum, a 2.5mm screwdriver or drill bit and a pair of sharp scissors will do it! Dont know what you mean by medium really but I assume you want to use kanthal, so for that kind of Ω i would go for 28g - check out this to help deciding wraps etc

Coil wrapping

Dont be too dogmatic about it. Try a few builds to get your hand in so-to-speak. Make sure your mod/batt combo is up to whatever task you are planning for it. Have fun with it and most important, be safe!! If you have doubts/problems, pipe up before trying something new and plenty of folks will chime in with advice!!!!

go to it!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
at a minimum, a 2.5mm screwdriver or drill bit and a pair of sharp scissors will do it! Dont know what you mean by medium really but I assume you want to use kanthal, so for that kind of Ω i would go for 28g - check out this to help deciding wraps etc

Coil wrapping

Dont be too dogmatic about it. Try a few builds to get your hand in so-to-speak. Make sure your mod/batt combo is up to whatever task you are planning for it. Have fun with it and most important, be safe!! If you have doubts/problems, pipe up before trying something new and plenty of folks will chime in with advice!!!!

go to it!!
What he said ^^^

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Just ordered my first rebuildable ever, an authentic Kayfun mini 3 from Origin Vapes! Am wondering if there is a tool/coil kit that you'all have found useful. I usually get best (current, with Aspire coils) vape at 1.6ohms. I love black Note Solo which really gunks my coils fast! Anyway, I'd like to get only what I really NEED to build coils. I've decided what medium for wicks and for coils, but now need to know what tools and gauge wire and which coil-roller dealie I need for around that ohm range. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Congrats on your purchase! It's true you can wrap coils on a drill bit. I gave in and picked up a set of Kuro Koiler winding tools and love them. It was worth the small investment to me because I can now make pretty much perfect micro coils in minutes. There's a video at this link to see how they work.

Kuro Koiler CW Coil Winders Wire Coiling Tool by Kuro Concepts

Using this I don't need to crimp the coil with a micro pliers or tweezers - which I wasn't very good at without mangling it.

The 2mm diameter, 28 gauge, 10/11 wraps should get you to 1.6 ohms.

Look up strum techniques for getting rid of hot spots. It's amazing and again, works better than pinching with tweezers if you use the coil winder.

Have fun! You'll love the money you'll save.

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida

Coil wrapping

go to it!!

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
I could KISS you'all (am female, named Keith after my dad, so don't get upset with me guys)! I thought replies to my post would go to my personal email, so didn't realize you had answered until just now. Thank you SO much! Am reading your answers and playing with the steam engine chart now, and will be back soon with my questions. Just knowing there is help available has given me courage to keep on. honestly, this morning had almost talked myself into returning Kayfun when it comes. When I said "medium" I meant using Kanthal wire (now I see there are several different Kanthal specs ) and Japanese cotton for wicking, but am open on wicking material for those with better idea. Thanks again, will be back....hope all are having a good day!
Keith

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I could KISS you'all (am female, named Keith after my dad, so don't get upset with me guys)! I thought replies to my post would go to my personal email, so didn't realize you had answered until just now. Thank you SO much! Am reading your answers and playing with the steam engine chart now, and will be back soon with my questions. Just knowing there is help available has given me courage to keep on. honestly, this morning had almost talked myself into returning Kayfun when it comes. When I said "medium" I meant using Kanthal wire (now I see there are several different Kanthal specs ) and Japanese cotton for wicking, but am open on wicking material for those with better idea. Thanks again, will be back....hope all are having a good day!
Keith
Good luck. We'll be here.

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
Hot damn, woohoo, I did it. Read every single post on this thread! I'm a new to me owner of a KFM 3, which I am loving BTW. I have 3 auth KF5 but have not yet built them. I will now that I've tackled the KFM 3. I'm strictly MTL and a Tootle Puffer, high ohms, low watts. Provari, Kabuki, Zen Ginnies and now KAYFUNS. Lots of great info here, tutorials and kind folk. I think I will keep up with the posts. Vape on!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hot damn, woohoo, I did it. Read every single post on this thread! I'm a new to me owner of a KFM 3, which I am loving BTW. I have 3 auth KF5 but have not yet built them. I will now that I've tackled the KFM 3. I'm strictly MTL and a Tootle Puffer, high ohms, low watts. Provari, Kabuki, Zen Ginnies and now KAYFUNS. Lots of great info here, tutorials and kind folk. I think I will keep up with the posts. Vape on!
Congrats D. I'm sure you will like your KM3. I like both the K5 and the mini. I mostly use my mini simply because I like the small profile. I'm looking forward to the new K5 coming out soon. It's a smaller version of the K5 to meet Euro capacity limits.

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
Congrats D. I'm sure you will like your KM3. I like both the K5 and the mini. I mostly use my mini simply because I like the small profile. I'm looking forward to the new K5 coming out soon. It's a smaller version of the K5 to meet Euro capacity limits.

@Bronze, Thank you very much! I am enjoying it, just placed an order for the larger stainless tank, as well as several replacement parts and pieces. It is a gem!

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
Hi All, so got my Kayfun mini 3 today. It's beautiful and deck is SOOO much smaller than I dreamed it would be based on photos and videos of it. I read everything that came with Kayfun mini 3 that was in English, cleaned it, lubed it (thanks Quorox) and put a coil I'd made on it. I could not see well and needed a magnifying glass to check everything. The coil registered 1.82ish ohms on my mod, but I could not get the coils to glow, despite squeezing it to compress and strumming it, lol. I really think I NEED one of those dealies you wear for close up work. I read in a post of vapedivers (sp) from spring of last year, that he uses them. What are they called again, please? And also, if someone could recommend a decent reasonably priced one if know of one? Only other thing I can think of is to get a lot stronger reading glasses. Thanks!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hi All, so got my Kayfun mini 3 today. It's beautiful and deck is SOOO much smaller than I dreamed it would be based on photos and videos of it. I read everything that came with Kayfun mini 3 that was in English, cleaned it, lubed it (thanks Quorox) and put a coil I'd made on it. I could not see well and needed a magnifying glass to check everything. The coil registered 1.82ish ohms on my mod, but I could not get the coils to glow, despite squeezing it to compress and strumming it, lol. I really think I NEED one of those dealies you wear for close up work. I read in a post of vapedivers (sp) from spring of last year, that he uses them. What are they called again, please? And also, if someone could recommend a decent reasonably priced one if know of one? Only other thing I can think of is to get a lot stronger reading glasses. Thanks!
If you put "Magnifier Lamp" in the Amazon search box you'll get 3 billion choices. Just beware...you'll use it for more than just coils. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread