Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm very disappointed with my prime, every combination of wicking I try after a day I have problems. And the main problem is always the airflow come restricted which assume is because juice threw it, I don't know what to do. 50/50 pg-vg, 28ga with 1.29 ohm resistance at 14 watts, with cb prime for wicking material.
So the air flow is restrictive because your getting juice in it? Like gurgling? Your wicking looks pretty darn good imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AstroTurf

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm very disappointed with my prime, every combination of wicking I try after a day I have problems. And the main problem is always the airflow come restricted which assume is because juice threw it, I don't know what to do. 50/50 pg-vg, 28ga with 1.29 ohm resistance at 14 watts, with cb prime for wicking material.
For starters, don't give up. You're hardly the first one to go thru a learning curve with this atomizer. The Prime is more finicky than previous Svoemesto attys. But once you dial it in it is no problem.

Based on what you are saying (juice suffocating the airway) and judging from your pictures it appears you have an abundance of wick stuffed in your wells. Try using less wick. A heavily saturated puffy wick can be a juice conduit going to the deck which is where your air hole is. Your coil looks plenty big enuf so you could make a smaller diameter coil too. Keep the wick as far to the outside (and away from the airhole deck) as possible. You can use a narrower wick and narrower coil to help you out.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The photos is from my phone so it isn't too good but the diameter is 2.5 also for the coil, I make it a bit spaced because I think in this way I can keep the cotton away from the air hole.
Try different stuff. You'll get there eventually.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
The photos is from my phone so it isn't too good but the diameter is 2.5 also for the coil, I make it a bit spaced because I think in this way I can keep the cotton away from the air hole.

By chance do you have the air flow setup to be on the restrictive/tight side? If so you could be 'pulling' juice into the wick/chamber when you are drawing on the atty?

I use a 2.5 mm dia coil (7 wraps of 28g kanthal spaced) at 10 watts and have the juice control open 1 1/2 turns. So, we're pretty similar in that respect.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
vapdivrr yes like gurgling, I checked all the orings and changed to be sure, the only think I can think is the watts, I run it at 14, by the way the jc is opened 1and a bit more.
Like bronze said, perhaps you could have a tad too much in wells, but it's very close. The only time I get seepage of slight gurgle is with the actual lenght of tails. If perhaps they are a tad to short you can get that. Maybe try to reduce the bulk of tails a little and make sure they are definitely sitting on ledge, also try moving the ends of the tails slightly inwards away from the 2 juice holes just incase the wick lenght is now a bit too long. Also try filling tank and before you open juice control, flip tank up side down. Then open jc , wait a few seconds and flip right side up...just curious what will happen doing this

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
vapdivrr yes like gurgling, I checked all the orings and changed to be sure, the only think I can think is the watts, I run it at 14, by the way the jc is opened 1and a bit more.
Could also be a thin juice, low wattage, far apart wraps, and over wicking causing juice just to drip down and into af. I wonder if a tighter wrapped coil would help? Like barely spaced?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
By chance do you have the air flow setup to be on the restrictive/tight side? If so you could be 'pulling' juice into the wick/chamber when you are drawing on the atty?

I use a 2.5 mm dia coil (7 wraps of 28g kanthal spaced) at 10 watts and have the juice control open 1 1/2 turns. So, we're pretty similar in that respect.
Good point.....tight af and a big hard pull can bring in a lot

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I have the air in the 4 pips, I always turn my tank upside down. It will be funny if at the end is the way I puff( My English is like my builds).
Bronze did mention about the juice possibly sneaking down via the coil edges which maybe happening. Sometimes if the wick is slightly bushy right where the coil leads attach to posts, juice can kind of drip down. So another thing to try is to push that part of the wick away, towards the outside and away from af hole. Or either spread out the coil or add another wrap, this should extend that part of the wick away from af hole...just another possibility to try....if you do try and spread out coil and the gurgling get worse, then perhaps it is just over wicking and perhaps a closer wrapped coil might help (but then you might have to add another wrap?)

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Got my other 2 kayfun primes cleaned and built, now the only tank being used :)

65591FEB-2399-479B-8DFA-B40045FD8DE8.jpeg

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
    Jul 5, 2016
    Canterbury, New Zealand
    Sorry for double post, I have a question: did you manage to check the authenticity on svoemesto.de? I get this message: We're sorry, your search did not return a result.
    Svoemesto have a notice out that they are having a problem with the authentication program. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread