Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venator

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2018
Here I am again, I make a 2 diameter coil but the problem remains. Can someone give a photo of how high must be the coil? I know it must be over the 2mm am I right? But a photo could help me, because if it's too high it gonna touch the chimney correct? I don't see what's the different in my build and the builds I saw in videos.

Reactions: AstroTurf

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Here I am again, I make a 2 diameter coil but the problem remains. Can someone give a photo of how high must be the coil? I know it must be over the 2mm am I right? But a photo could help me, because if it's too high it gonna touch the chimney correct? I don't see what's the different in my build and the builds I saw in videos.

I've got my coil about 1.5 mm above the airflow. 1.5 mm gap between the airflow and the bottom of the coil. I also got a 2.5 diameter coil. Not sure if this helps at all, but good luck.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

This is a 2.5mm id coil. It sits about 1.5-2mm above the air hole. The wicking is Delasco rayon balls. I insert the wick as tight as I can without destroying the coil. Sometimes I distort the coil a bit inserting the wick, then I use a tiny screw driver to spread out the coil wraps again. I cut off about 1/2 the rayon at the shoulders before juicing it up and tucking it into place.

IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg

IMG_6638.jpg

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Thanks for the photo. I just notice something strange I think, in every video I saw when someone open the jfc the bubble go up slow, but in me goes fast and generally my juice finishing too fast, hope understand what I mean.

Try less cotton/rayon. Everything else looks good from what I'm seeing. I know if I cram too much cotton in my build, it doesn't wick great, and chokes it out. When inserting the cotton into the coil, if it's pulls the coil at all, it's too much from my experience.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
This is a 2.5mm id coil. It sits about 1.5-2mm above the air hole. The wicking is Delasco rayon balls. I insert the wick as tight as I can without destroying the coil. Sometimes I distort the coil a bit inserting the wick, then I use a tiny screw driver to spread out the coil wraps again. I cut off about 1/2 the rayon at the shoulders before juicing it up and tucking it into place.

View attachment 778397

View attachment 778399

View attachment 778401
damaged oring in pic number one?

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
@Venator
i find that the CB is to thick for the prime so i use muji,
i like to put very little cotton in it,i cut the tails above the little o-ring and also as said above push the wick gently away from the air-hole.
also when taking out the cotton from the coil to replace it, don't just pull it,because it'll squeeze juice into the air hole,just cut it on one side and then pull the other side.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
damaged oring in pic number one?

Well dang, that picture does look like a funky o-ring or something wrong with the 'slot' it sits in. It was taken Nov. 2017 and I haven't changed o-rings on any of my primes. I just took each of them apart and looked at that o-ring and the 'slot' and none look bad.

I can't explain why it looks like it looks in that picture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread